May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Second Comings in Revelation: Recapitulation

Christ returns at the end of Revelation chapter 6, with signs in the sun, moon, and stars, as are found in the Olivet Discourse.
Those at the end of the chapter are hiding from the wrath of the Lamb.
Why would they be hiding if Christ is not present?
The "kings", "captains", "might men", "free", and "bond" are also found in chapter 19 at the return of Christ.

He returns at the 7th trumpet, which is the last trumpet in the Bible, and the time of the judgment of the dead in Revelation 11:15-18.

The beginning of chapter 12 is a history lesson containing the fall of Satan, and the birth and dead of Christ, who is the seed promised to Satan in Genesis 3:15.

The Second Coming is found in the "harvest" of chapter 14, which is related to the parable of the wheat and tares in Matthew 13.

He comes as a thief at Armageddon, and the greatest earthquake in history is found in chapter 16. This occurs when the 7th angel pours out his vial.

He comes on a horse in chapter 19.

He comes with the fire, and the judgment of the dead at the end of chapter 20, which agrees with what Paul said in 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, and 2 Timothy 4:1.

The only way to properly interpret the book is through the principle of "Recapitulation".

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The crucifixion is a foreshadow of Judgement Day; (the believers were judged at the cross in Christ) so you do see some similar sounding language.

For example: The crucifixion speaks of "the sun darkened and the moon does not give her light"; but the event before Judgement Day speaks of "the sun is black as sackcloth of hair and the moon turns blood red".

So yes there were "signs in the sun, moon and stars" at the cross.

Also, there were other things related to judgement and a changing of the relation of believer to kingdom of satan. Those who were atoned for and died before Christ did, remained in Sheol until Jesus died. We pick this up in Revelation with the lamb "as was slain" opening the scroll and a great multitude appearing in heaven; who'd "come out of great tribulation". Jesus said to the thief on the cross "Today you will be with me in paradise." Paradise is in the 3rd heaven.

In Matthew 24 Jesus speaks of the tribulation being "cut short or no flesh would be saved". Language of "be saved" is speaking of atonement; so the "great tribulation" is connected to the atonement. Because no other time is salvation accomplished other than the atonement. If one believes the work of the cross is really complete; then the tribulation has already happened. It was connected to the atonement.

Daniel speaks of the tribulation being "one week".

Well, starting the Friday before the crucifixion we have Mary anoints Jesus's feet. He states "She has reserved this against the day of my burial". Tuesday night an unnamed woman pours oil over His head. He stats of that it is done for His burial. This I believe signified the commencement of the "3 days and 3 nights in the heart of the earth". (That is the atonement.) Exactly 3 days and 3 nights later; Jesus is dead.

The tribulation is "cut short" on the night of Passover when the angel of death consigns Jesus's human soul to Sheol. This is where He "preaches to the spirits in prison". Jesus doesn't physically die at that point though because He has a Divine nature. He dies when the Divine nature is rent from the human nature. This is the "tearing" of the "veil" of flesh.

In the spiritual realm; at the point of death, Jesus delivers the atoned souls who are in Sheol and they ascend with Him to the Father. This is "the battle of Armageddon". The "battle of Gog and Magog" appears to actually be Judgement Day.

"The tribes of the earth mourn" meaning all those who've died on that side of the atonement who are left in Sheol. They mourn because they know their judgement is sealed. They will be cast into the Lake of Fire at the end of time. And this is true for every unbeliever who dies post atonement time. They don't ascend to heaven upon death; they know they are condemned.

(Pretty scary stuff there!)

So all that in Matthew 24 that speaks of "the great tribulation" and all these trials that follow as the OT religious system is dismantled and the temple is destroyed. Jesus had stated that "this generation will not pass until all these things be accomplished".

Then at the end He tags on "heaven and earth will pass away but my words will not". "But of that day and hour knows no man...." Meaning the day and hour heaven and earth will pass away. Thessalonians picks this up as "the Day of the Lord comes as a thief in the night wherein .... the elements will melt with fervent heat." That is the final resurrection. That is Judgement Day.

