Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I never meant to hyjack this thread, merely to share with my brother the fact that he is not alone in his sufferings :XD

For the privacy of those involved I am not going to say who of course, but I recently recieved many threats from a man who is going across youtube preaching that God is hateful.

I just wanted to ask for your prayers and to give an example that even in a country such as America there is still persecution sometimes. I have recently begun my own online devotional ministry, I do not even have my website completely and online yet. And I have already been contacted multiple times by an individual who is not only taking verses out of context to form a false view of God and Christianity, but he is actually gaining a following of non-believers by doing so.

Please pray for this man and those who believe his lies. He pulls verses out of the Bible, mostly the Old Testiment, parts such as when the firstborn of every child was killed in Exodus, and when adultrers were stoned, etc., and pulls these verses out of their context to bend them into forming this false view that God is hateful, and that churches today preach just what it is they want to, while leaving out the bad. He is generating hatred toward Christians in general over the internet. I replied calmly to his messages toward me, but I admit I'm a bit concerned that he may start directing this hatred toward me or others inparticular because of my new ministry.

Of course, there is nothing to fear when God is on our side!, but please pray, especially for him and those who are blindly believing what he is teaching.

God Bless,
SS
:prayer:
God Bless you SolitarySoul!
God bless your ministry to which He has called and equipped you!
And God bless this man who is hounding you, may he too, see the comfort of God where-with God has comforted you and be ashamed :XD

In Jesus Name! :kiss:

Upvote 0

LovesTruth

May 22, 2006
✟2,092.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So you are disagreeing with the foremost authorities in word definitions just because this one definition doesn't agree with you? Give me a break!

I think you place far too much credence in the dictionary! That would be comical were the topic not so serious.

Ofcourse the dictionary is wrong. Religious persecution is the denial of a right or property or condition because of faith. In some cases that right is life or limb. Other times it is only money. In this case it is performance due to breach of contract.

Here is why the original poster seems to have a just complaint. He evidently purchased participation in the website as a game player including all the rights and privileges that come with his purchase. The owner extends the right to religious recruitment to other faiths but denys it to Christians. That is breach of contract.

And worse it is across interstate lines which may invoke some federal protections! And if the poster is Negro, there is a constitutional amendement in the USA that expressly forbids breach of contract to Negros! Just some legal material to consider.

He/she could sue for his/her money back. Since it is across statelines, it would be a federal matter. And if he/she got two other Christians who were also victims of the same kind of breach of contract, they could form an aggrieved class and file a class action suit. See your dictionary for the meaning of a class action lawsuit.

Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again, don't mean to hyjack SolitarySoul :o

But on a lighter note, we've actually formed a sucessful [hopefully] boycott! :XD

Over half a dozen Christians have left the game so far :)

------------------------------

SolitarySoul, will you tell us who this man is so we can perhaps boycott his work as well?

If he's sowing seed of the enemy, we too will sow on the ground that God would bless!

Upvote 0

gracebkr

Apr 28, 2007
✟7,640.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That is not persecution, not even close. "Persecute" is defined by Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary as:

If people's words are enough to cause you to suffer, then I highly suggest you seek therapy, because you must have low self-esteem.
To harass was in your definition. Most people that are harassed leaves them with a feeling, not a physical injury. By your own definition it says if you are harassed, because of you religion, with intention for that person to suffer. It does not say excluding feelings. You can harm someone with words. Ask the Rutger's basketball team.

Upvote 0

Truffle

Proud American
May 26, 2006
✟34,869.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Democrat
Americans protect Muslims in America becasue they are a bunch of cowards and are scared of them. Now it is considered "racist" or impolite to even stare at them...
?? that's not true. I don't agree. I live in a state with alot of Muslim people.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,249.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
For the privacy of those involved I am not going to say who of course, but I recently recieved many threats from a man who is going across youtube preaching that God is hateful.

I just wanted to ask for your prayers and to give an example that even in a country such as America there is still persecution sometimes. I have recently begun my own online devotional ministry, I do not even have my website completely and online yet. And I have already been contacted multiple times by an individual who is not only taking verses out of context to form a false view of God and Christianity, but he is actually gaining a following of non-believers by doing so.

Please pray for this man and those who believe his lies. He pulls verses out of the Bible, mostly the Old Testiment, parts such as when the firstborn of every child was killed in Exodus, and when adultrers were stoned, etc., and pulls these verses out of their context to bend them into forming this false view that God is hateful, and that churches today preach just what it is they want to, while leaving out the bad. He is generating hatred toward Christians in general over the internet. I replied calmly to his messages toward me, but I admit I'm a bit concerned that he may start directing this hatred toward me or others inparticular because of my new ministry.

Of course, there is nothing to fear when God is on our side!, but please pray, especially for him and those who are blindly believing what he is teaching.

God Bless,
SS
What kind of threats? How did this person threaten you?

Upvote 0

Morrigu

Apr 12, 2008
Where am I? at 22, and seeking a goal for my life
✟15,358.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
opressedyk7vh3.gif

Upvote 0

Jinxxed

May 26, 2008
✟7,658.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
So persecution is someone telling a evangelizising Christian to shut it now?

Or to present other beliefs in opposition?

Seriously, if that is persecution then i've been persecuted by Christians since the day i was born.

