✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trust Christ to save.

Tell people the good news, then trust Christ. Testify about Christ and what He has done for You.

You and me are not the one who saves people.

But we can tell the Good News and show Christ in our own actions -- by love.

And if they truly believe, then they will want to hear Christ's Words, which continue to change them over time.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But he was talking to "insiders," who were already committed to following God, and were looking for the right way to do it.

So Jesus was talking to stupider people or sharper people?

Upvote 0

Jerri

Jun 26, 2014
✟17,255.00
Country
Kenya
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
First of all the body of Christ is getting it all wrong with this LGBT agenda esp in the western world. We get too emotional about calling out sin, this is the position unchangeable now, in the past or in even in the days to come the sexually immoral will not enter heaven. That remains non-negotiable, we can justify the way in which we found ourselves sinning either because we fell in love etc etc but the end is hell period.

When it comes to evangelizing you can take the route the body of Christ took towards Middle East and other nations that are closed to mission work. Pray to Jesus to appear to these lost souls in dreams and visions, Christ doing the evangelization in those dreams. Also pray that they are caught up in situations where Christ sends messengers to them be they angels, them suddenly developing interest in Christian programs etc. Many in Middle East have come to Christ after these kind of encounters. Your duty here will be mostly intercession so that heaven's resources are sent towards your friends and slowly by slowly you'll see them converting.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟160,762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hello! I have some gay friends and they know I am a Christian. I am sometimes afraid of the day that I talk about Jesus to them because they are used to the idea that homosexuality is normal and that it's terrible to be against people loving each other, so I wouldn't know how to address the situation. Could I get some advice, please?

If your friendship is contingent upon you not speaking the gospel too them, they are not your friends.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,152,895.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think some of you didn't understand what I am trying to say. What should I tell someone if that person is conflictive against the Bible because it is against "same-sex love"?

To help them, we must first get accurate. The Bible is not against "same sex love" -- and we can't allow that inaccurate wording to harm Christianity. In reality, we are all, all of us are instructed to "love one another". Accuracy is required if we want to do more good than harm, and also just generally following all of Christ's instructions. Sexual sins are clear and well defined, like adultery, including lust in the heart even, and also sodomy. None of those are 'same sex love' as if you are not supposed to love your brother. Don't accept this wrong wording.

For any of us, if we do not in fact love our brothers/sisters, then we need to repent, and begin to.

I mean it's very helpful to help them understand the actual scripture, and not just someone's prejudice that is not scripture. But the first and only message to everyone who isn't yet come to Christ is only the Good News, about Christ, and not anything else. So I'd suggest you say we are all commanded to love one another, and then go immediately to telling about Christ and the Good News.

Last edited:
Reactions: Not David
Upvote 0

Gell

Redeemed
Supporter
May 9, 2018
England
✟56,279.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I have one gay cousin, I will definitely pray for him. God has done so much in my family's life and I pray more that He will continue to do great things for them, in Jesus' name. :D

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,249,423.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Politics
US-Democrat
I'd say the first step is to do alot of listening to your friends and their stories. Nobody likes being preached to, it makes people feel belittled. But everybody appreciates a sincere listener. And many gay people in particular have been deeply wounded by the Church and will react reflexively to appeals to any kind of religious authority.

I'd recommend checking out Andrew Marin's books on the subject (particularly Love is an Orientation), since he has actually spent time ministering to gay people that are often hostile to the Christian message. Other people here may tell you answers that justify their own sense of righteousness at the expense of your Christian witness.

https://www.amazon.com/Love-Orientation-Elevating-Conversation-Community/dp/0830836268

If you mean “reaching out” seriously, you might not want to concentrate so much on what you’re going to say as on listening.

Indeed. Good listeners are rare now days. That's one reason that people go to psychologists, because most of society has forgotten how to listen. Or perhaps they never had it in the first place. I don't think Christians always cultivate a mindset that is good at listening to other people.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gell

Redeemed
Supporter
May 9, 2018
England
✟56,279.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I’m currently reading a book titled “Life Together”. It defines human vs spiritual (Christ love). The latter shows a love that serves through Christ alone, not by any human desires or ulterior motives. It might be one that could be difficult to achieve on our own but through asking the Lord to search our heart and give us one that is pure, I truly believe that He will grant us what we ask of Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shadowkat

Jun 28, 2018
Georgia
✟23,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello David,
I know that this thread is a little old, but I believe your question is: important; relevant in our day; as well as extremely difficult and sensitive. Also, although I agree with much of the content in the replies, I didn't see alot of situational help in there. If you wouldn't mind, I'd like to weigh in on this.

