Jun 1, 2015
✟8,481.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
Blaming a race, gender etc... for all the problems in a society is a scary path to take. Maybe, it needs to be the other way around and men should submit to God and not to themselves?

You can't leave out a part of the equation. There is no logic in it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Starcrystal
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The Godhead does not change. The Son has always been subordinate to the Father, and women were created subordinate to men.

That sounds somewhat blasphemous, saying that Jesus of a lesser order than God the Father, that would mean Jesus is not God.

Upvote 0

EmmaCat

Happy Homemaker!
Site Supporter
May 5, 2016
Rural Western NC
✟327,197.00
Country
United States
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
No, I want to make feminist-minded women aware that they're putting their eternal resting place in jeopardy. I actually don't desire that they go to the lake of fire.

I don't mean to be rude, but why don't you post that somewhere in a feminist-only forum? You're kind of preaching to the choir here, my friend.

Your message there might go over like a fart in church, but I'd love to see the replies.

All good things
Emmy

Reactions: Julie.S
Upvote 0

Starcrystal

Sheep in Wolves clothing
Mar 2, 2004
In the woods... was In an old church - was On the
✟14,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God called it an ABOMINATION. In other parts of the Bible, it is clear that anything that is an abomination can send someone to the lake of fire without repentance. Therefore, if God were this serious with calling it an abomination for Jews to cross-dress, do you think that God would approve of non-Jews cross-dressing?

There's also the verse in the New Testament that says the effeminate will not enter the kingdom of GOd. Male cross dressers are definitely effeminate.

We are not under law but under grace....the OT also speaks about mixed fabrics so lets throw away just about everything and go naked unless someone wants to weave us all wool garments...

That does not mean a license to sin but a calling away from sin and rules to free living under grace where holiness is a natural aspect of life, not dictated rules. I am not talking about transexual stuff where men deliberately try to be a woman, but simply women wearing pants or a man with long hair....

Jesus was accused of healing on the Sabbath and doing a work, and Jesus also blasted the legalistic Pharisees in Matthew 23.
Jesus also protected the woman caught in adultery that the men wanted to stone.. and the true story is "he who does not have this sin cast the first stone" meaning that all those men were guilty of adultery whether on mind, or physically, maybe even with that very woman..she went free.
And all the men dropped their stones..
Drop your stone...

Man judges the outward appearance, God judges the heart..do you truly know God?

Reactions: amariselle
Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
That is one view. It does not exhaust the possibilities of orthodox understandings of the Trinity, or human relationships.

Not surprising. Changing God himself is not too much for someone who has ignored and rebelled against His law and created order. The genesis and essence of sin is such.

Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
(The other point, of course, is that a typical Greco-Roman household was very different in its social make up and its functions than a post-industrial-revolution middle class home. The Greco-Roman household was a multi-generational family home, with grandparents and assorted other relatives to help with childcare. .

And, of course, there were no clothing stores in ancient times, nor even manufactured cloth merchants. For people to wear clothes at all, somebody had to take flax or cotton or wool fibers, comb them, then spin them into yarn, then weave that yarn, thread by thread, into cloth, then sew the cloth into clothing.

The simple act of clothing a person took months of labor.

Upvote 0

Julie.S

Jan 19, 2016
Pennsylvania
✟21,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you don't like the truth, it is what it is. Jeans and PANTS were specifically made for MEN. For thousands of years men have worn pants, women have not.

Women did not go hiking and mountain biking back then either then again no one did like we do today and they did not have bikes. Yeah I could put a skirt on but going through a forest with poison ivy is not a smart idea when doing so. The way we live today makes it not ideal for all women to have a dress on or a skirt. I also love pockets and I just need them.

Times change and so do the people along with it more times then not.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,245.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Not surprising. Changing God himself is not too much for someone who has ignored and rebelled against His law and created order. The genesis of sin is such.

How about we just take the fact that you think I'm completely apostate as read for all future discussions, and you can stop attacking me?

You don't have the monopoly on Christian opinion, and we disagree. That's fine. You don't need to make a personal attack of it every time we're both interested in the same topic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Vicomte13

Jan 6, 2016
Westport, Connecticut
✟93,837.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
as commanded by God in Timothy
God didn't command anything in Timothy.

Paul wrote a letter to Timothy expressing his opinions and giving his advice about many things that were very pertinent to the pastoral issues Timothy was facing in Eastern Greco-Roman, Jewish diaspora civilization in the mid First Century.

Paul is not God.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
That's pre-resurrection

so it is my understanding that you are saying that women are also not lesser. that's good.

The Son is the Son from eternity past. That's the relationship. Sons are subordinate to fathers.

No complimentarian I know thinks women lessor than men.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
When God was present and his voice heard among the people, there were three visible leaders of the people:

Moses, Aaron, and Miriam. All three were considered equal leaders of the community.

This is the example of God expressing an opinion in scripture, examples like this show no favoritism regarding gender. Teachings accomodating cultural bigotry that we simply haven't grown out of yet as a species was simply tolerated and we were taught to at least do it in a respectful fashion .. like as the tenets surrounding slavery.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
The Son is the Son from eternity past. That's the relationship. Sons are subordinate to fathers.

No complimentarian I know thinks women lessor than men.

Then I duly note an inconsistency in your conclusions.

Upvote 0

Starcrystal

Sheep in Wolves clothing
Mar 2, 2004
In the woods... was In an old church - was On the
✟14,805.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
One last thing..couples who split up over anything other than actual fornication or adultery (Cheating) are in sin..Jesus said divorce is only acceptable for fornication (inappropriate contenteia in Greek, so could also include inappropriate content)..
People divorce over petty nonsense, things that can be worked out, even words only...and both men and women fail at this constantly...
that is sin.
And couples do cheat on each other and that is gross sin that contaminates the soul..breaks a bond for Gods word says what God has joined together let not man put asunder... and that goes for those judges who grant divorces over petty nonsense while a spouse commits the sin of taking a brother or sister before the law of unbelievers...committing double sin rather than taking it before the church..
That is the true sin..
It is not about pants and hair..it is about love and the heart, for those are what God shall judge...

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Then I duly note an inconsistency in your conclusions.

Note away. I said nothing inconsistent with myself or scripture. If I have appeared to, either I misspoke or you misunderstood.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Note away. I said nothing inconsistent with myself or scripture. If I have appeared to, either I misspoke or you misunderstood.
The below quoted post used a comparison of one instance where subordinate did not mean lesser and another instance where subordinate did mean lesser. The comparison between the godhead and the male female marriage relationship and the use of the word "subordinate" was "authoring confusion" and inconsistent.
The Godhead does not change. The Son has always been subordinate to the Father, and women were created subordinate to men.

Upvote 0

jimmyjimmy

Pardoned Rebel
Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2015
USA
✟234,973.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
How about we just take the fact that you think I'm completely apostate as read for all future discussions, and you can stop attacking me?

You don't have the monopoly on Christian opinion, and we disagree. That's fine. You don't need to make a personal attack of it every time we're both interested in the same topic.

The unchangeable Godhead is not my opinion. It's orthodox Christianity. The very use of "that's your opinion" in this instance is a ruse.

Upvote 0