So things spoken of in Revelation aren't necessarily things we see in the material realm; yet they are real none the less.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Christ returns at the end of Revelation chapter 6, with signs in the sun, moon, and stars, as are found in the Olivet Discourse.
The "kings", "captains", "might men", "free", and "bond" are also found in chapter 19 at the return of Christ.
He returns at the 7th trumpet, which is the last trumpet in the Bible, and the time of the judgment of the dead in Revelation 11:15-18.
The beginning of chapter 12 is a history lesson containing the fall of Satan, and the birth and dead of Christ, who is the seed promised to Satan in Genesis 3:15.
The Second Coming is found in the "harvest" of chapter 14, which is related to the parable of the wheat and tares in Matthew 13.
He comes as a thief at Armageddon, and the greatest earthquake in history is found in chapter 16. This occurs when the 7th angel pours out his vial.
He comes with the fire, and the judgment of the dead at the end of chapter 20, which agrees with what Paul said in 2 Thessalonians 1:7-10, and 2 Timothy 4:1.
The only way to properly interpret the book is through the principle of "Recapitulation".
I am confused. Are you saying the church is not leaving earth until the end of chapter 20? Is chapter 20 after 1000 years, or will there be another perhaps longer period of time, since it has been 1990 years since the Cross, will there be an even longer period of time between Revelation 16 and Revelation 20? Why did John mention a longer period of time in the last recap?

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Maybe if you would watch the YouTube video, you would not be so confused?

The pastor in the video does an excellent job of showing how the Book of Revelation repeats itself.

I understand the concept of recapitulation. I am confused because it does not fit. I constantly repeat the same thing over in different ways. I think I would understand if John did that. I understand John, and I do not see John restating any facts differently.

I am still confused on why John would go back and make the trib last for 1000 years. Nor why God would resurrect saints 4 or 5 different times but it is still just the same event. Why does John say there is a first event, if it does not happen in the 5th and 6th seal. The one and only resurrection of saints would be seal 5 and 6, even if there were many recaps over and over again, yet many deny the resurrection event happens first. Did the real one happen in the first, the seals. Or did the real one happen in the last recap which by the way was at the beginning of 1000 years, not the end. So each recap puts a resurrection in John's words at the beginning, yet the claim is still made, "no, it is always at the end." The blatant contradiction of facts is confusing.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

If the Jesuits established the futurist view, then why does RCC teach that the woman in Revelation 12 is the church? Who does new covenant theology be the woman is?

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I think you mean Christ, who is the seed promised to the woman.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Recapitulation is in the crowns and horns - repeated in Revelation 12, 13, 17. But not a repeat of history, but a repeat of presentation for purpose of understanding the end times time line.

Although I still in the process of Revelation 13, 17, you can go here and get the meaning of the symbols in Revelation 12 in the opening post. And a little farther down the 7 years (including the 6th seal) of the first and second half.

I will have one chart below that for Jesus's return in Revelation 19.

Charting Revelation 6-19

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Recapitulation is in the crowns and horns - repeated in Revelation 12, 13, 17. But not a repeat of history, but a repeat of presentation for purpose of understanding the end times time line.

Although I still in the process of Revelation 13, 17, you can go here and get the meaning of the symbols in Revelation 12 in the opening post. And a little farther down the 7 years (including the 6th seal) of the first and second half.

Charting Revelation 6-19
Charting it is not going to change the fact, they claim the cross was the first resurrection, and Revelation just recaps the church age 7 times. It is symbolic recaps, not a literal recap, and definitely not a matter of writing style. John sees 7 visions of the present period of time, all ending in judgment and a new creation. Has nothing to do with any future timetables whatsover!! The end is the end period.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Charting Revelation 6-19

Who is the woman that produces the "man child" (Christ) in Revelation 12?
He is the promised "seed" from the Old Testament, found fulfilled in Matthew 1:1, and Galatians 3:16.

Is it Eve from Genesis 3:15?

Is it the women on the boat with Noah?

Is it the women from the twelve stars in the dream Joseph had?

Is it Mary, the mother of Jesus, who had to flee to Egypt to escape the persecution of Herod?

The answer is... "Yes."

The beginning of Revelation 12 contains the fall of Satan, and the fulfillment of the seed promise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Is it Mary, the mother of Jesus, who had to flee to Egypt to escape the persecution of Herod?

The answer is... "Yes."

The beginning of Revelation 12 contains the fall of Satan, and the fulfillment of the seed promise.

So you agree with the RCC and the Jesuits ? So you follow Mari-ology

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So you agree with the RCC and the Jesuits ?

I agree with the Bible.

Modern Dispensational Theology came directly from the book "Coming of Messiah in Glory and Majesty", written by the Jesuit Manuel Lacunza, under the false name "Ben Ezra a converted Jew".

