Rebuilt Temple ?? Greek- hieron or naos ??

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The original Greek uses two different words for the English word "temple".

In some cases the Greek word "hieron" is used and this often refers to the temple complex.

In other cases the Greek word "naos" is used and this often refers to the inner sanctuary and is also used by Christ to refer to himself as the temple.

Below Pastor Carl Gallups discusses these two words in scripture.

Pastor Gallups is pastor of Hickory Hammock Baptist Church in Florida and is a nationally known author.

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its the antichrist plan to rebuild the temple as he wish to declare himself as God there.

2 Thes 2:4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

What Paul say has not yet happen until now.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Its the antichrist plan to rebuild the temple as he wish to declare himself as God there.

2 Thes 2:4 He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God's temple, proclaiming himself to be God.

What Paul say has not yet happen until now.

Wait what?
How could Antichrist build a brick and mortar building that God would consider God's Temple?

• Agree
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wait what?
How could Antichrist build a brick and mortar building that God would consider God's Temple?

God would never stay at the planned 3rd Temple as its purpose is actually to be dedicated for the antichrist to state himself as God and the world who refuse will be exterminated.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God would never stay at the planned 3rd Temple as its purpose is actually to be dedicated for the antichrist to state himself as God and the world who refuse will be exterminated.
Then how could it be "The Temple of God"?
Or maybe you don't take that scripture literally?

Upvote 0

jgr

Site Supporter
Feb 25, 2008
✟783,767.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

That temple is a "naos" temple.

Wherever Paul uses the term in his epistles, it refers to the spiritual temple of the believer, collectively the Church.

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then how could it be "The Temple of God"?
Or maybe you don't take that scripture literally?

Paul described it as God's temple because people will build it for the purpose to serve God, whether God stays there or not is another thing.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Paul described it as God's temple because people will build it for the purpose to serve God, whether God stays there or not is another thing.
Ezekiel 43:1-5 ....there, coming from the East was the Glory of God....I saw the Glory of the Lord fill the Temple.
Ezekiel is prophesying about the new Temple to be built by the Lord's people, Zechariah 6:15, all the true Israelites [Overcomers] for God, as they live in all of the holy Land. Ezekiel 34:11-16
After they have made a 7 year peace treaty with the leader of the One World Govt, he, by then shown to be the Anti-Christ; will conquer them. Zechariah 14:1-2

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I saw the Shekinah Glory of the Lord fill the Temple.

I had often heard the word "Shekhina" coming from preachers, but never found it in the Bible.
I assumed that it must be a Hebrew word, but it is not.

That word comes from the Kabbalistic Book of Splendor (Zohar).

According to the above occult book the "Shekhina" is the indwelling feminine aspect of God.

What does all of this mean?

The word "Shekhina" is not a Bible word.

(The explanation above is from the book "Judaism's Strange Gods", by Michael Hoffman, page 144, copyright 2011)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,160.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
OK, I have deleted "Shekinah', as you are right, it isn't in most Bibles.
This fact is inconsequential to the truth of God's glory going into the new Temple, that will be built in Jerusalem by the Lord's Christian people.
God's glory leaves when the Anti-Christ comes and sits there, but Returns in the Person of Jesus, 3 1/2 years later.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Joh 4:19  The woman said to Him, "Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet. 
Joh 4:20  Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where one ought to worship." 
Joh 4:21  Jesus said to her, "Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. 
Joh 4:22  You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. 
Joh 4:23  But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. 
Joh 4:24  God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth." 

Gal 4:25  for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children— 

Gal 4:26  but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all. 

Heb 11:16  But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them. 

Rev_3:12  He who overcomes, I will make him a pillar in the temple of My God, and he shall go out no more. I will write on him the name of My God and the name of the city of My God, the New Jerusalem, which comes down out of heaven from My God. And I will write on him My new name.

I have no plans to go to the earthly Jerusalem on this rotten, sin-cursed world.
My destination is New Jerusalem.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Paul described it as God's temple because people will build it for the purpose to serve God,

What scriptures teach this?

whether God stays there or not is another thing.

Then There is already a building standing there that fits this criteria perfectly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What scriptures teach this?

Then There is already a building standing there that fits this criteria perfectly.

Paul described it as God's temple because people will build it for the purpose to serve God, whether God accept their offering or not is another question.

There's already a building standing there which will be side by side with the next temple of man, as a symbol of fake peace by antichrist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FrankDux

Dec 12, 2016
USA
✟14,876.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
I had often heard the word "Shekhina" coming from preachers, but never found it in the Bible.
I assumed that it must be a Hebrew word, but it is not.

That word comes from the Kabbalistic Book of Splendor (Zohar).

According to the above occult book the "Shekhina" is the indwelling feminine aspect of God.

What does all of this mean?

(The explanation above is from the book "Judaism's Strange Gods", by Michael Hoffman, page 144, copyright 2011)

From the Zohar ?

That doesn't sound quite right

Have you read this

Shekinah

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
From the Zohar ?

That doesn't sound quite right

Have you read this

Shekinah

The following came from a link to the link you provided. (Bolding and underlining by me)

"Zechariah & Jewish Renewal: From Gloom to Glory
by Fred P. Miller

"One of the best, if not the best, commentaries on Zechariah (or any book) I have ever read. This book opened my eyes to some new thoughts, and deepened what I already understood about Zechariah in particular and the whole bible in general.

Fred Miller's insight into the oral law and his comments on the Shekinah, tying it all in with biblical and secular history, were particularly valuable to me. "

The so-called "oral law" is found in the opinions of Rabbis who lived after 70 AD and compiled into writings known as the Babylonian Talmud.

Talmudic Judaism claims that God gave wisdom at Mount Sinai that was not written down, but was passed down orally through the rabbis.
This is why it is known as "the oral law".

Jesus told the Pharisees that they had made the word of God of none effect by the traditions of man, in Matthew 15:6.

The ultimate source of truth used by Orthodox rabbis today is the Babylonian Talmud, instead of the Old Testament.

Anyone who places any validity on "the oral law" of the rabbis should be avoided.

The Talmud states that Jesus was illegitimate child of Mary and a Roman soldier named Pantera.
(Check the book "Jesus in the Talmud" by Dr. Peter Schafer, who is Jewish.)

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Paul described it as God's temple because people will build it for the purpose to serve God

Where does Paul teach this? Where does any Scripture teach this?

There's already a building standing there which will be side by side with the next temple of man, as a symbol of fake peace by antichrist.

Again, What scripture teaches this?

You have offered plenty of speculation, and little, if any, scriptural support.

Show us the scriptures that teach what you claim.

Upvote 0