Reasons why I believe the KJV is the divinely inspired perfect Word of God.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Gee, I dunno, maybe because it is a reliable record of what the Jews actually believe rather than something you pulled out of your hat?

No, you side with your own personal interpretation over actual facts.

Not true. My facts is what the Bible says about the Gentiles; And according to the Bible, the Gentiles were considered unclean according to Acts 10-11.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,041,301.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's not the same meaning. One is focused on obedience and the other is focused on studying so as to understand God's Word. While both are important to our faith, only the KJV teaches that we have to study to show ourselves approved of by God. We first have to properly understand God's Word so as to apply it to our lives.

It is as far as I'm concerned.
The rest of that verse makes it clear that it's about the Bible, "rightly dividing" or "correctly handing" the word of truth. To correctly understand and handle the Bible, involves study - working hard. Unless we consider verses in context, know who they were written to, the situation at the time and how the people would have received the words, we won't understand - that takes work; research, study, finding out.
It is the Holy Spirit who tells us how, or if, to apply them to our lives.

It's not only the KJV that uses the word study; the amplified does too, as I said.

And your statement was that 2 Timothy 2:15 does not appear in my Bible and if I had no KJV I would have no concept of it.
Wrong.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In other words, you deny the existence of the LXX altogether?

It is a document that exists, but it is merely a fake document that was created long after the death of Christ.

Upvote 0

he-man

he-man
Oct 28, 2010
usa
✟90,748.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I don't care what men say. I am only interested in what the Bible says.
Then start thinking.
If you even think the KJV is correct you better think again!

Luke 8:4 And when many crowds came from every village a recommender3, and came to him, he said in a parable:
3 * Greek oυνtovtoç recommender

Luke 8:5 The sower went out to sow his seed; and he sowed, some fell along the way, on the one hand1, and it was intruded upon, and the birds of heaven ate it away;
1 * Greek μεv on the one hand # ADD MMS

Luke 8:6 And others fell2 upon a rock; and as soon as it germinated, it dried up, because it had no moisture.
2 * Greek ctcacv étcaa fell see G2009

Luke 8:7 and other fell in the midst of prickle, and the prickle grew with them and smothered them;
Luke 8:8 and other fell on the good ground, and springing up to bring about fruit a hundredfold. Saying these things, he cried: Having ears to hear, listen.

Luke 8:9 And his disciples asked him what is this parable?
Luke 8:10 And he said: To you is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God; but so3 in parables; that seeing they are not to see, and hearing they are not to understand.
3 * Greek λoutoι so, well now, then

Luke 8:11 And the same parable is: The seed is the word of God.

Luke 8:12 And those by the way are those that hear whether comes the slanderer and takes away the word from their heart that not to believe to put their trust in

Luke 8:13 But those upon the rock, those when they hear, with joy accept the word of God, those not having had a root, they for a time believe, and in the time of enticement, give up4.
4 * Greek aqιatavtαι apιεata give up

Luke 8:14 And those which heard and are fallen into the prickle, walk, and are suffocated from taking care of the wealthiness and pleasures of life, and are not effectual5.
5 * Greek tcAεapopoiσιv tcAεapópoç effectual

Luke 8:15 But that on the good ground, are they that in a good heart, having heard the good word keep it, and in endurance are fruitful.

Luke 8:18 Perceive then how you hear; for each who has, to him shall be given; and each who has not, even that thinks7 to have, shall be taken from him.
7 * Greek öoKcw think, appear to be

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is as far as I'm concerned.
The rest of that verse makes it clear that it's about the Bible, "rightly dividing" or "correctly handing" the word of truth. To correctly understand and handle the Bible, involves study - working hard. Unless we consider verses in context, know who they were written to, the situation at the time and how the people would have received the words, we won't understand - that takes work; research, study, finding out.
It is the Holy Spirit who tells us how, or if, to apply them to our lives.

I can say the same thing, but the proof is in the pudding. The biblical evidence sides with the KJV. I updated my post #1 with a fourth biblical reason.

You said:
It's not only the KJV that uses the word study; the amplified does too, as I said.

And your statement was that 2 Timothy 2:15 does not appear in my Bible and I have no concept of it.
Wrong.

If you were on an island, and you were new to Christianity and all you had were Modern Translations with it's fumbled erroneous translation on 2 Timothy 2:15, then you would have no concept of studying to show yourself approved unto God.

