Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Part of why God called David a "man after His own heart" is because David loved God sooo much that He "hid" God's Word in His heart so he would eschew evil (sin) eschew= actively AVOID it. It was the same with Job. Job "eschewed" evil. That is why God called him righteous and perfect..it was because his heart was perfect before God and he "feared" Him. Same with David.

How many "hide His Word in their heart" today so that they might not sin against God? There seems to be a lack of "fearing Him"...rather there is the not taking God seriously, which is akin to "lukewarm-ness"

Unfortunately, that's the very thing that causes God to vomit.

11732929784_2b906f2b8f_z.jpg

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Psalm 36:1-12

36:1 For the music director; written by the Lord’s servant, David; an oracle. An evil man is rebellious to the core. He does not fear God, 2 for he is too proud to recognize and give up his sin. 3 The words he speaks are sinful and deceitful; he does not care about doing what is wise and right. 4 He plans ways to sin while he lies in bed; he is committed to a sinful lifestyle; he does not reject what is evil. 5 O Lord, your loyal love reaches to the sky; your faithfulness to the clouds. 6 Your justice is like the highest mountains, your fairness like the deepest sea; you preserve mankind and the animal kingdom. 7 How precious is your loyal love, O God! The human race finds shelter under your wings. 8 They are filled with food from your house, and you allow them to drink from the river of your delicacies. 9 For you are the one who gives and sustains life. 10 Extend your loyal love to your faithful followers, and vindicate the morally upright! 11 Do not let arrogant men overtake me, or let evil men make me homeless! 12 I can see the evildoers! They have fallen! They have been knocked down and are unable to get up!

Upvote 0

Restoresmysoul

Sep 12, 2014
✟4,252.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Psalm 133 New King James Version (NKJV)

Blessed Unity of the People of God
A Song of Ascents. Of David.

133 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is
For brethren to dwell together in unity!
2 It is like the precious oil upon the head,
Running down on the beard,
The beard of Aaron,
Running down on the edge of his garments.
3 It is like the dew of Hermon,
Descending upon the mountains of Zion;
For there the Lord commanded the blessing—
Life forevermore.

Fountain Of Life - YouTube

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟522,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
[FONT=&quot]It is true that we are not to hide God’s Word in our hearts yet not heed it. We are not to hear the Word, learn it and understand and teach it and then go out into the world and not obey that Word ourselves. We also are not to grieve the Holy Spirit and we are not to sow to please the sinful nature, but we do still stumble. We have sisters and brothers in Christ who at times are weaker than us and so it may seem to us these sisters and brothers are far too prone to stumbling. Can they really be serious about their Christianity we wonder.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The above are some of the teachings of righteousness. Our goal is perfection, yet it is an unattainable goal because we live in this corrupted human body, in a sin-cursed world and with our enemy, the devil, among us as a roaring lion waiting to devour us at any mis-step. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]How do the Psalms lend any kind of comfort over this our predicament? What do they say for our weaker brothers and sisters? (and if we are honest we can admit that we ARE that weaker sister or brother in Christ on some level or on some score at any one given time)[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Psalm 7:8:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]…Judge me, O LORD, according to my righteousness, according to my integrity, O Most High.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Psalm 18:24:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Lord[/FONT][FONT=&quot] has rewarded me according to my righteousness,[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
according to the cleanness of my hands in his sight.
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What is this self-righteous David speaking of?? What makes him so bold as to name himself righteous?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We are declared righteous by our faith. David is exactly right and not at all self-righteous. We too own that peace should we live in contrition and repentance. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I wrote this simply to remind us that we have no righteousness of our own and to once again ponder this wonder of God. What a gift is faith!![/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟522,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have been asking myself what my favorite book of the Bible might be. I have no favorite...there are so many different verses scattered throughout the Bible which are all precious to me at different times. I find a treasure everywhere I read.
Just being truthful.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have been asking myself what my favorite book of the Bible might be. I have no favorite...there are so many different verses scattered throughout the Bible which are all precious to me at different times. I find a treasure everywhere I read.
Just being truthful.
What I tend to say is that certain books of the Bible are among my favorites, including the Psalms.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My absolute favorite psalm is 27:

One thing have I asked of the Lord,
that will I seek after;
that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
all the days of my life,
to behold the beauty of the Lord,
and to inquire in his temple.

