Oregon
✟960,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Ha... I am notorious for taking over the kitchen and cooking, though women can cook if they want..I actually like doing it together...though I also like making spicy dishes from scratch and experimenting in the kitchen...

Ecclesiastes 4:9
"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their labor: If either of them falls down, one can help the other up."

This also goes for starting the water, peeling the potatoes, making sure the sauce doesn't burn and stirring it while the other is prepping ingredients to add to the dish...
and it ends up delicious like something you might find in a gourmet restaurant.

That old school nonsense of "WOMAN, make me dinner!" is just off the charts ridiculous...like, make it yourself dude....

I'm more like.."just go relax, I'll make it".... unless she has a specific recipe in mind and we make it together...
We still do that sometimes (cook together) and I agree, it is highly enjoyable, and I even think it makes the dish actually taste better...

Reactions: Starcrystal
Upvote 0

Starcrystal

Sheep in Wolves clothing
Mar 2, 2004
In the woods... was In an old church - was On the
✟14,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Too many women these days are living in rebellion.

Many women now dress almost like men, wearing the same type of clothing that was once exclusively male. The Bible commands men not to dress like women and women not to dress like men, yet millions of women dress quasi-mannish. Gone are the days of dresses and skirts for them.

Oh dear, sorry but this is off the charts legalism...I can agree some women are living in rebellion but so are an equal number of men...get the beam out of your own eye so you can see..really..
The last part sounds like an ultra legalist church I once went to..women could not wear pants or else be judged, no jewelry, no makeup, not even wedding rings and that included men..men had to wear hair short and either dress in a suit or else very conservative casual...
where was Jesus in all this? Where was a salvation message when a poor girl was preached against because she was wearing pants and her hair was shoulder length and the preacher went off quoting Moses law and leaving Jesus out of it? She left, and so had many others.... never hearing the real gospel of forgiveness and love and grace because it was all law....a twisted gospel that could hardly save and if you happened to get saved there you would be indoctrinated by rules and must conform or else never be a member of that church....

Upvote 0

dayhiker

Mature veteran
Sep 13, 2006
MA
✟220,077.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Historians have studied the amount of violence in society from the Middle ages to the present. Violence has been going down since then. That's hundreds of years of less violence
in society. So the idea that there are more and more people that are doing evil is just false.

Upvote 0

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
And I use to cook and clean and do the laundry and dishes and worked when she didn't, with no complaining, but she took over after a while, and she's a happier, more fulfilled woman for it, and I am happy... She was raised with four brothers and no sisters and a demanding massaganistic home, she didn't know "how" to be a woman when I met her, so I showed her how and she took over...

So if I understand what you are trying to say - a woman's role is to clean, do the laundry, dishes, etc. and the right way to make her fill that role is to be an example of that to her? Don't force her and she will learn to enjoy taking on her role? As in she will become a woman because of cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc.?

Upvote 0

Starcrystal

Sheep in Wolves clothing
Mar 2, 2004
✟14,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So if I understand what you are trying to say - a woman's role is to clean, do the laundry, dishes, etc. and the right way to make her fill that role is to be an example of that to her? Don't force her and she will learn to enjoy taking on her role? As in she will become a woman because of cooking, cleaning, laundry, etc.?

I do not understand how men think a womans role is to do that..last I recall we did laundry together, folded the clothes together and everything..same with cooking as I explained...

as for cleaning..I don't even wanna go there LOL..this place gets overwhelming..even if both try and do it seems the mess has the upper hand..both must work together.. and I have even joked about getting a maid if I could afford one.... actually I tried to get one a few years ago when I could have but no takers...

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
This sounds an awful lot like legalism to me. God is concerned with the heart of a person, not how they dress. Sadly there are churches who will turn women and girls away just because they wear pants. Sounds an awful lot like the prideful attitude of the Pharisees to me.

Also, I noticed that this post is targeting only women you believe are ungodly. Have you looked around? It could just as easily be said that many men are failing to be the godly leaders they are called to be in their homes, the kind of leaders women are called to submit to.

Why is it I wonder that these arguments from men always seem to come across as prideful? So many men seem to think a woman's submission is just absolutely required, and all the while they can just continue doing as they please.

Christian men are to be totally and completely submitted the Christ. I could easily argue that there isn't enough of that happening among the same men who then want to point at women and demand that they should dress a certain way and behave a certain way. Such an attitude indicates that a man is actually not living in complete submission to Christ as he is commanded to do. That man is not behaving as a godly leader in his home.

Many men need to deal with themselves and stop berating women. Read the Gospels, do you notice how Jesus treats women? There is your example.

It's such a sad thing. Women will no longer let men boss them around. They want to have equal say in things. Hey, lets threaten them with the lake of fire or maybe even beat them a bit like they did in the olden days . . . that should straighten them out. Alas, if they are beaten until they submit, nowadays instead of submitting they file for divorce. The police and judges even take their side, and insinuate husbands can't just beat their wives any time they feel like it any more.

Why, I even heard that its possible to convict a husband for raping his very own wife!

