Reasons why I believe the KJV is the divinely inspired perfect Word of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again, you go by what the scholar says. I go by what the Bible says.

Well stop quoting them then; and show me the Bible verse that says "the KJV is perfect and God's perfectly preserved translation for today."
Or, "you shall have no other Bibles before the KJV".
Or, "I have sanctified them by the truth; the KJV is truth."

Obviously no such verses exist.
In your quest to prove the perfection of the KJV, you have quoted articles from scholars. Yet when someone who doesn't share your belief about the KJV does the same; suddenly, you don't believe scholars.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,180,783.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
  • Jews are not a reliable source for things pertaining to Jews.
  • Scholars = Scribes = bad anti-Christian joo joo, unless they agree with my totally subjective views, in which case they are totally acceptable.
  • No one can truly understand Koine Greek or Hebrew anymore, unless you are a scholar commissioned by a 17th century English King, in which case you are totally guided by the Holy Spirit in a way that no one else can be.
This is my understanding of Jason's arguments so far.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You also can point to your wrong line of manuscripts instead of the Textus Receptus manuscripts. So what you say here in regards to the KJV does not prove anything. You would actually need a time machine to prove what you are saying here. I don't use historical scholarship of religious men who can believe in false things. I use the Bible. The Bible in what it says now for our day. I can compare the KJV vs. the Modern Translations and show you that there are changes for the worse and not for the better.
Okay, then compare these with the King James Version and tell me where I am wrong.

Luke 8:4 And when many crowds came from every village a recommender3, and came to him, he said in a parable:
3 * Greek oυνtovtoç recommender

Luke 8:5 The sower went out to sow his seed; and he sowed, some fell along the way, on the one hand1, and it was intruded upon, and the birds of heaven ate it away;
1 * Greek μεv on the one hand # ADD MMS

Luke 8:6 And others fell2 upon a rock; and as soon as it germinated, it dried up, because it had no moisture.
2 * Greek ctcacv étcaa fell see G2009

Luke 8:7 and other fell in the midst of prickle, and the prickle grew with them and smothered them;
Luke 8:8 and other fell on the good ground, and springing up to bring about fruit a hundredfold. Saying these things, he cried: Having ears to hear, listen.

Luke 8:9 And his disciples asked him what is this parable?
Luke 8:10 And he said: To you is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God; but so3 in parables; that seeing they are not to see, and hearing they are not to understand.
3 * Greek λoutoι so, well now, then

Luke 8:11 And the same parable is: The seed is the word of God.

Luke 8:12 And those by the way are those that hear whether comes the slanderer and takes away the word from their heart that not to believe to put their trust in

Luke 8:13 But those upon the rock, those when they hear, with joy accept the word of God, those not having had a root, they for a time believe, and in the time of enticement, give up4.
4 * Greek aqιatavtαι apιεata give up

Luke 8:14 And those which heard and are fallen into the prickle, walk, and are suffocated from taking care of the wealthiness and pleasures of life, and are not effectual5.
5 * Greek tcAεapopoiσιv tcAεapópoç effectual

Luke 8:15 But that on the good ground, are they that in a good heart, having heard the good word keep it, and in endurance are fruitful.

Luke 8:18 Perceive then how you hear; for each who has, to him shall be given; and each who has not, even that thinks7 to have, shall be taken from him.
7 * Greek öoKcw think, appear to be

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have been doing more reading, and I recently updated the year of the King James version that I actually favor as the perfect Word of God. I believe the Cambridge King James Edition (circa 1900) to be the perfect Word of God for our day. I went back and updated my subsequent posts to remove the 1769 KJV. The reason for this is that the Apocrypha was not officially removed until 1885 and the Cambridge Edition (circa 1900) is shown to be a superior to the other Cambridge KJV editions that have come out. This KJV is the one that is used at Biblehub.com (Which is where I quote the Bible a lot anyways).

May each of you research to find the pure Word of God for our day.
Ask God to reveal His pure Word and He will do so for you.

May God bless you all.

Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been doing more reading, and I recently updated the year of the King James version that I actually favor as the perfect Word of God. I believe the Cambridge King James Edition (circa 1900) to be the perfect Word of God for our day. I went back and updated my subsequent posts to remove the 1769 KJV. The reason for this is that the Apocrypha was not officially removed until 1885 and the Cambridge Edition (circa 1900) is shown to be a superior to the other Cambridge KJV editions that have come out. This KJV is the one that is used at Biblehub.com (Which is where I quote the Bible a lot anyways).