:)
A lovely prayer. We need to be cleansed by the work of Christ at the Cross in order to stand in God's holy presence! May we be satisfied with God's holy presence and blessing!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

James Is Back

CF's Official Locksmith
Aug 21, 2014
Oklahoma
✟32,480.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
A lovely prayer. We need to be cleansed by the work of Christ at the Cross in order to stand in God's holy presence! May we be satisfied with God's holy presence and blessing!

:amen::thumbsup::clap:

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟522,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What I tend to say is that certain books of the Bible are among my favorites, including the Psalms.

A bit wile...no, not serious, nicely put! I can use that line, which brings me to "one of my favorites":

The fear of the Lord is pure,
enduring forever.
The decrees of the Lord are firm,
and all of them are righteous.

10 They are more precious than gold,
than much pure gold;
they are sweeter than honey,
than honey from the honeycomb.
11 By them your servant is warned;
in keeping them there is great reward.
12 But who can discern their own errors?
Forgive my hidden faults.
13 Keep your servant also from willful sins;
may they not rule over me.
Then I will be blameless,
innocent of great transgression.

--Psalm 19:9-13

Upvote 0

Restoresmysoul

Sep 12, 2014
✟4,252.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Hebrews 4:12New King James Version (NKJV)

12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
A bit wile...no, not serious, nicely put! I can use that line, which brings me to "one of my favorites":

The fear of the Lord is pure,
enduring forever.
The decrees of the Lord are firm,
and all of them are righteous.

10 They are more precious than gold,
than much pure gold;
they are sweeter than honey,
than honey from the honeycomb.
11 By them your servant is warned;
in keeping them there is great reward.
13 Keep your servant also from willful sins;
may they not rule over me.
Then I will be blameless,
innocent of great transgression.

--Psalm 19:9-13
Yes, I love Psalm 19 also. :)

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟522,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hebrews 4:12New King James Version (NKJV)

12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

I'm not certain of the lesson you are pointing out here Restoresmysoul...could you expound?
Thank you in advance,
throughfireytrial

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Restoresmysoul

Sep 12, 2014
✟4,252.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm not certain of the lesson you are pointing out here Restoresmysoul...could you expound?
Thank you in advance,
throughfireytrial

No lesson. I was just comparing scriptures. David asked the question "who can know his secret faults" and the answer seems to be in the Hebrews scripture i posted. Of course david prolly already knew the answer himself, because he asked God to cleanse him.

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟522,723.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No lesson. I was just comparing scriptures. David asked the question "who can know his secret faults" and the answer seems to be in the Hebrews scripture i posted. Of course david prolly already knew the answer himself, because he asked God to cleanse him.

I see. I believe he is also pointing out that we are more sinful than we think...we have faults/sins, even unknown to us...you rightly point out that the Holy Spirit exposes our sin.

Upvote 0
Oct 14, 2014
Portugal
✟17,323.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I love the Book of Psalms as well. :)

Psalm 22

My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.

But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them

They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.

But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.

All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,

He trusted on the Lord that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.

But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother’s breasts.

I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother’s belly.

Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.

Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round.

They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion.

I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.

My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.

For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet.

I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.

They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture. John 19:23-27

But be not thou far from me, O Lord: O my strength, haste thee to help me.

Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog.

Save me from the lion’s mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.

I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee.

Ye that fear the Lord, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel.

For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.

My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him.

The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the Lord that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.

All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the Lord: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.

For the kingdom is the Lord’s: and he is the governor among the nations.

All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.

A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Psalm 22 is clearly Messianic. The sufferings of the Lord Jesus hundreds of years into the future are foretold. How we should trust day by day what Scripture tells us, rather than what human tradition tells us! It's so remarkable to see in the Psalms the Person and work of the Lord Jesus at the Cross!

Upvote 0