Devon
✟49,590.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Industrial strength bleach is very much more powerful than normal household bleach and even the fumes from it are quite dangerous. I mix bleach with others things and make various cleaning concoctions.

Bleach is very strongly alkaline, it is even useful for mixing with other substances to make paint stripper. I clean various things in different concentrations of bleach, white spirit and washing up liquid. I think that white spirit is known in the USA as mineral spirit.

Bleach and white spirit don't mix at all, but the washing up liquid emulsifies the white spirit, so that the two can be mixed. I clean and restore old antiques, so I know how to do this and what ratios to use, messing around with stuff like this can be quite dangerous, if you don't have the necessary knowledge and understanding.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Industrial strength bleach is very much more powerful than normal household bleach and even the fumes from it are quite dangerous. I mix bleach with others things and make various cleaning concoctions.

Bleach is very strongly alkaline, it is even useful for mixing with other substances to make paint stripper. I clean various things in different concentrations of bleach, white spirit and washing up liquid. I think that white spirit is known in the USA as mineral spirit.

Bleach and white spirit don't mix at all, but the washing up liquid emulsifies the white spirit, so that the two can be mixed. I clean and restore old antiques, so I know how to do this and what ratios to use, messing around with stuff like this can be quite dangerous, if you don't have the necessary knowledge and understanding.

Oven cleaner is great for stripping old paint from metal.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For one thing learned bleach has different amounts of sodium hypochlorite. So learned to read more labels.

Ah this really makes me laugh...well I can't tell you how many times my son had to say to me "didn't you read IT?"

• Friendly
Reactions: tturt
Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟960,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ah this really makes me laugh...well I can't tell you how many times my son had to say to me "didn't you read IT?"

If you really want to have fun try reading the instructions on a can of spray paint. :swoon:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kettriken

Feb 10, 2020
Pennsylvania
✟41,816.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Private
Sometimes they're used for crafts,, gardening,, etc but some wooden pallets contain toxic chemicals.

I've heard that you want to look for pallets that have a "heat treated" mark. We use a lot of reclaimed wood, so this has been a concern in my household.

Upvote 0