The same could be said of 1 John 5:7. You would not know about the beauty the words that say: "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." The Trinity would be more of an assumption without this verse.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟991,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No. The Jews considered the Gentiles as unclean. So any writings of God's Holy words in Gentile tongue would have been an abomination to them.
Wrong as quoted above from the Jewish Encyclopedia.
J0 said:
This is even more evident that Jesus said salvation was of the Jews. This is even more evident that Jesus said not to go Gentile cities during His earthly ministry.
Jesus Himself went to gentile cities during His ministry. Tyre and Sidon Mark 7:24-26, Sychar John 4:5ff.
Jesus said salvation was "of the Jews." Jesus did not say salvation was only for the Jews.
Also let us remember Matthew 28:19-20

Mat 28:19-20
(19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
(20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
J0 said:
This is even more evident in the fact that he called Gentiles as dogs.
Do you actually think that Jesus, the Savior of the world, considered all gentiles to literally be dogs? The word that Jesus used was the diminutive of "dog" i.e. puppies. And the syro-Phonecian apparently was not insulted.

J0 said:
This is even more evident in the fact that Jesus referred to jots and tittles (Which is Hebrew writing and not Greek writing).
Which only shows that Jesus referred to the Hebrew scriptures one time.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Then start thinking.
If you even think the KJV is correct you better think again!

Luke 8:4 And when many crowds came from every village a recommender3, and came to him, he said in a parable:
3 * Greek oυνtovtoç recommender

Luke 8:5 The sower went out to sow his seed; and he sowed, some fell along the way, on the one hand1, and it was intruded upon, and the birds of heaven ate it away;
1 * Greek μεv on the one hand # ADD MMS

Luke 8:6 And others fell2 upon a rock; and as soon as it germinated, it dried up, because it had no moisture.
2 * Greek ctcacv étcaa fell see G2009

Luke 8:7 and other fell in the midst of prickle, and the prickle grew with them and smothered them;
Luke 8:8 and other fell on the good ground, and springing up to bring about fruit a hundredfold. Saying these things, he cried: Having ears to hear, listen.

Luke 8:9 And his disciples asked him what is this parable?
Luke 8:10 And he said: To you is given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God; but so3 in parables; that seeing they are not to see, and hearing they are not to understand.
3 * Greek λoutoι so, well now, then

Luke 8:11 And the same parable is: The seed is the word of God.

Luke 8:12 And those by the way are those that hear whether comes the slanderer and takes away the word from their heart that not to believe to put their trust in

Luke 8:13 But those upon the rock, those when they hear, with joy accept the word of God, those not having had a root, they for a time believe, and in the time of enticement, give up4.
4 * Greek aqιatavtαι apιεata give up

Luke 8:14 And those which heard and are fallen into the prickle, walk, and are suffocated from taking care of the wealthiness and pleasures of life, and are not effectual5.
5 * Greek tcAεapopoiσιv tcAεapópoç effectual

Luke 8:15 But that on the good ground, are they that in a good heart, having heard the good word keep it, and in endurance are fruitful.

Luke 8:18 Perceive then how you hear; for each who has, to him shall be given; and each who has not, even that thinks7 to have, shall be taken from him.
7 * Greek öoKcw think, appear to be

Okay, first, stop acting like you know biblical Greek. Nobody knows this language today. Many may claim that they may know Koine Greek, but life teaches us that languages change through out the passage of time. No group of humans can be a guardian for a particular language and prevent it from being changed. So your merely stating opinion based on scholars who think they know a dead language when they really do not know that language with 100% certainty. I don't care if they speak and write this language. It would still not be the same language that was spoken back in Paul's day. Sure, we can be right on some words, but such words would not conflict with the English.

You also can point to your wrong line of manuscripts instead of the Textus Receptus manuscripts. So what you say here in regards to the KJV does not prove anything. You would actually need a time machine to prove what you are saying here. I don't use historical scholarship of religious men who can believe in false things. I use the Bible. The Bible in what it says now for our day. I can compare the KJV vs. the Modern Translations and show you that there are changes for the worse and not for the better.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟991,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I can say the same thing, but the proof is in the pudding. The biblical evidence sides with the KJV. I updated my post #1 with a fourth biblical reason.
If you were on an island, and you were new to Christianity and all you had were Modern Translations with it's fumbled erroneous translation on 2 Timothy 2:15, then you would have no concept of studying to show yourself approved unto God.
The same could be said of 1 John 5:7. You would not know about the beauty the words that say: "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." The Trinity would be more of an assumption without this verse
Anybody with an IQ above room temperature would know that this means approved unto God.
NIV 2 Timothy 2:14-16
(14) Keep reminding God's people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.
(15) Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
(16) Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,041,301.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't care what men say.

You do care what men say - that is why you post so many Youtube clips, articles and book recommendations to prove your point. You care what they say; you seem to dismiss everything else.

I don't care what men say. I am only interested in what the Bible says.

Great!
So show me the verse which says "the KJV alone is 100% true and inerrant". Or where Jesus says "sanctify them by the truth; the KJV is truth." Or where God says "I will put my word - the 1769 edition of the KJV - in your hearts." Or where it says that God sent the KJV from heaven; dictated by him, beautifully presented and with a seal that said "100% pure, perfect truth."

