East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Earlier this year I thought about reading Proverbs because it is about wisdom and obedience.
Yes, I read it for a while ... there is a thread for a chapter a day, every day in the month. Great!

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I read it for a while ... there is a thread for a chapter a day, every day in the month. Great!

Most likely in a word for word Old English version. No matter which chapter and book I read, it must be in a modern English translation. Until the CF administerators accept my requext to make all English versions available wehn we click on Scritpure links in posts, I am stuck on Bible Hub and Bible Study Tools.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
ChristianForCats said:
Most likely in a word for word Old English version. No matter which chapter and book I read, it must be in a modern English translation. Until the CF administerators accept my requext to make all English versions available wehn we click on Scritpure links in posts, I am stuck on Bible Hub and Bible Study Tools.
I use my own versions, when I am on my computer I will give you a link, I am sure you will like it. In fact I will read it again.
Read chapter 20 today because it is the 20th of the month, in your Bible. It is a really good chapter, I like verse 15,
There is gold and a multitude of rubies,
But the lips of knowledge are a special jewel.
This verse really speaks to me :)
Back later...

• Winner
Reactions: quietbloke
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi, here is the link,
Day 20, Proverbs Chapter 20
we could use this thread which would be easier, do you think? :rolleyes:

• Winner
Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
We could use this thread which would be easier, do you think?

Anything that only puts modern English Bibles in a thread would be easier! And by modern I mean what I write, 20th century English.

Upvote 0

GodLovesCats

Mar 16, 2019
Florida
✟117,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Read chapter 20 today because it is the 20th of the month, in your Bible.

You just gave me a brainstorm. Make the Verse of the Day the month (chapter) and day of month (verse) instead of a random pick of the litter. Then it trully is the verse of the day! I will start a new thread if you like that idea.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You just gave me a brainstorm. Make the Verse of the Day the month (chapter) and day of month (verse) instead of a random pick of the litter. Then it trully is the verse of the day! I will start a new thread if you like that idea.
Yes, that would be great, here in the Pentecostal forum ? :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Does everyone like the NIV? I know it has been criticized on this forum but can't find anything better.
...anything...what I do is read the chapter in my Bible until a verse speaks to me. I do that all the time when reading the Bible. That way, the Lord changes me as I prayerfully read. Lord speak to me through your Word. And he does...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I read the whole chapter even if one verse speaks to me like that. Verses are easier to understand when I read some before and after them.
Yes of course, but the one verse is what I post on the web, in a picture if I am on my computer...:)

Upvote 0

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Earlier this year I thought about reading Proverbs because it is about wisdom and obedience.
I also find Ecclesiastes very practical and helpful. May God help us in our Bible reading!

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We are working through Joshua on Sundays at Church. He was 110 years old when he died. Moses was 120 years old with perfect eye sight and the strength of a young man.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

quietbloke

Brother in Christ
Site Supporter
Jun 30, 2006
England
✟807,383.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
We are working through Joshua on Sundays at Church. He was 110 years old when he died. Moses was 120 years old with perfect eye sight and the strength of a young man.
Joshua is so inspiring and encouraging!

Upvote 0