Read The Bible Chronologically In 2013!!!

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The best growth and understanding you'll get is to read the bible in chronological order! I've done it and it's GREAT!!!

If you would like to do that here's a great site for it:

One Year Bible OnLine - Monthly Chronological Readings

On that site you can read through in one year and it has two methods:

1. Read the bible in one year normally with an OT, NT, Psalms and Proverbs daily.

2. Chronological reading - Where you read the scriptures in historical order.

Just go to the site, find which reading you wish to do, and the scriputure are right there when you click on the calendar day.

God's word is a lamp to our feet, and a light to our path! I hope you'll enjoy it!

Forge3

Forge
Aug 26, 2009
Toronto
✟13,441.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I have done that more than once and made reflection notes the second time. Probably time for me to do this again as it has been awhile. The problem in now when I read scipture I get an insight right away to reflect upon that stops me in my tracks and how I may enflesh it in my life. It would probably take me years to read the whole Bible now because of that lol. And when I read verses and am challenged I tend to want to grow to meet the challenge before I look for new insights, unless they help me toward the challenge. Not sure if I am making sense.

Upvote 0

ebedmelech

My dog Micah in the pic
Site Supporter
Jul 3, 2012
✟187,689.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I have done that more than once and made reflection notes the second time. Probably time for me to do this again as it has been awhile. The problem in now when I read scipture I get an insight right away to reflect upon that stops me in my tracks and how I may enflesh it in my life. It would probably take me years to read the whole Bible now because of that lol. And when I read verses and am challenged I tend to want to grow to meet the challenge before I look for new insights, unless they help me toward the challenge. Not sure if I am making sense.
You make sense! What I would encourage you to do is when you get "stopped in your tracks" by something write it down, finish your reading, and go back to whatever "stopped you in your tracks".

I've done it many times. Just recently I was reading Amos and came across a passage that "jumped out" at me. I finished the daily reading and went back to that portion later.

The point is that we're reading the word, giving God space to speak to us! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0