Now, contradictions in the bible, we all know there are plenty, who cares? It's different accounts between John and Markus and the rest, i know that when i was in Afghanistan and asked two of my men to retell a fight in Bagram they told two very different stories because people are DIFFERENT.

This does prove one thing though, if inspired men wrote the bible, why would God inspire them to write different stories? In short, i'll explain it to you, the Bible is a collection of stories from men, they tried to keep the contradictions to a minimum but they do not achieve it completely.

The worst example is the KJV which is way behind on the actual translation from Hebrew, the NIV is a lot closer, but not quite there and yes, i do both read and speak Hebrew and Greek and i have read the Torah and the Greek versions of the new testament.

וֹם עֲלֵיכֶם

Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Expect it. It is you good you asked for prayers.

It is persecution, even if it's not on the same scale and type that people in other places endure. The severity of their suffering does not mean yours does not exist.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jinxxed

May 26, 2008
✟7,658.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Expect it. It is you good you asked for prayers.

It is persecution, even if it's not on the same scale and type that people in other places endure. The severity of their suffering does not mean yours does not exist.

How is it persecution? Net-stalking maybe but persecution?

Christ was persecuted, Jews have been persecuted in pretty much every country, especially in the US, Russia and Germany but someone saying something to you on youtube? No.

Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
That is not persecution, not even close. "Persecute" is defined by Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary as:

Main Entry: per·se·cute
Pronunciation: 'p&r-si-"kyüt
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): -cut·ed; -cut·ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French persecuter, back-formation from persecuteur persecutor, from Late Latin persecutor, from persequi to persecute, from Latin, to pursue, from per- through + sequi to follow -- more at [SIZE=-1]SUE[/SIZE]
1 : to harass or punish in a manner designed to injure, grieve, or afflict; specifically : to cause to suffer because of belief

The definition fits. It doesn't have to be extreme, state sanctioned, or done only off-line to be persecution. Cyber stalking would only be one form of persecution.

Upvote 0

Morrigu

Apr 12, 2008
✟15,358.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Main Entry: per·se·cute
Pronunciation: 'p&r-si-"kyüt
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): -cut·ed; -cut·ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French persecuter, back-formation from persecuteur persecutor, from Late Latin persecutor, from persequi to persecute, from Latin, to pursue, from per- through + sequi to follow -- more at [SIZE=-1]SUE[/SIZE]
1 : to harass or punish in a manner designed to injure, grieve, or afflict; specifically : to cause to suffer because of belief

The definition fits. It doesn't have to be extreme, state sanctioned, or done only off-line to be persecution. Cyber stalking would only be one form of persecution.

No darling, that is just the internet filled with jerks... from every side, country and creed.

If you think that persecution is some guy somewhere posting [wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth][wash my mouth] on the internet that will have no real effect, harm , or cause any real affliction to you in real life then you are wrong.

Then, if you think that people that doesn't believe the same as you is persecution then a news flash darling, the world is filled with people that will not agree with you. Doesn't mean they are all after you. The fact is, most of them don't give a **** for the bunch of you.

Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The problem is the impact is subjective. You may not see any real harm while the person being subjected to it certainly may....and your opinion is not the one that counts.

The recent case of cyber bullying that led to a teens suicide certainly diminishes your claim.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Morrigu

Apr 12, 2008
✟15,358.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The problem is the impact is subjective. You may not see any real harm while the person being subjected to it certainly may....and your opinion is not the one that counts.

AAAAAAAAAllright darling you got yourself into this one, and if you try to get out of it i will use this Quote:
The recent case of cyber bullying that led to a teens suicide certainly diminishes your claim.

To remind you of what you said.

So acording to THIS:

I could claim that there is a persecution towards homosexuals everywhere because of the amount of suicides that take place for hostile enviroments, something MUCH, MUCH worse than some ***hole posting on the internet and mostly caused by the close minded opinions of selfrighteous people..

i have seen in many christian forums and comments to denie or ignore the fact that their constant critizaicing and and attacks towards gays can contribute to create a hostile and harmful enviroment, and in some sad caseslead to suicide.

I will however refrain from making such statement of persecution. I know better and I'm aware that such thing does not happen in this side of the world. I have a clair view on what is a REAL persecution and what its consecuences are. Meaning THIS:
Just to clarify...

religious persecution looks like THIS
(Thanks LightHorseman for the visual aid)

There is no persecution of gays in THIS SIDE OF THE WORLD. However go to iran or egypt and say you are gay to a police oficer to see what real persecution is like.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Natural1

New Christian
May 20, 2008
Ohio, USA
✟7,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
There is no persecution of gays in THIS SIDE OF THE WORLD. However go to iran or egypt and say you are gay to a police oficer to see what real persecution is like.

There are plenty of countries in the West with anti-sodomy laws on the books which are strictly enforced, particularly in the Caribbean. Really, it's still only North American & EU countries who have become accepting of homosexuality, even in the 21st century.

Upvote 0

Morrigu

Apr 12, 2008
✟15,358.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
There are plenty of countries in the West with anti-sodomy laws on the books which are strictly enforced, particularly in the Caribbean. Really, it's still only North American & EU countries who have become accepting of homosexuality, even in the 21st century.

And most south american copuntries, and most of europe...

And, no, the first countries who became accepting of homosexuality were the ones that made gay marriage legal. But socialy it has been all over the world for a long time. And it would be unfair to pin it down to just one country sinse there are still issues in yours.
All i know is that i'm never going to Jamaica for a vacations

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.