Visit site
✟17,387.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I actually do suffer from mental illness unfortunately. I have schizophrenia.
I'm just trying just to walk a fine line of repentance.
Be gentle with yourself. I don't know much about schizophrenia, but I know from my own experience that sometimes our brains can be unkind to us, and lead us into strange and unhelpful ways of thinking. It might help you to dwell on the love and goodness of God. I hope that helps x

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟783,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I just live life by faith as possible in a basic & logical fashion. God doesn’t test us in any micromanagement way. The Lord says we will have tribulations in this world but He has overcome all of this ( John 16:33). Whatever good happens I still give thanks to God for ( James 1:17).

I am thankful to have a basic job & pay my bills. I am solitary and have usually been much of my 60 years and have come to terms with depression etc.

There is still a sad world around us so I must do something though as a Christian. If we can, the Lord calls us to be charitable ( Matthew 6:1-4) & prayer for ourselves and all people in general ( Matthew 6:6-15). We can pray for those who evangelize ( Matthew 9:36-38). I am blessed to be able to donate blood; so I do that & do charitable donation .
Whatever you can do and pray as you do it ( see 1 Timothy 2:1-6). Keep the Lords commandments in mind and action ( see Matthew 19:16-19, Romans 13:1-14). I remember guard against self righteousness etc. ( see Luke 18:9-14).

If we do not have Jesus Christ as God and Savior, our salvation is extremely uncertain. I would suggest maybe reading the Gospel of John chapters 14, 15, & 16 and Colossians 1. These might be helpful in that the Lord explains that He is God the Son and tells us also of God the Father and God the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟427,951.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Hello @stevenb6

I’m sorry about the things you’re suffering, and there’s a lot here to be concerned about! I don’t mind responding here, but as I have the joy of serving as a Chaplain, I wanted to check if you’d like to have a chat. If we can be of help to you in any way, please feel free to reach out to the chaplains, either publicly or privately, here:

You have my prayers!

Upvote 0