Visit site
✟8,921.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Is there any difference between reading a paper Bible (book) and reading the Word through a Bible app on a Smartphone?

Only as a matter of convenience and cost. If you find a passage of the bible written on a piece of toilet paper then when you go to the bathroom you could either wipe your body or read it. I guess you may want to avoid that with a smartphone! :wave:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Eye strain. And that can go either way. Blue light for devices or print that's too small in some printed bibles. Generally though paper print is easier on the eyes.But my Kindle is pretty good. With apps you have reference upon reference and commentaries, concordances at your finger tips for deeper meaning and deep studies without flipping a bunch of pages or getting extra books.. And several are free or low cost. Course your device conks out you got nothing so you still need a paper and ink bible or two around.

Upvote 0

Iron-Duke

Jul 29, 2021
Kharkov
✟443.00
Country
Ukraine
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Eye strain. And that can go either way. Blue light for devices or print that's too small in some printed bibles. Generally though paper print is easier on the eyes.But my Kindle is pretty good. With apps you have reference upon reference and commentaries, concordances at your finger tips for deeper meaning and deep studies without flipping a bunch of pages or getting extra books.. And several are free or low cost. Course your device conks out you got nothing so you still need a paper and ink bible or two around.
I can understand people using an iPad, for example, who perhaps are long-sighted - good idea, on a device it's easy to enlarge the font. However, for me, and I use a Smartphone/Laptop fo r Bible study, there just seems to be something special about receiving revelation from the Holy Spirit through the paper Bible.

• Agree
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0