Visit site
✟18,087.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Constitution
For the privacy of those involved I am not going to say who of course, but I recently recieved many threats from a man who is going across youtube preaching that God is hateful.

I just wanted to ask for your prayers and to give an example that even in a country such as America there is still persecution sometimes. I have recently begun my own online devotional ministry, I do not even have my website completely and online yet. And I have already been contacted multiple times by an individual who is not only taking verses out of context to form a false view of God and Christianity, but he is actually gaining a following of non-believers by doing so.

Please pray for this man and those who believe his lies. He pulls verses out of the Bible, mostly the Old Testiment, parts such as when the firstborn of every child was killed in Exodus, and when adultrers were stoned, etc., and pulls these verses out of their context to bend them into forming this false view that God is hateful, and that churches today preach just what it is they want to, while leaving out the bad. He is generating hatred toward Christians in general over the internet. I replied calmly to his messages toward me, but I admit I'm a bit concerned that he may start directing this hatred toward me or others inparticular because of my new ministry.

Of course, there is nothing to fear when God is on our side!, but please pray, especially for him and those who are blindly believing what he is teaching.

God Bless,
SS

""

Jul 8, 2005
✟27,472.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Praying for you :prayer:

Praying this scripture over yourself

No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD Isaiah 54:17

Upvote 0

Moriah_Conquering_Wind

Mar 6, 2006
✟34,174.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm sorry to disagree, but this is not persecution. It is not state sponsored, it is not state sanctioned, it has no legal power behind it to force you in any way. It is simply harrassment by an individual or a group of individuals, nothing more. Tell him/them (calmly) to stop, and if they refuse, consult an attorney and find out what your legal rights are in this situation.

But to say this is "persecution", IMO, undermines and diminishes the plight of those who have been subjected to the real thing in other countries. We have freedom of speech in the USA, and freedom of expression -- but NOT freedom to harrass. If this individual or his group is specifically targeting you, that is harrassment. However, they have every right to "preach" their message across YouTube or any other media outlet where it is legally permissible. Just because you disagree with their views does not mean their spreading of them constitutes "persecution" against you, me, or any other Christian. It is only "persecution" if it is deliberately targeted AND state-sanctioned or state-sponsored -- and this is neither, none of the above.

Upvote 0
Mar 8, 2007
✟15,142.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would second the lady before me's comment.

Is this response or retaliation?

We cannot be shocked by these things, since they are supposed to happen and were practically prophesied long before thier times. Much like political conspiracies draw attention away from Legitimate issues, the occasional loud-speaker gaining yet another cult of personality is meant to simply shock frustrated us. When Balance is lost, the mind floats, and we can be thwarted. Basic martial theory.

Upvote 0

IXOYE<><

May 4, 2005
United States
Visit site
✟8,179.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I wish the original poster nothing but success with his new ministry. However, I must agree with the people who say this is not real persecution. So many times in the United States, if a Christian gets so much as a cross eyed look from someone, they cry persecution. I would recommend thumbing through a few chapters of Foxes Book of Martyrs. Or look into what Christians face in other parts of the world.

Upvote 0

Ringo84

Separation of Church and State expert
Jul 31, 2006
A Cylon Basestar
Visit site
✟121,289.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Read this if you think Christians are not persecuted in America

They aren't.

For the privacy of those involved I am not going to say who of course, but I recently recieved many threats from a man who is going across youtube preaching that God is hateful.

Well, as much as I am sorry to hear that this man is acting hatefully towards you, I have to say that it's not persecution. At least not in the general, national sense (a case could be made that it'd dsicrimination against you yourself).

Persecution is when Christians are jailed or even killed for reading the Bible or being seen gathering for a church service. Nothing like that happens in this country, and thanks to the separation of church and state, it never will. So I take any claims of persecution with a big grain of salt.

