Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
I was praying and talking with God today about how I really feel like I’m getting nothing out of church anymore. I have no strength or heart to praise and worship, have no care to serve or give anymore, the messages and the word don’t change my life anymore. I’m sorry to ask so often for prayers for myself, but something has really got to change or I feel like I may just give up eventually. Please pray for my health, please pray for my relationship with the Lord, please pray for my finances, please pray for me. Thank you.

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was praying and talking with God today about how I really feel like I’m getting nothing out of church anymore. I have no strength or heart to praise and worship, have no care to serve or give anymore, the messages and the word don’t change my life anymore. I’m sorry to ask so often for prayers for myself, but something has really got to change or I feel like I may just give up eventually. Please pray for my health, please pray for my relationship with the Lord, please pray for my finances, please pray for me. Thank you.
Praying Curtis. Pick “The Gospel Centered Life” by Robert Thune.

• Useful
Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

You must preach the gospel to yourself, that message is your cure. I will still pray.

Upvote 0

TheOldWays

Candidate
May 28, 2014
✟125,030.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
don't put so much pressure on yourself. God is understanding. You don't have to fire yourself up to 'praise and worship' if you don't feel it. Allow yourself to feel 'flat' in church. Allow yourself time to figure out your faith. Allow yourself to take a break from serving. Allow yourself to explore other ways to know the Lord.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟832,904.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
What I learned is that it is not what we get out of church, but what we put into it. There are many who are leeches who suck the pastors and leaders dry and then complain when things don't go their way.

I am not saying that you are a leech, but if you are in a large church with no opportunities for service, then I would seriously pray and ask God to show you a church that is crying out for people with your skills and who would welcome you with open arms and appreciate your contribution to the life of their church.

I have just joined a small union church and it has some liberal aspects to it. I asked the Lord why I felt led to go there seeing that I am an evangelistic, Puritan, continuist in my theology. It seemed that He made me believe that a church like this needs people who are Christ-centred to show an alternative to the liberalism. I was welcomed with open arms, and I might get opportunities to preach there as they get to know me better.

One of the ladies said that people will attend or stay away depending on who is preaching. This is because they have a range of preachers - some Christ-centred and some liberal. I told her that I support the church every Sunday no matter what because my support is "being there". Actually I increased the male numbers there by 100% by joining it. Then, after the morning tea, I got to the sink and washed the dishes. So I got promoted from pew-sitter to morning tea dish washer. I can only go up from there!

So, are you prepared to be the janitor of the church and clean the toilets? That is one of the most important areas of service, because no one wants to sit on a dirty toilet and smell the excrement of others who has created an explosion in it! Or you can go up there on a Saturday and get on the end of a vacuum cleaner and do the carpets. Someone has to do it! It's amazing what you can find to do if you are humble enough to be faithful in jobs that no one else wants to do. Then, when you are faithful in these, the Lord is very likely to say to you, "Come up higher brother", and you might find yourself invited to take the worship part of a service, or lead someone to Christ, or be part of the prayer ministry team praying for those who go forward in an altar call. You might be invited to be enrolled in the lay-preacher training programme to be able to preach in the church.

So, changing your attitude to "what can I get out of this church" to "what can I do to support the life of the church" can totally alter your fellowship with the Lord and restore the joy of your salvation.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

Instead of forcing the issue with yourself, maybe it's time for you to take a Sabbatical.

What you are feeling isn't necessarily the things you are saying, it could be more on the order of a disillusionment with what you have witnessed yourself in the Church you attend and you are just burned out, trying to keep up the facade.

Simply:
It's not God.
It's not you.
It's something else which interferes with what you know to be true in your relationship with God which is now hindering you from achieving that relationship.

This is not something that has happened to you overnight, it has been progressing for some time now, and at this point it has come to a head, you are questioning everything in your relationship with God, but like I said, it's not God or you, it is something which is outside of your personal relationship that is causing you difficulty.

Step back, reassess your surroundings, make sure you are where you not only want to be but, where you should be.

What I am saying is, it sounds like you are just tired of RELIGION and what it takes for you to maintain that persona

Definition:
Persona:
(in the psychology of C. G. Jung) the mask or façade presented to satisfy the demands of the situation or the environment and not representing the inner personality of the individual; the public personality.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pioneer3mm

Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2018
North America
✟550,133.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As I said before, ( on your ' previous prayer requests ' posts)
continue to 'wait on the Lord..'
- Isaiah 40:31
---
Listen to devotional / worship music.
- Also, go to your favorite scriptures..
---
It seems to you that this phase will not be over.
- You will be restored & renewed..in His time.
---
I have been there..during my spiritual journey.
- For me, it was time for 'spiritual breakthrough.'

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DLovingBrother

Jun 21, 2018
MidAtlantic
✟24,441.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Scottish theologian P. T. Forsyth said, “Christ came not to be ministered to, but to minister; and our first duty, therefore, is to be ministered to by Him. First faith, then works.” I am not telling you what to do but just consider it, bro. Drop what you are doing, and allow Him to minister to you first, transforming you, loving you, and giving you peace. He will give you the power to do what you are stressing out to do today.

Upvote 0

Ricky M

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2017
Los Angeles
✟130,544.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
John 12:25

Anyone who loves their life will lose it, while anyone who hates their life in this world will keep it for eternal life.

John 15:19

If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

James 4:4

Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? Whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

1 John 2:15

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

1 Corinthians 4:11

Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwelling place; 12 And labor, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it: 13 Being defamed, we entreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the off scouring of all things unto this day. 14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you."

Matthew 5:3

“Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 4 Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted. 5 Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth. 6 Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled. 7 Blessed are the merciful, for they will be shown mercy. 8 Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. 9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God. 10 Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11 Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. 12 Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Luke 6:20

“Blessed are you who are poor, for yours is the kingdom of God. 21 Blessed are you who hunger now, for you will be satisfied. Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh. 22 Blessed are you when people hate you, when they exclude you and insult you and reject your name as evil, because of the Son of Man. 23 “Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their ancestors treated the prophets. 24 “But woe to you who are rich, for you have already received your comfort. 25 Woe to you who are well fed now, for you will go hungry. Woe to you who laugh now, for you will mourn and weep. 26 Woe to you when everyone speaks well of you, for that is how their ancestors treated the false prophets.

2 Corinthians 12:10

That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Matthew 10:22

You will be hated by everyone because of Me, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

Philippians 1:21

For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22 If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! 23 I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24 but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. 25 Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith

1 Thessalonians 3:7

Therefore, brothers and sisters, in all our distress and persecution we were encouraged about you because of your faith. 8 For now we really live, since you are standing firm in the Lord.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I will pray for you. Somethings that have helped me are meditating on the Bible and Dr Charles Stanley is a really good preacher who God has used to speak to me
Meditating on Scripture is indeed a great help and blessing.

Upvote 0