Oh dear, what is the world coming to?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I think the sin illustrated here is the problem with society. We have been taught a toxic way to exist so we objectify and degrade one another. The church which participated in colonialism ... is not able to help teach a better way of being because we teach the same message with different social priorities.
People are not things, People are made in the image of God.
Perhaps some of you grew up in a tradition where you were taught to pray where you could use scripture to kind of coerce God into doing something for you because "he promised it, in his word" ... and maybe not.
But this objectifying of people and things in terms of how this benefits us ... it's kind of selfish isn't it? Is being selfish a sin?
Too many women these days are living in rebellion. They don't want to submit to their husband. They want to be disobedient to God's Word. They don't respect their husbands or his authority in the home. These women will go to the lake of fire unless they repent. They are of a reprobate mind. There is no once saved always saved, which I feel most of these so-called Christian women subscribe to. It makes them comfortable in their sin. Not following God's will for their lives is sin. Sin separates us from God. When you sin, you are to confess them to God to be cleaned from all unrighteousness. I don't think that most of these rebellious women are confessing their sins to God, thus they remain unclean and under judgment.

Women today also fail to upkeep the home, as commanded by God in Timothy. They choose to drop their kids off at daycare instead of taking care of them, even when their husband earns enough money to get by. Many women now dress almost like men, wearing the same type of clothing that was once exclusively male. The Bible commands men not to dress like women and women not to dress like men, yet millions of women dress quasi-mannish. Gone are the days of dresses and skirts for them.
So this post really objectifies women in terms of what benefits their husband and blames them for all of society's problems. That is how I read the OP.
I disagree.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
You do realize that Jesus had female disciples right? And these women were an integral part of the early church. Also, Paul worked alongside women as well, and he refers to several of them in his letters.

It was a patriarchal society, so certain things reflect that. But we can see from the life and ministry of Jesus that He cared deeply for women, and Paul clearly recognized the valuable role of women too.
In fact, He first appeared to WOMEN after he rose that first Easter morning.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,021,660.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Starcrystal

Sheep in Wolves clothing
Mar 2, 2004
✟14,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's such a sad thing. Women will no longer let men boss them around. They want to have equal say in things. Hey, lets threaten them with the lake of fire or maybe even beat them a bit like they did in the olden days . . . that should straighten them out. Alas, if they are beaten until they submit, nowadays instead of submitting they file for divorce. The police and judges even take their side, and insinuate husbands can't just beat their wives any time they feel like it any more.

Why, I even heard that its possible to convict a husband for raping his very own wife!

Oh dear, what is the world coming to?

Huh? don't know how to take this..in part true, in part sarcasm..NO do not beat your wife or GF..it is wrong, and she will not only file for divorce she will put you in jail.

Why do women have equal say in things? well, they always should have..Eve was taken from Adams rib THE SIDE, not his feet or his head..just a rib next to the heart so equal...

For some reason men sought to oppress women and make them slaves and still do...so women rebelled or some did, and yes I agree some go too far.
Stuff like "you scared me because you got upset I misplaced your tools, so I am calling the cops" is downright rediculous. Just find the tools together, and both guy and girl chill out man.
"You left toast crumbs all over the table!!"
EEK, a mouse!
there is a bug on me, you let a bug in the house...
That's it I am filing divorce!

I have also heard of husbands and wives dicorcing over an argument of who was their favorite football team..really? STOP watching football and being obsessed with it...
If your marriage is going to be smashed by football teams and bugs or mice, then what has the world come to?

Yes, women sometimes do take advantage of current laws when there is no actual beating or abuse, however men brought this on themselves by oppressing women for ages and making them slaves, telling them they were inferior, etc,, so now its back at ya... you reap what you sow...

Where is Deborah the Judge, she would fix all this nonsense...

Judges 4..read all

And the children of Israel cried unto the Lord: for he had nine hundred chariots of iron; and twenty years he mightily oppressed the children of Israel.

4 And Deborah, a prophetess, the wife of Lapidoth, she judged Israel at that time.

5 And she dwelt under the palm tree of Deborah between Ramah and Bethel in mount Ephraim: and the children of Israel came up to her for judgment.

6 And she sent and called Barak the son of Abinoam out of Kedeshnaphtali, and said unto him, Hath not the Lord God of Israel commanded, saying, Go and draw toward mount Tabor, and take with thee ten thousand men of the children of Naphtali and of the children of Zebulun?

7 And I will draw unto thee to the river Kishon Sisera, the captain of Jabin's army, with his chariots and his multitude; and I will deliver him into thine hand.

8 And Barak said unto her, If thou wilt go with me, then I will go: but if thou wilt not go with me, then I will not go.

9 And she said, I will surely go with thee: notwithstanding the journey that thou takest shall not be for thine honour; for the Lord shall sell Sisera into the hand of a woman. And Deborah arose, and went with Barak to Kedesh.

10 And Barak called Zebulun and Naphtali to Kedesh; and he went up with ten thousand men at his feet: and Deborah went up with him.

11 Now Heber the Kenite, which was of the children of Hobab the father in law of Moses, had severed himself from the Kenites, and pitched his tent unto the plain of Zaanaim, which is by Kedesh.