Having said all that, I truly am sorry he is acting this way towards you. Has this person been threatening physical harm on you? If so, you might want to consider contacting youtube about it. They probably have rules against that sort of thing. I hope this stops.
Ringo

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SimonWalker

Apr 10, 2007
✟7,706.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I think you will find that you could cal it persecution, but a very minimal form of persecution. Unfortunately in Western society people use their "freedom of speech" to openly harass Christian. it is not fair. I think that you wil find that a lot of Christians have been abused, mocked, and ridiculed for their faith. I would say that yes it is persecution but a very limited version. Certainly not like the origional persecution of the first Christians

Upvote 0

Historygeek

Jan 2, 2007
Livingston MT
✟7,819.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I find it sadly ironic that christians are being persecuted for their beliefs in the U.S. by those very same people who claim to champion freedom of religion. People like the ACLU, who takes up the cause of every Muslim/ Hindu/ pagan/ cultist/whatever, whenever they have even the slightest beef with someone's Christmas decorations or Channukah menorah diplay, but if a Christian or a Jew dares to complain about his kids being blown up in the name of Allah the Merciful, then HE'S the intolerant S.O.B. who aught to be taken out and shot. Some people interpret "religious freedom" as a license to kick anyone who isn't like them, and then claim that they're practicing their faith. Sure, if your "faith" is in the god of hypocrites.
I read a story recently on Tonguetied.us about a Christian girl who got expelled from high school for wearing a cross as a sign of her faith, while at the same time, in the same school, Muslim students were openly wearing crescents, wiccan kids were wearing pentagrams, etc, in the name of religious expression, and it was OK. Is that a double standard, or what?

Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was persectured, as well, by an Incorporated company in the United States, Turbine Inc has openly declared

Specifically, a Game Master determined that you were recruiting for a Christian only kinship, even
after being warned that it was a violation of the code of conduct, and you continued to talk in OOC
after you were warned to cease the discussion.

Ticket here, with no response -->
http://turbine.fuzeqna.com/turbinesupport/consumer/clarify.asp?incidentID=%7B26B11059-ECA8-4415-A126-BEDBB7A0E0F4%7D

My prayers are with you SolitarySoul

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LovesTruth

May 22, 2006
✟2,092.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Is such recruiting allowed? Is the Game Master making up rules to fit his own anti-Christian bias? If so, it is still persecution.

FYI- Misguided school officials and police often make the same anti-faith bias errors... and it IS persecution. Same principle here I suspect.

Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is such recruiting allowed? Is the Game Master making up rules to fit his own anti-Christian bias? If so, it is still persecution.

FYI- Misguided school officials and police often make the same anti-faith bias errors... and it IS persecution. Same principle here I suspect.
Recruiting is allowed in the chat channel established there, and it is a public forum for paying subscibers to the service. I've seen religious recruiting in open conflict to my recruiting efforts for Christian members, in the form of 'satan recruiting', 'KKK recruiting', ect.. The legitimate forms of recruiting abounding there would include, 'over 21 years of age' Kinships and 'Family-based' Kinships.

It seems as tho the public has taken offense at my recruiting in what they deem as exclusivity, while it's really not the case at all! They take offense without inquiring as to the actuality of the Kinship recruiting I am [was] doing, and blaspheme as a means to show thier discontent, when in reality, no harm was intented..

I would like to insure, for future generations, that this CAN be a place where good Christian values can be exemplified and condoned within certain Kinships, or even the entire community there [as it that's gonna happen!-lol]. But I'm not quite sure as to how to go about that.

On the ticket [link provided in my previous post] I've explained to the company that the requirements for membership are indeed non-exclusive, provided the members behave themselves in a manner consisitant with Christian morals. [eg;be kind, no profanity, have fun]

I've yet to expound upon the fact that Worship is on a inspired, spontanious level.. These things [Worship and the edifying with Scripture] are rampant within a Christian Kinship [Praise God!] and most non-believers would not feel like they fit in. As well as the fact that members are FREE and WELCOME to post edifying materials based even loosly upon Scripture, to expound upon thier beliefs, to come and debate over issues in the Bible, to recant what God has revealed to them personally or in a corporate setting, ect, ect..

It's a Christian Kinship first and formost, and although peoples of various faiths are and would be welcomed, it's unlikely they would want to stay!

To say all this to a company who banned me with prejudice, believing I was recruiting in an exclusive style, while my recruitment message clearly indicated for people to contace me for MORE information is just sad!

To be asked to explain is one thing, but to be forced to explain under a gun is quite another :o

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

I just wanted to ask for your prayers and to give an example that even in a country such as America there is still persecution sometimes. I have recently begun my own online devotional ministry, I do not even have my website completely and online yet. And I have already been contacted multiple times by an individual who is not only taking verses out of context to form a false view of God and Christianity, but he is actually gaining a following of non-believers by doing so.