May God bless you all.
So between 1611 and 1900, the KJV was not the perfect word of God. Got it.......the rabbit hole just keeps getting deeper.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 1:27 says,
"But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;"

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
<J0>I have been doing more reading, and I recently updated the year of the King James version that I actually favor as the perfect Word of God. I believe the Cambridge King James Edition (circa 1900) to be the perfect Word of God for our day. I went back and updated my subsequent posts to remove the 1769 KJV. The reason for this is that the Apocrypha was not officially removed until 1885 and the Cambridge Edition (circa 1900) is shown to be a superior to the other Cambridge KJV editions that have come out. This KJV is the one that is used at Biblehub.com (Which is where I quote the Bible a lot anyways).
May God bless you all
.<J0>
How is it possible for "the Cambridge King James Edition (circa 1900) to be the perfect Word of God for out day? When you said this in [post #240], this thread,
Jason0047, "How can they know about such things in another language that is dead unless they experienced it personally by being in that time period? It is madness that can claim to know such things."?
Did the KJV translators suddenly become fluent in the dead languages to make the KJV translation? Did they suddenly lose that ability before they could pass it on? Or did the biblical languages suddenly become dead after the KJV was translated

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty;"

Meaning??

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Moving on until somebody comes up with something substantial (like the Bible) so as to contribute to the thread.
May God's love shine upon you all.
Good move. Your own words disprove your claims about the superiority of the KJV.

• Winner
Reactions: A Realist
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,180,783.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
In Matthew 4:5-6 the devil also misuses Scripture. Incredible that you would take a verse about Christ crucified and try and relate it to the stupidity of your own arguments.
Lord have mercy.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In Matthew 4:5-6 the devil also misuses Scripture. Incredible that you would take a verse about Christ crucified and try and relate it to the stupidity of your own arguments.
Lord have mercy.

Yes, the context is the gospel in 1 Corinthians 1, but the word "things" is used in 1 Corinthians 1:27. It says God has chosen the foolish thingS. The word "things" is plural and not singular last I checked. So yes, while Paul is referring to the gospel, he refers to multiple things that confound the wise.

What could be more simpler than to just read Psalms 12:6-7 in the KJV and just believe it?

6 "The words of the Lord are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
7 Thou shalt keep them, O Lord, thou shalt preserve them from this generation for ever."
(Psalms 12:6-7).​

What many here have considered to be foolish here in the KJV for this passage is actually the wisdom of God that does not make sense to them.

Upvote 0

A Realist

Living in Reality
Dec 27, 2018
Georgia
✟67,536.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Lord have mercy.
Well, at least he's admitting that his KJV Only position is foolishness.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,194,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I mean, stop a moment and take a step back and consider your own actions in light of reading God's Word. Does Christ want us attacking each other or speaking bad of one another? Surely we can respectfully disagree in love over each other's different beliefs here.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I mean, stop a moment and take a step back and consider your own actions in light of reading God's Word. Does Christ want us attacking each other or speaking bad of one another? Surely we can respectfully disagree in love over each other's different beliefs here.

The thing is that, fundamentally, we all have the same belief - one Lord, one faith, one Gospel. We all bear the name of Christ, are all his children and have his Spirit.
Whoever repents, comes to the Lord, accepts his atoning death on the cross, has been born again, has eternal life and his Spirit, are saved; end of.
You can believe that the KJV is perfect, use, read and study it all the time, or you can never have read it in your life and don't intend to start - still saved, reconciled and blessed by the same God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

So at the end of the day, this is your belief - that the KJV is perfect.
Fine.
It seems that most of us here disagree; that's fine too - we're ALL saved by Jesus.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Site Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟993,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
<SIH>The thing is that, fundamentally, we all have the same belief - one Lord, one faith, one Gospel. We all bear the name of Christ, are all his children and have his Spirit.
Whoever repents, comes to the Lord, accepts his atoning death on the cross, has been born again, has eternal life and his Spirit, are saved; end of.
You can believe that the KJV is perfect, use, read and study it all the time, or you can never have read it in your life and don't intend to start - still saved, reconciled and blessed by the same God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
So at the end of the day, this is your belief - that the KJV is perfect.
Fine.

It seems that most of us here disagree; that's fine too - we're ALL saved by Jesus.<SIH>
The problem is when KJVO advocates make their belief in KJVO the standard of belief and practice. E.g. "If you don't believe in KJVO you're not saved." Some years ago a KJVO relative-in-law, at the time, in a service I was attending, called the Living Bible, "the Green Monster." My wife then, now deceased, favored the LB.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,052,596.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The problem is when KJVO advocates make their belief in KJVO the standard of belief and practice. E.g. "If you don't believe in KJVO you're not saved." Some years ago a KJVO relative-in-law, at the time, in a service I was attending, called the Living Bible, "the Green Monster." My wife then, now deceased, favored the LB.

I like the Living bible, though I rarely use it. I usually use the NIV, and consult with other versions. I even have a parallel NT with 4 versions side by side, including the KJV. I'm not against the KJV, it's just that I had one as a child, didn't understand it and stopped reading the Bible for a few years because of that.

I would hope that no one would question another's salvation just because that person uses a different translation of Scripture. :eek:

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.