First: the goal here is not to rid the world of a few more homosexuals. The goal is to see that everyone has an oportunity to hear, and see, the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and most importantly to come to a point of decision about Christ. I wrote this part to establish focus not because you don't already know it.

Second: most Christians will tell you that they are against homosexuality because the Bible says that it is inappropriate and abhorrent. I believe that the important part is not what Christians in general believe or what you believe; but rather, what the Bible indicates. Again, I'm sure that it is common knowledge that the Bible is our source of inspiration. What I suggest is that when the issue of homosexuality comes up in dealing with the homosexual, the response should never be a declaration of what you believe because they will argue with YOU. Instead, it should be a declaration of what the Bible indicates because they already know they can't argue with GOD (unless they want a smack). The idea here is to set aside the specific issue of homosexuality in lieu of the broader issue of sin in general, and Christ's forgiveness for those who will believe in Him and follow Him. In the past, I have had lengthy discussions with homosexuals about Christianity. The trick is to be nonconfrontational about the issue yet uncompromising about Biblical standard. It isn't easy. When in doubt, I would say something like, "Well, this is what my Bible says and I'm just followin' this Jesus guy." Crouch behind the Bible and let their bullets bounce off of it, metaphorically speaking.

For everything else, not concerning the issue of homosexuality, I would let them see that being a Christian works and how it works in your life, showing compassion, overcoming evil with good. However, do not ever ever ever lie about what you believe; they are watching for it; they'll see it coming a mile out, and it will ruin everything. If your friends are still your friends after having learned that you are a Christian, then I think you have an opportunity to share Christ. Just don't forget your shield: the Bible.

Please excuse me; I see things in the martial, in terms of war. Homosexuality as a concept has become a choke point with a high stone wall set against us in our efforts to spread the Gospel, a wall of politics and social mores. Such walls cannot be broken down with a frontal assault. I propose that we must tunnel under their defenses to pop up inside their stronghold with Bible in hand, a loving smile, and "Jesus Saves" painted across our chests. The rich man in the parable with Lazarus found himself in hell and tormented. whether you think the parable is true or just a story, at the time of Jesus' oration there were men like that rich man tormented in hell. In the last 2000 years their situation hasn't changed. Whether a man's sin be homosexuality, or murder, or adultry; How much is too much effort to keep them from burning for the next 2000 years? Sometimes the war for souls is difficult and uncomfortable. Who really is not worth the effort?
At least, this is how I see it.

Upvote 0

RRep

Jul 24, 2018
bc
✟8,502.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
You defense then against forbidden is to elevate the whole church to the same level as forbidden sexual immorality? You declare the whole church as unrighteous to justify unrighteousness.
I think you are mistaken. -Repentance is part of the salvation process.
There must be a distinction between the righteous and unrighteous in Gods eyes as I read Jesus's words to the 7 churches and Paul's words and 1John. And Gods word through out scripture.
Zaccheaus is someone who repented and had a change of heart to do the right and reject the wrong. And He believed in Jesus. Jesus stated that was a true sign of salvation. A good tree doesn't bare bad fruit.
Repent=Matineo(greek) for a change of mind

Upvote 0

RRep

Jul 24, 2018
bc
✟8,502.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The only think you can state about me with truth is "you don't know me" and thats what you see. You are posting to everyone that states what you seem to dislike is that they are sinners. Hence you elevate the church to unrighteous to justify unrighteousness. And God makes a distinction between the righteous and unrighteous. I didn't ask for you to justify me. And I am quite comfortable in my relationship with Jesus and my future outlook.