It was translated into the English by Edward Irving and presented at the Albury prophetic conferences in the U.K.
After Irving died in 1834, it was picked up by John Nelson Darby who brought it to the United States about the time of the Civil War.

It was later incorporated into the notes of the Scofield Reference Bible, and here we are today...

Genesis of Dispensational Theology

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I agree with the Bible.

Modern Dispensational Theology came directly from the book "Coming of Messiah in Glory and Majesty", written by the Jesuit Manuel Lacunza, under the false name "Ben Ezra a converted Jew".

It was translated into the English by Edward Irving and presented at the Albury prophetic conferences in the U.K.
After Irving died in 1834, it was picked up by John Nelson Darby who brought it to the United States about the time of the Civil War.

It was later incorporated into the notes of the Scofield Reference Bible, and here we are today...
It is a good thing John claims a literal millennium in Revelation. We do not have to listen to any human interpretation or theology that changes the actual Word of God. That would also include any symbolism or symbolic interpretation. The Word is clear and unchangeable. Any interpretation is adding to God's Word, and mere speculation. Throw out the Jesuits, amil, post mil. Throw out pre mil if you want. It has not happened yet. Because we do not even see the new heavens and earth of the OT, yet. Whatever happens before, cannot be changed or interpreted away.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is a good thing John claims a literal millennium in Revelation.

Are you going to tell us there are two men made of wood, and metal in the verse below?

Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.

Have you cut the time of the judgment of the dead in Revelation 11:18 out of your Bible?

Do you think Paul was confused in 2 Timothy 4:1?

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,693.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I agree with the Bible.

I think you should go take a look at my latest update original post, the Revelation 17 chart.

Charting Revelation 6-19

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Righterzpen

Jesus is my Shield in any Desert or Storm
Feb 9, 2019
Western NY
Visit site
✟144,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I agree with the Bible.

Fascinating; I knew about where it started from Darby; but I didn't realize where he got it from.

I'm a history nerd; so I'll definitely watch this video!

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Are you going to tell us there are two men made of wood, and metal in the verse below?

Rev 11:4 These are the two olive trees, and the two candlesticks standing before the God of the earth.
Have you cut the time of the judgment of the dead in Revelation 11:18 out of your Bible?
Do you think Paul was confused in 2 Timothy 4:1?
What is a clay pot? There are 4 witnesses in God's Word. The two from the OT were shown on the Mt of Transfiguration. You tell me, were Elijah and Moses the wood or the metal or both? Is your body a block, metal, and wooden spiritual holy temple? Will there be two witnesses from the NT? You quote a verse about judgment, and then ask about a symbolic type of vessel. Is God going to kill all humanity, or just break a bunch of clay pots? Are only literal sheep going to take over when the last human is killed along with all the goats? Will literal wheat rule with the sheep, while the tares are burned up in judgment?

The Bible is written in parables so children can understand the more gruesome literal meanings and still sleep at night without nightmares. So, no 1000 years is 1000 years. In the days of George Washington the first president is the symbolic form of saying how long George Washington was president without going into specific detail. No one today knows nor probably cares the exact time and length, although it is probably slightly harder to figure out than 4 simple numbers like 1000. Peter said don't be ignorant about the day of the Lord.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, no 1000 years is 1000 years.

Is the "Lamb" an animal that eats grass in the Book of Revelation, or it it a symbol of Christ?

Are the passages below found in your Bible, or do you ignore them to make the Premill doctrine work?

2Th 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2Th 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
2Th 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,159.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
2Th 1:7 And to you who are troubled rest with us, when the Lord Jesus shall be revealed from heaven with his mighty angels,
2Th 1:8 In flaming fire taking vengeance on them that know not God, and that obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ:
2Th 1:9 Who shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power;
2Th 1:10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

2Ti 4:1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;

Rev 11:18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.
12 Then I watched as he broke the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake, the sun turned black as sackcloth worn in mourning, and the full moon became blood-red.
13 The stars fell from heaven to earth just as a fig tree drops its figs when shaken by a strong wind.
14 The sky receded like a scroll being rolled up, and every mountain and island was moved from its place.
15 Then the earth’s kings, the rulers, the generals, the rich and the mighty — indeed, everyone, slave and free — hid himself in caves and among the rocks in the mountains,
16 and said to the mountains and rocks,Fall on us, and hide us from the face of the One sitting on the throne and from the fury of the Lamb!
17 For the Great Day of their fury has come, and who can stand?”

Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0