• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Real Curious about Paintings

Discussion in 'Messianic Judaism' started by washedagain, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Gxg (G²)

Gxg (G²) Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7) Supporter CF Ambassadors

+1,182
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    US-Others
    DH stands for what, by the way? And as I went to the link but didn't know where to go, what was the name I could go to?

2. Henaynei

Henaynei Sh'ma Yisrael, Adonai Echud! Al pi Adonai...

+1,657
    United States
    Widowed
    US-Constitution
    :)
    DH Dear Husband
    DW Dear Wife
    DM " Mother
    DF Father
    DD Daughter
    DS Son
    etc

Link should have taken you to our book page on our site.
    All books there were written by DH. (Very Prpud wife)

b'Shalom {iPod touch w/CF app}

3. Gxg (G²)

Gxg (G²) Pilgrim/Monastic on the Road to God (Psalm 84:1-7) Supporter CF Ambassadors

+1,182
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    US-Others
    Man, I'm gonna need a handbook--as I was thinking that DH meant something akin son or Daughter...

When I got there, I saw 4 book references but nothing specific I was certatin of. My apologies for missing it..
    Glad to know you were proud :)

4. Henaynei

+1,657
    United States
    Widowed
    US-Constitution
    Near the bottom of the header at the top are 3 tabs - All, Fiction and Non-fiction. If you click All you will see all his books. :)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012
  5. Gxg (G²)

+1,182
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    US-Others
    Cool...:)

6. Henaynei

+1,657
    United States
    Widowed
    US-Constitution
    I hope you found it :)

7. Avodat

Avodat Contending for Biblical truth

+277
    Other Religion
    Private
    Have you put these books in a post on the sticky about books and web-sites re MJism?

8. Gxg (G²)

+1,182
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    US-Others
    Wishing you had let me know about what you noted with the books when there was discussion on Jewish artwork in the thread on comics. :)

9. Henaynei

+1,657
    United States
    Widowed
    US-Constitution
    There's a sticky? I'll go look for it. Todah!

10. Henaynei

+1,657
    United States
    Widowed
    US-Constitution
    Almighty then. I've added the link and much more info to the Books sticky. Todah Rabbah!

11. Gxg (G²)

+1,182
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    US-Others
    :thumbsup:

12. Gxg (G²)

+1,182
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    US-Others
    One example of art glorifying the Lord is something I came across which I thought was very beautiful is the Mosaic at a Christian church at Tabgha, on the northwestern shore of the Sea of Galilee, where tradition says Yeshua gave the Sermon on the Mount.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tabgha in Arabic is Al-Tabigha, whereas in Hebrew it's Ein Sheva = עין שבע which means The 7 springs. Tabgha is the traditional site of Jesus miracle of multiplication of the loaves and fish near the Sea of the Galilee.:)
    Sacred Art truly rocks, IMHO:D

13. DennisTate

DennisTate Newbie Supporter

+1,605
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    Gxg (G2)

What do you personally think of the theory that the Ark of the Covenant may have been taken to Ethiopia?
    //In a September 1935, article in the National Geographic magazine, L. Roberts recorded his interviews with various priests in different parts of Ethiopia who consistently told the same story. They recounted that the Queen of Sheba had visited King Solomon and had had "a child", Menelik I. Solomon educated the lad in Jerusalem until he was nineteen years old. The boy then returned to Ethiopia with a large group of Jews, taking with him the true Ark of the Covenant.....

//The Ethiopian official national epic known as the Glory of the Kings (Kebra-Nagasi) contains an amazing story which offers an explanation of what happened to the Ark of the Covenant. In addition, there are several Ethiopian murals which tell how the Ark and the Tablets of the Law were taken to Ethiopia for safekeeping by Prince Menelik I. ..... The Queen of Sheba, his mother, had died and the prince prepared to leave Jerusalem to return twenty-five hundred miles to his native country to become its king.

Prince Menelik bore an uncanny resemblance in beauty and regal bearing to his father. King Solomon wanted to give him a replica of the Ark to take with him to Ethiopia because the long distance would prevent him from ever again worshipping at the temple in Jerusalem.

However Prince Menelik was concerned with the growing apostasy of Israel and the fact that his father, Solomon was now allowing idols to be placed in the Temple to please his pagan wives. King Solomon gave the prince a going-away banquet and after the priests were filled with wine, Menelik and his loyal associates switched arks and left the replica in its place in the Holy of Holies.// (Grant Jeffrey, [page 115, Armageddon, Appointment with Destiny).

14. Gxg (G²)

+1,182
    Oriental Orthodox
    Private
    US-Others
    Dennis,

Although this thread is a bit old, if interested, some good sources of reference would be the following:

On your question, I sought to tackle that issue a year ago in other posting - and recently as well when it came to wondering what would happen if the Ark was found today - as seen here:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2013
  15. DennisTate

DennisTate Newbie Supporter

+1,605
    Canada
    Messianic
    Married
    CA-Conservatives
    Wow.......the

Kulanu: Is the Ark of the Covenant in Ethiopia?

article was awesome....I am so glad to see some back up information on this topic!!!!!!!

Thank you immensely!!!!!

And I will sure appreciate your prayers about this:

https://apps.facebook.com/forumforpages/180898612019485/6d0e6b1a-c408-4589-b800-9cc294039ec0/0
    Canadian support for rebuilding of Jerusalem Third Temple Complex can alter Middle East political formula.