Please pray for this man and those who believe his lies. He pulls verses out of the Bible, mostly the Old Testiment, parts such as when the firstborn of every child was killed in Exodus, and when adultrers were stoned, etc., and pulls these verses out of their context to bend them into forming this false view that God is hateful, and that churches today preach just what it is they want to, while leaving out the bad. He is generating hatred toward Christians in general over the internet. I replied calmly to his messages toward me, but I admit I'm a bit concerned that he may start directing this hatred toward me or others inparticular because of my new ministry.

Of course, there is nothing to fear when God is on our side!, but please pray, especially for him and those who are blindly believing what he is teaching.

God Bless,
SS
That is not persecution, not even close. "Persecute" is defined by Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary as:
Main Entry: per·se·cute
Pronunciation: 'p&r-si-"kyüt
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): -cut·ed; -cut·ing
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French persecuter, back-formation from persecuteur persecutor, from Late Latin persecutor, from persequi to persecute, from Latin, to pursue, from per- through + sequi to follow -- more at [SIZE=-1]SUE[/SIZE]
1 : to harass or punish in a manner designed to injure, grieve, or afflict; specifically : to cause to suffer because of belief
If people's words are enough to cause you to suffer, then I highly suggest you seek therapy, because you must have low self-esteem.

Upvote 0

Zeena

..called to BE a Saint
Jul 30, 2004
✟16,853.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is not persecution, not even close. "Persecute" is defined by Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary as:

I would say that definition of persecution in Meriam's is flat out wrong, for it fails to identify the varying types of persecution, and simply lists belief as the only cause..

I would say the Dictionary.com definition more closely fits the bill -->
Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source
per·se·cu·tion –noun 1.the act of persecuting. 2.the state of being persecuted. 3.a program or campaign to exterminate, drive away, or subjugate a people because of their religion, race, or beliefs: the persecutions of Christians by the Romans.
And they HAVE said they do not allow Christian Kinships..

Turbine Customer Service Team said:
you were recruiting for a Christian only kinship, even
after being warned that it was a violation of the code of conduct
Which is fine with me, I won't play thier game.. But I'm SURE there are Christian remaining there who are fans of JRR Tolkens work who have yet to be enlightened as to the actual policies of the developers..

Ones who may be in for a rude awakening when [if] they too become banned.

If people's words are enough to cause you to suffer,
James 3:4-6
Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driven of fierce winds, yet are they turned about with a very small helm, whithersoever the governor listeth.
Even so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things. Behold, how great a matter a little fire kindleth! And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell.

Matthew 12:37
For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

then I highly suggest you seek therapy, because you must have low self-esteem.
I already have sought the Great Physician on this matter, and He comforts me by His Holy Spirit, who has said in mine ear;

Isaiah 22:4
Therefore said I, Look away from me; I will weep bitterly, labour not to comfort me, because of the spoiling of the daughter of my people.

Isaiah 40:1
Comfort ye, comfort ye my people, saith your God.

Isaiah 66:13
As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem.

Matthew 9:22
But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.

1 Corinthians 14:3
But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.
MeH! I could prolly go on FOREVER! I soo enjoy the subject of the comfort of the Lord!!! Just a ONE more, if you would.. :XD

2 Corinthians 1:3-5

Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort;Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God. For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.

No, I'm not gonna run from my cross, but embrace it! :XD
And share in the sufferings of my Lord! :clap:

Upvote 0

HannahBanana

Dec 11, 2006
Concord, MA
✟12,558.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I would say that definition of persecution in Meriam's is flat out wrong, for it fails to identify the varying types of persecution, and simply lists belief as the only cause..
So you are disagreeing with the foremost authorities in word definitions just because this one definition doesn't agree with you? Give me a break!
I would say the Dictionary.com definition more closely fits the bill
And since when is Dictionary.com even close to as trustworthy as Merriam-Webster's, in terms of having correct definitions?
No, I'm not gonna run from my cross, but embrace it! :XD
And share in the sufferings of my Lord! :clap:
You're not suffering, though. Why don't you understand that? The Holocaust victims suffered, as do the people currently living in Darfur, Africa. You are living a comfortable life in a house with a computer and don't have to worry about dying at all. That is not suffering.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.