Yes we believe Jesus is the judge of the living and the dead and those who continue in the acts in question can expect judgment from Him.
what happened to He forgives past present and future sinÉ

Upvote 0

RRep

Jul 24, 2018
bc
✟8,502.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Upvote 0

RRep

Jul 24, 2018
bc
✟8,502.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
The

The wages of sin is death. People are judged according to what they have done. The guilt is removed for those in Christ. A good tree doesn't bare bad fruit.
Therefore those who continue to sin and say they can see their guilt remains. We are not free to sin and those who continue to sin after coming to the knowledge of the truth should expect judgment.

Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.

Forgivness and mercy - yes but "leave your life of sin behind"

"No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you,"Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, "See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you."
no we are forgiven to the end of time past present and future. lots of do-gooders in hell my friend. we are free to do the right thing but are flesh still gets in the way. we may lose crowns or are self-guilt will nag us in heaven. Believers go to the Bema Seat of Christ not the GREAT WHITE THONE JUDGMENT

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RRep

Jul 24, 2018
bc
✟8,502.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
First of all the body of Christ is getting it all wrong with this LGBT agenda esp in the western world. We get too emotional about calling out sin, this is the position unchangeable now, in the past or in even in the days to come the sexually immoral will not enter heaven. That remains non-negotiable, we can justify the way in which we found ourselves sinning either because we fell in love etc etc but the end is hell period.

When it comes to evangelizing you can take the route the body of Christ took towards Middle East and other nations that are closed to mission work. Pray to Jesus to appear to these lost souls in dreams and visions, Christ doing the evangelization in those dreams. Also pray that they are caught up in situations where Christ sends messengers to them be they angels, them suddenly developing interest in Christian programs etc. Many in Middle East have come to Christ after these kind of encounters. Your duty here will be mostly intercession so that heaven's resources are sent towards your friends and slowly by slowly you'll see them converting.
NO sin will enter heaven because Jesus cloaks us in His righteousness.

Upvote 0

RRep

Jul 24, 2018
bc
✟8,502.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
To help them, we must first get accurate. The Bible is not against "same sex love" -- and we can't allow that inaccurate wording to harm Christianity. In reality, we are all, all of us are instructed to "love one another". Accuracy is required if we want to do more good than harm, and also just generally following all of Christ's instructions. Sexual sins are clear and well defined, like adultery, including lust in the heart even, and also sodomy. None of those are 'same sex love' as if you are not supposed to love your brother. Don't accept this wrong wording.

For any of us, if we do not in fact love our brothers/sisters, then we need to repent, and begin to.

I mean it's very helpful to help them understand the actual scripture, and not just someone's prejudice that is not scripture. But the first and only message to everyone who isn't yet come to Christ is only the Good News, about Christ, and not anything else. So I'd suggest you say we are all commanded to love one another, and then go immediately to telling about Christ and the Good News.
how do you deal with Jesus said I have not come to bring peace but a sword of truth?
repent means to change your mind. people use it to mean confess sin.
love brothers and sisters is meant towards the believers
love your neighbor as your self. Since you are saved love the neighbor enough to give them the gospel 1 cor 15: 1-4

Upvote 0

RRep

Jul 24, 2018
bc
✟8,502.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'd say the first step is to do alot of listening to your friends and their stories. Nobody likes being preached to, it makes people feel belittled. But everybody appreciates a sincere listener. And many gay people in particular have been deeply wounded by the Church and will react reflexively to appeals to any kind of religious authority.

I'd recommend checking out Andrew Marin's books on the subject (particularly Love is an Orientation), since he has actually spent time ministering to gay people that are often hostile to the Christian message. Other people here may tell you answers that justify their own sense of righteousness at the expense of your Christian witness.

https://www.amazon.com/Love-Orientation-Elevating-Conversation-Community/dp/0830836268

Indeed. Good listeners are rare now days. That's one reason that people go to psychologists, because most of society has forgotten how to listen. Or perhaps they never had it in the first place. I don't think Christians always cultivate a mindset that is good at listening to other people.
ask them if they have ever lied then go through the 9 Commandment let them judge themselves if they are good enough to go to heaven without a Savior.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,918.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
you can ask them if they have ever lied thieved and go down the 10 commandments list and if they tell you they have broken one. now you have power.

While reading the commandments you should notice that
many apply to you, and that realization is very powerful.

Upvote 0