Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
As some of you may know I've done a number of prayer threads about applying for PHD programs or trying to get a job. I've been rejected for all of them as of today. I'm still stuck living with my parents and feel really hopeless and depressed, as bad as I've ever felt in my life. Please pray that I would get some encouragement or good news in the next week or so to cheer me up and give me some hope for the future.

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I am so sorry you are down and I pray for some happy news for you soon. I think God must have something bigger and better in mind for you. Don't lose faith.
God Bless you!

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,929,250.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Hi @TheApostleJohn, the Lord often answers our prayers in one of three ways, yes, no, or wait. Option three can be the most frustrating (just ask Job), but when "wait" (or "no") is the answer we receive from Him, it gives us the opportunity to grow in Christlikeness/sanctification in ways that a "yes" answer may not provide us with (as we patiently wait upon the One who loves us so, the One who knows us/knows what we truly need far better than we could ever hope to ourselves, the One we trusted enough to surrender the reins of our lives to when we first came to Him in faith :)).

One of my very favorite verses is this one (it's an admonishment with a promise attached to it):

Psalms 37
4 Delight yourself in the Lord
*, and He will give you the desires of your heart.

The first half of the verse is the only part we need to concern ourselves with. The key is not found in chasing after the desires of our hearts, the key is in chasing after Him*.

Hang in there! Praying for you!

God bless you! (Numbers 6:24-26; Isaiah 40:31; Romans 8:28)

--David
p.s. - here are some quotes from Elliot and Spurgeon that I hope you'll find encouraging.

This hard place in which you perhaps find yourself is the very place in which God is giving you opportunity to look only to Him, to spend time in prayer, and to learn long-suffering, gentleness, meekness - in short, to learn the depths of the love that Christ Himself has poured out on all of us. ~Elisabeth Elliot

Our vision is so limited we can hardly imagine a love that does not show itself in protection from suffering.... The love of God did not protect His own Son.... He will not necessarily protect us - not from anything it takes to make us like His Son. A lot of hammering and chiseling and purifying by fire will have to go into the process. ~Elisabeth Elliot

God is God. Because He is God, He is worthy of my trust and obedience. I will find rest nowhere but in His holy will, a will that is unspeakably beyond my largest notions of what He is up to. ~Elisabeth Elliot

I've learned to kiss the waves that throw me up against the Rock of Ages. ~Charles H. Spurgeon

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
May God open the door to something better than you have ever perceived and may you be blessed beyond expectations with God's wonderful grace.
Keep in mind that God's timing is much different than ours.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Not having a job and living with parents is not as bad as being on your own and not having a job. Be thankful for living with your parents, and know that this can change.
Father, give this one patience, contentment in You, and hope of finding a job and being able to get out on their own and supporting them self one day. May they live to please both You and their parents, serving both, until they leave that home. May they represent You well under these circumstances. Amen.

Reactions: St_Worm2
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums