Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat

I'm waiting before I take the vaccine. I am not an anti-vaxxer by any stretch, but I am also not one to rush into getting a cure till that cure is proven among the masses for a length of time. It's all well and good that in a controlled situation it has shown to be effective, but for me, it needs to get out among millions before I am comfortable with it having it injected in my body.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is only one way I would ever trust doing something silly like taking this vaccine. And it would be like such. Someone, such as Bill Gates, or Dr. Fauci, etc, would need to be present, and then when it got to me taking this, I then look over and point to Bill Gates, or Dr. Fauci, or whoever. Him first. Let's see you stick this very same needle meant for me in his arm first. And if you do that and he allows you to do that, that's proof enough to me that these vaccines might be safe after all. But if you and he refuse something like that, that's proof enough to me that these vaccines might not be safe after all, like I suspected all along.

Reactions: Littlek
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
There is only one way I would ever trust doing something silly like taking this vaccine. And it would be like such. Someone, such as Bill Gates, or Dr. Fauci, etc, would need to be present, and then when it got to me taking this, I then look over and point to Bill Gates, or Dr. Fauci, or whoever. Him first. Let's see you stick this very same needle meant for me in his arm first. And if you do that and he allows you to do that, that's proof enough to me that these vaccines might be safe after all. But if you and he refuse something like that, that's proof enough to me that these vaccines might not be safe after all, like I suspected all along.

Sharing needles is a bad idea.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
They’d probably tell you they already took it since they most likely already would have by then.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
If approved, Matt Hancock and Piers Morgan are taking the vaccine together on Good Morning Britain.

I honestly thought I'd vomit rainbows before I saw an alliance form between those two.

Says a lot if you ask me.

Who is Matt Hancock? (I unfortunately know that Piers Morgan is a "broadcaster" who replaced Larry King for a while before scuttling back to England.)

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sharing needles is a bad idea.

LOL. That's hardly what I meant. I would never suggest such a thing. My point was, the needle meant for me, give it to Dr. Fauci first, so that way no one is doing any switching of anything, then give me the next needle.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They’d probably tell you they already took it since they most likely already would have by then.

Even if they claimed they already took it, how would they be able to prove they already took it? Anyone can claim anything they want. That doesn't always make it true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
LOL. That's hardly what I meant. I would never suggest such a thing. My point was, the needle meant for me, give it to Dr. Fauci first, so that way no one is doing any switching of anything, then give me the next needle.

I knew that, but I think you need to lower your trust threshold just a little bit, because this thing will never work if people are going to require seeing famous people take in person before getting the injection. I'm perfectly fine with wanting to know that many identifiable people have gotten the same vaccine, but you will need to trust the distribution network.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,577.00
Faith
Christian
Who is Matt Hancock? (I unfortunately know that Piers Morgan is a "broadcaster" who replaced Larry King for a while before scuttling back to England.)

He's the Health Secretary for the UK. Sorry, I forget that outside of the UK, NO one is likely to know who he is.

I used to live in the same village as Piers - we'd eat in the same restaurant and everything. So consider yourself lucky. I've actually had to talk to him.

Upvote 0

Arc F1

Let the righteous man arise from slumber
Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2020
Kentucky
✟146,863.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

pescador

Wise old man
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2011
✟498,844.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Even if they claimed they already took it, how would they be able to prove they already took it? Anyone can claim anything they want. That doesn't always make it true.

And it doesn't make it untrue. Are you really suggesting that Bill Gates and Dr. Fauci would actually show up because you asked them to be there? That would never happen!

If you don't want the vaccine then there is more for those of us who value our lives.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,394.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I used to live in the same village as Piers - we'd eat in the same restaurant and everything. So consider yourself lucky. I've actually had to talk to him.

Every village has one of those kind (or a few).

• Agree
Reactions: ReesePiece23
Upvote 0

Isilwen

Oct 13, 2019
Florida
✟161,599.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Democrat
If you don't want the vaccine then there is more for those of us who value our lives.

I'm sorry, but that is just a silly statement. I value my life as well and am at higher risk than most since I am an EMT and have asthma. I still am going to take a wait and see approach to these vaccines. I want to see what it does among millions out in the wild so to speak. There is nothing at all wrong with that approach.

• Agree
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

sesquiterpene

Sep 14, 2018
USA
✟160,219.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
but for me, it needs to get out among millions before I am comfortable with it having it injected in my body.
Great, that's a big improvement for you - last time you were saying you wanted to wait 8 to 10 years after a vaccine is approved, which is absurd from a safety point of view. If you are lucky, millions will have had the vaccine before it's even approved in the US (but I expect approval next week for Pfizer). Have you decided how many millions it will take before you end your vaccine hesitancy?

Upvote 0