12 And they shewed Sisera that Barak the son of Abinoam was gone up to mount Tabor.

13 And Sisera gathered together all his chariots, even nine hundred chariots of iron, and all the people that were with him, from Harosheth of the Gentiles unto the river of Kishon.

14 And Deborah said unto Barak, Up; for this is the day in which the Lord hath delivered Sisera into thine hand: is not the Lord gone out before thee? So Barak went down from mount Tabor, and ten thousand men after him.

15 And the Lord discomfited Sisera, and all his chariots, and all his host, with the edge of the sword before Barak; so that Sisera lighted down off his chariot, and fled away on his feet.

16 But Barak pursued after the chariots, and after the host, unto Harosheth of the Gentiles: and all the host of Sisera fell upon the edge of the sword; and there was not a man left.

17 Howbeit Sisera fled away on his feet to the tent of Jael the wife of Heber the Kenite: for there was peace between Jabin the king of Hazor and the house of Heber the Kenite.

18 And Jael went out to meet Sisera, and said unto him, Turn in, my lord, turn in to me; fear not. And when he had turned in unto her into the tent, she covered him with a mantle.

19 And he said unto her, Give me, I pray thee, a little water to drink; for I am thirsty. And she opened a bottle of milk, and gave him drink, and covered him.

20 Again he said unto her, Stand in the door of the tent, and it shall be, when any man doth come and enquire of thee, and say, Is there any man here? that thou shalt say, No.

21 Then Jael Heber's wife took a nail of the tent, and took an hammer in her hand, and went softly unto him, and smote the nail into his temples, and fastened it into the ground: for he was fast asleep and weary. So he died.

22 And, behold, as Barak pursued Sisera, Jael came out to meet him, and said unto him, Come, and I will shew thee the man whom thou seekest. And when he came into her tent, behold, Sisera lay dead, and the nail was in his temples.

23 So God subdued on that day Jabin the king of Canaan before the children of Israel.

24 And the hand of the children of Israel prospered, and prevailed against Jabin the king of Canaan, until they had destroyed Jabin king of Canaan

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Now as they went on their way, he entered a certain village, where a woman named Martha welcomed him into her home. She had a sister named Mary, who sat at the Lord’s feet and listened to what he was saying. But Martha was distracted by her many tasks; so she came to him and asked, “Lord, do you not care that my sister has left me to do all the work by myself? Tell her then to help me.” But the Lord answered her, “Martha, Martha, you are worried and distracted by many things; there is need of only one thing. Mary has chosen the better part, which will not be taken away from her.
(Luke 10:38-42)
The way I read this passage is the Jesus desires women to be disciples more than he wants them to take on a traditional woman's role.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Reactions: All4Christ
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,521.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
OP. What do you suppose should be done when a MAN refuses to do HIS part? In other words, if a man is choosing not to work and not to manage the household what should be done?

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The reason why she said to not even touch it, & the tree that is in the middle of the garden is because this is what Adam told Eve God had said, but it was not what he actually said to Adam, which is Adam's fault and man will take full responsibility for, woman is innocent, man is not...

The reason why your religion and the Bible will always perfectly conform to what you personally believe is that you have simply added facts to Scripture that are not there, in order to bring it in line with what you believe.

I reject every "fact" you have added that is not in the script.

Which means there's no point in you and I continuing to discuss this. I won't add anything or subtract anything, but the very foundation of your view is based on words that you added. I wonder how you bring yourself to believe things that you know you added to the text.

Upvote 0

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
A woman's submission to her husband is ABSOLUTELY REQUIRED. God likens the church to a bride and Him to a groom. The bride is to serve the Groom. The Bible flat out commands wives to submit to their husbands. Too many women, indoctrinated by decades of ungodly feminism, which is promoted on television and all around us, abide by the world instead of God.
Ephesians 5: 22-25

22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Wonder why it is that I have NEVER seen this argument including v.21, which is part of the same admonition ... ? ;)

"Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ."

If marriage works the way it is supposed to, with BOTH parties dong their part, this discussion wouldn't even come up.

It's not too many happily married, secure, women who would rebel against a husband who was sacrificing himself for her as Christ did for us. But these kinds of diatribes are actually counterproductive, IMO, and demonstrate a warped view of submission. It's not meant to install the husband as a dictator.

After all, God desires that all men submit freely to Him in love, but He does not usurp our free will in the process.

Yes, there is a feminist agenda out there, along with all kinds of other misguided agendas. But painting all women with that brush, especially when you have no position of authority over them, well ... doesn't seem either helpful or fair.

Neither Christian households nor gatherings of believers ought to be motivated by power struggles. We should all serve one another, give place and honor to others who are, after all, made in the image of God, and prefer others before ourselves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

amariselle

Jesus Never Fails
Sep 28, 2004
The Great Northern Wilderness
✟60,500.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Sounds like Eve.

Actually, Eve's sin wasn't a failure to submit to Adam, but of choosing to disobey God. Adam was right there with her and he didn't object at all. If he had told her to stop and she hadn't listened, that might have been one thing, but he also heard everything the serpent said, and he did not speak up.

Upvote 0