The Bible does not anywhere single out the KJV, prophesy that King James will be born and ask for it to be made or say that it is the only true and preserved word of God. It does not say that many translations will be made of God's word in many languages, and give direction about the manuscripts to be used in producing these.
You only care about what the Bible says; the Bible does not say that the KJV is the only true and perfect word of God. So what now?

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,041,301.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The same could be said of 1 John 5:7. You would not know about the beauty the words that say: "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one." The Trinity would be more of an assumption without this verse.

No it wouldn't - there are dozens of verses that teach the concept of the Trinity; that the Father, Son and Spirit are all divine, yet there is only one God.
That may be one verse used when trying to show non Christians the truth - it is by no means the only one.

And I'm not on a desert island; I am a Christian with many resources who studies the word of God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Wrong as quoted above from the Jewish Encyclopedia.

It doesn't mean anything. The Jews are not a reliable source because there are many Jews who actually hate Jesus and Christians.

Jesus Himself went to gentile cities during His ministry. Tyre and Sidon Mark 7:24-26, Sychar John 4:5ff.
Jesus said salvation was "of the Jews." Jesus did not say salvation was only for the Jews.

I know that. The point here is that Jesus is saying that salvation originates from the Jewish people. People are saved by the Jewish people who used Jewish Scriptures and not Gentile Scriptures. Jesus always pointed us to the Scriptures. If the Scriptures were heralded in the Gentile language by Jews, Jesus would say salvation is both of the Jews and Gentiles because God's Word would be in the Gentile tongue that could give life to people. But this was not the case. By Jesus saying that salvation was of the Jews, he was pointing out how people needed to hear the Jews in regards to the Messiah in their Hebrew (Jewish) Scriptures. For Philip was able to share Christ via a writing from Isaiah.

You said:
Also let us remember Matthew 28:19-20
Mat 28:19-20
(19) Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
(20) Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

This was after Jesus had risen from the grave.

Do you actually think that Jesus, the Savior of the world, considered all gentiles to literally be dogs?

Yes. That is what the text says.

The word that Jesus used was the diminutive of "dog" i.e. puppies. And the syro-Phonecian apparently was not insulted.

The text does not say that. But a puppie is still a dog and they still can be disgusting creatures. They lick themselves and leave dog hair everywhere and it gets in your nostrils and throat and all over your cloths and you still don't feel exactly clean after taking a shower. They can also lay hot steaming piles of brownie goodness all over your carpets, too. They can can sometimes constantly bark things at that are not there sometimes, too. If you have ringing in the ears (like myself), this is not pleasant.

You said:
Which only shows that Jesus referred to the Hebrew scriptures one time.

And yet Jesus (nor His followers) never gave us any clue that the OT Scriptures were written in Greek. So we go off the information available to us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Der Alte

Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟991,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Okay, first, stop acting like you know biblical Greek. Nobody knows this language today. Many may claim that they may know Koine Greek, but life teaches us that languages change through out the passage of time. No group of humans can be a guardian for a particular language and prevent it from being changed. So your merely stating opinion based on scholars who think they know a dead language when they really do not know that language with 100% certainty. I don't care if they speak and write this language. It would still not be the same language that was spoken back in Paul's day. Sure, we can be right on some words, but such words would not conflict with the English.
You also can point to your wrong line of manuscripts instead of the Textus Receptus manuscripts. So what you say here in regards to the KJV does not prove anything. You would actually need a time machine to prove what you are saying here. I don't use historical scholarship of religious men who can believe in false things. I use the Bible. The Bible in what it says now for our day. I can compare the KJV vs. the Modern Translations and show you that there are changes for the worse and not for the better
Nonsense. Showing you don't know what you are talking about. I have already quoted the sources which show this but you attack and disregard it because it disproves your KJVO agenda. If scholars today can't know Biblical Hebrew and Greek neither could the English speaking scholars who translated the 1611 KJV. Or is your argument that the languages became extinct after 1611? You can't have it both ways.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nonsense. Showing you don't know what you are talking about. I have already quoted the sources which show this but you attack and disregard it because it disproves your KJVO agenda. If scholars today can't know Biblical Hebrew and Greek neither could the English speaking scholars who translated the 1611 KJV. Or is your argument that the languages became extinct after 1611? You can't have it both ways.

Again, you go by what the scholar says. I go by what the Bible says. I will side with what the Bible says ten times over before what any scholar says. I don't need a scholar to understand the Bible. The Word of God is not taught in the wisdom of men, but we are taught by the Holy Ghost.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
No it wouldn't - there are dozens of verses that teach the concept of the Trinity; that the Father, Son and Spirit are all divine, yet there is only one God.
That may be one verse used when trying to show non Christians the truth - it is by no means the only one.

