Fort Wayne
✟40,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I feel so worthless. I have failed God. I feel like I am rejected silver. I abused the heart that Jesus gave me and now i feel like its hardened. My sins are before me. I believe i am reaping what I sowed. I keep trying to fight this but every way I look at it I have completely and utterly failed God. Everything that I've done is now being shown to me through the scriptures. Its condemning.

I'm selfish. I am beginning to hate that i'm selfish. I keep battling in my mind wither or not Jesus still wants me.

Has anyone felt this way or has anyone gone through this?

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I feel so worthless. I have failed God. I feel like I am rejected silver. I abused the heart that Jesus gave me and now i feel like its hardened. My sins are before me. I believe i am reaping what I sowed. I keep trying to fight this but every way I look at it I have completely and utterly failed God. Everything that I've done is now being shown to me through the scriptures. Its condemning.

I'm selfish. I am beginning to hate that i'm selfish. I keep battling in my mind wither or not Jesus still wants me.

We have all felt this way at one time or another who now see the light.

Peter felt this way after he denied Christ.

Paul, after he realized what he was doing to the church of Christ.

David, after he murdered a man and took his wife.

I would say you are in good company with those who before you have had a repentant heart toward God.

Thank God for His mercy and now pick yourself up and follow Him, just as these did.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I feel so worthless. I have failed God. I feel like I am rejected silver. I abused the heart that Jesus gave me and now i feel like its hardened. My sins are before me. I believe i am reaping what I sowed. I keep trying to fight this but every way I look at it I have completely and utterly failed God. Everything that I've done is now being shown to me through the scriptures. Its condemning.I'm selfish. I am beginning to hate that i'm selfish. I keep battling in my mind wither or not Jesus still wants me.Has anyone felt this way or has anyone gone through this?

I hope so. We are all in need of salvation. Knowing it is a good thing.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Hi; @Alynn.

To use your silver analogy:

Ezekiel 16.12 speaks of the Lord giving Zion earrings ... and a nose ring, and then verse 16 says she was 'perfect through my comeliness, which I had put upon thee, saith the Lord God'.

In other words, it's not the way we are naturally that counts, but how God views the believer in Christ, clothed in Divine righteousness; Romans 3.22: 'Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe'.

So with your silver comparison, think of a nice pair of silver earrings - maybe similar to the idea of the earrings that the Lord gave to Zion - and then remember it's how God sees the believer in Christ that counts. Nice silver ear studs - not part of you originally but now firmly embedded in the earlobes so that this is how you now look, in the sight of God, so to speak.

(Hope this helps... :) )

Upvote 0

Glorytothefather2245

Always Forgive!
Site Supporter
May 26, 2018
Rhode Island
✟239,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Those feelings are from the kingdom of darkness. God doesn't put away his people because they keep failing. Thats what Jesus Christ is for, we are justified thru Jesus Christ. Keep praying and don't give up. There is a difference in truly trying and failing vs not caring! I was an adulterer for 2 years. I left the lady and came back and God showed me it was wrong and it took me 7 months to leave her, but God never left me he helped me thru it even though i kept failing at it Don't look at yourself as failure. Have faith that God will bring you through your struggles!

Upvote 0