Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Haven't attended church in several years, but I've never tuned out to the things of God. I'm hoping this men's Christian forum will be a good place to fellowship with other real Christian men, by real I mean men who will not allow themselves to be emasculated by well-meaning Christian women who confuse living for the Lord means to set aside your masculinity, to "be more like Jesus". When you mix feminism with Christianity or just plain femininity (the non radical kind) with ideas about who Jesus was, it leads to disaster. I couldn't handle the rank-and-file male Christianity at the churches I tried to fellowship in. I don't like huggy Christian men, or men who weep every time the song service gets too emotional, so forth. I love the Lord, and I love people, but at some point when does the body of believers really minister to men, masculine Christianity? Hope this makes sense.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Haven't attended church in several years, but I've never tuned out to the things of God. I'm hoping this men's Christian forum will be a good place to fellowship with other real Christian men, by real I mean men who will not allow themselves to be emasculated by well-meaning Christian women who confuse living for the Lord means to set aside your masculinity, to "be more like Jesus". When you mix feminism with Christianity or just plain femininity (the non radical kind) with ideas about who Jesus was, it leads to disaster. I couldn't handle the rank-and-file male Christianity at the churches I tried to fellowship in. I don't like huggy Christian men, or men who weep every time the song service gets too emotional, so forth. I love the Lord, and I love people, but at some point when does the body of believers really minister to men, masculine Christianity? Hope this makes sense.
Hello and welcome to CF. :)

That's something I used to wonder about for men's sake as I thought many places were feminizing Christianity, for want of a better word. I wasn't sure if it was just me that saw it that way, until I read an article about my own Church (Eastern Orthodox) about men finding something there that they could identify with. So I guess it's not only me that wondered about things like that. And Christianity certainly isn't about feminizing men! I think it's just an unfortunate trend that has affected many fellowships.

I hope you'll find lots of fellowship here of the kind you're looking for, and in actual churches too, for that matter. :)

God be with you. :)

Upvote 0