And I'm not on a desert island; I am a Christian with many resources who studies the word of God.

No. That's not true. There is no verse that teaches the Trinity like 1 John 5:7. There may be verses that hint at a Trinity, but there is no verse that clearly tells us about the Trinity like 1 John 5:7.

As for the person who is stranded on an island:

Such a person can be a Christian just as much as you can be. They can have the same knowledge from God just as much as you can. God is not a respecter of persons.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Anybody with an IQ above room temperature would know that this means approved unto God.
NIV 2 Timothy 2:14-16
(14) Keep reminding God's people of these things. Warn them before God against quarreling about words; it is of no value, and only ruins those who listen.
(15) Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.
(16) Avoid godless chatter, because those who indulge in it will become more and more ungodly.

So you are against the KJV interpretation now?
Before you used a Modern Translation.
Is it possible that you are just blindly hating the KJV for no good reason? Stop and think for a moment. Would it not make sense to study the Scriptures to show yourself approved unto God? If a person acted first on the Scriptures without studying them, they could misapply Scripture in the wrong way. People have done this before. Some people have actually plucked out their eyes because they misunderstood the words of Jesus. But if they studied to show themselves approved unto God, they would not have done this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,167,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,167,262.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
It is a document that exists, but it is merely a fake document that was created long after the death of Christ.
Say someone without the slightest qualifications to make such a statement :doh:

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,187,903.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Nope. There are many fragments of the Pentateuch in Greek which date to the 1st and 2nd centuries BC.
So who is Steve Rudd and what are his qualifications?
Say someone without the slightest qualifications to make such a statement

I am only offering such a thing for you because it appears to be important to you what men think. For me: This is one probable explanation. I actually do not put my trust in Historical documents in being 100% true because I cannot verify such things with a time machine. I go by Observable Science or Observable Evidences. My Observable Science is the Bible. What evidences does the Bible present to us on this topic? Well, I posted my biblical evidences in post #1 and I even updated that post with a fourth biblical reason (not too long ago).

So far, people here have not and they WILL NEVER be able to defend their position against the KJV by using Scripture. There is no case you can make in the Bible for your view. Yet, there is a case that I can make for there being a perfect Word of God for our generation today. This can be seen in post #1.

Upvote 0

Der Alte

Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟991,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you are against the KJV interpretation now?
Before you used a Modern Translation.
Is it possible that you are just blindly hating the KJV for no good reason?
I don't hate the KJV. I don't put it on a pedestal as if God handed Moses the KJV and he carried it down the mountain. I use the KJV all the time. I minister in churches where English is not their first language and the KJV is incomprehensible to them. Also my first Greek professor Roger Omanson was on the KJV translation committee.
J0 said:
Stop and think for a moment. Would it not make sense to study the Scriptures to show yourself approved unto God? If a person acted first on the Scriptures without studying them, they could misapply Scripture in the wrong way. People have done this before. Some people have actually plucked out their eyes because they misunderstood the words of Jesus. But if they studied to show themselves approved unto God, they would not have done this.
Did you even read my post. Nothing I said could possibly be understood as saying not study the Bible. And none of the versions I have say that. For your information, which you will reject, the Greek word for "unto" εις/eis does not occur in 2 Tim 2:15. * indicates where eis should be if the writer intended to include it.

2 Tim 2:15 σπουδασον σεαυτον δοκιμον παραστησαι * τω θεω εργατην ανεπαισχυντον ορθοτομουντα τον λογον της αληθειας

• Agree
Reactions: kiwimac
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,041,301.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No. That's not true. There is no verse that teaches the Trinity like 1 John 5:7. There may be verses that hint at a Trinity, but there is no verse that clearly tells us about the Trinity like 1 John 5:7.

Even if that were true - and I dispute it but I'm not going to continue to argue; so what?

You read the KJV and say that it clearly teaches the Trinity more than any other Bible.
I don't read the KJV and disagree.
We both believe in the Trinity.
What does it matter if you claim to have a translation which teaches it more clearly - so long as people still believe it?

As for the person who is stranded on an island:

Such a person can be a Christian just as much as you can be. They can have the same knowledge from God just as much as you can.

Well exactly.
You are the one who keeps referring to this mythical person on some mythical island. Your claim is that, if they existed, knew nothing about Christianity and presumably discovered that there was a KJV washed up on the island with them, they would read it and learn the truth which they could not get from any other Bible.
Now you are saying that they can still be a Christian and have knowledge of God, just as much as I, with my "garbage" Bible, am.

That is the bottom line - someone can NOT read the KJV, NOT believe that it is perfect and still be a Christian; saved, born again, baptised and belonging to God.
Thank you for confirming it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.