Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Excellent! So you get my message about judging others!
Thanks for the feedback. Once it sinks in that I cannot
judge you based on your outward appearances...in time...
you will understand that the same applies to everyone
who thinks they can see sin in others.

We can't see sin any more than we can see repentance.

What Does the Bible Say About Judging Others?
My answer "if asked" hasn't changed. We can know/see if someone admits to the acts in question.
Your salvation to work out is between you and the Lord as is mine.
Randy

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
My answer "if asked" hasn't changed. We can know/see if someone admits to the acts in question.
Your salvation to work out is between you and the Lord as is mine.
Randy

What a person might say to you does not change reality.
You have no insights into a person heart to judge a sin.
You can talk about your relationship with Jesus
and kill your spouse as you say it. We cannot judge others.

What Does the Bible Say About Judging Others? - OpenBible.info

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What a person might say to you does not change reality.
You have no insights into a person heart to judge a sin.
Hence we have guidance from the scriptures for a judgment "asked". According to all that I can read in scripture about the acts in question they are forbidden. I make no judgments but my answer is a honest one on what I see in scripture or the source of my understanding. If I stated otherwise then I would be lying. Do you want truth that makes you feel better or a lie? As I stated, Jesus is the judge not Me and I add nothing is hidden from Him.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Excellent! So you get my message about judging others!
Thanks for the feedback. Once it sinks in that I cannot
judge you based on your outward appearances...in time...
you will understand that the same applies to everyone
who thinks they can see sin in others.

We can't see sin any more than we can see repentance.

What Does the Bible Say About Judging Others?

Useful point. Sometimes we can see such things, if it's done clearly right in front of us, but mostly we don't see such, and cannot, and should not be guessing at other's sins, but searching for our own to confess.

That's a very useful link also, to have all the verses we need about judging together.

These instructions from Christ (in the link) are part of what all Christians must strive to follow, and repent when we fail, and try again, so that we continue walking on the path He set for us.

Upvote 0

Heart2Soul

Site Supporter
Sep 25, 2017
Tulsa
✟158,650.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I do have a personal experience to share.....I went to this church and the kids there became my friends....years later I ran into on of them who was the brother of my "boyfriend" from that church...we got to talking for quite some time...then finally he shared with me that he was gay (I kind of could already see that)....and was gay from childhood....went to church his whole life, loved God, believed in the preaching of salvation through Christ, was saved and baptized......but when he came out of the closet all those who loved him turned their back on him and had nothing more to do with him....He said this hurt a lot....then he asked me if I thought he was going to go to hell because he was gay.................................................................................long thought before I answered......................then I said....I am not your judge and I cannot say whether you will or won't....I do know that I am guilty of sexual lusts in my flesh as well, I have repented and been forgiven...but is that all that a gay person is about is sexual lust? No....it isn't....however I do believe it is a spirit that has them bound up in a deception that keeps them hindered. I also have family members who are gay....I don't understand it but I do pray for them as I also pray for my own weaknesses in the flesh.
The whole point of the matter is that we should hate sin but not the sinner.....pray for them and love them.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,067.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do have a personal experience to share.....I went to this church and the kids there became my friends....years later I ran into on of them who was the brother of my "boyfriend" from that church...we got to talking for quite some time...then finally he shared with me that he was gay (I kind of could already see that)....and was gay from childhood....went to church his whole life, loved God, believed in the preaching of salvation through Christ, was saved and baptized......but when he came out of the closet all those who loved him turned their back on him and had nothing more to do with him....He said this hurt a lot....then he asked me if I thought he was going to go to hell because he was gay.................................................................................long thought before I answered......................then I said....I am not your judge and I cannot say whether you will or won't....I do know that I am guilty of sexual lusts in my flesh as well, I have repented and been forgiven...but is that all that a gay person is about is sexual lust? No....it isn't....however I do believe it is a spirit that has them bound up in a deception that keeps them hindered. I also have family members who are gay....I don't understand it but I do pray for them as I also pray for my own weaknesses in the flesh.
The whole point of the matter is that we should hate sin but not the sinner.....pray for them and love them.

Yeah. If we went to hell only because we had a sinful nature to begin with, then all would be damned. The reality of stumbling is a fact of our imperfect actual lives, where we are being changed over time. It's only flaunted sin that needs confronting, and then sin in general (but not singling out someone to attack of course). It's by faith in Christ that anyone could even be redeemed, even though we have been sinful by nature to begin with. I'm not convinced that the temperament is itself something that needs changing. Rather it's what we all do with our temperaments, the sins we all do, which need changing. For example, a 'gay' but continent (having no sodomy) relationship isn't doing sexual sin (unless there is lust in the heart). It's truly beyond our competence to judge other people's hearts also, because we lack omniscient ability to know someone's heart perfectly, or continually. In general we understand that all the people in the church have sinned, and most in the last week even such as a sin of omission, the deadly sin of not loving someone for instance, and we are working to bring more people to rely on Christ and confess and be changed. By Him, not by us. It's actually the people in the church that are judging wrongly and not loving that could be in the most danger of all.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Heart2Soul
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hence we have guidance from the scriptures for a judgment "asked". According to all that I can read in scripture about the acts in question they are forbidden. I make no judgments but my answer is a honest one on what I see in scripture or the source of my understanding. If I stated otherwise then I would be lying. Do you want truth that makes you feel better or a lie? As I stated, Jesus is the judge not Me and I add nothing is hidden from Him.

The acts in question remain in question at all times for humans.
Sin is a contract written on the heart between man and God.
You can only judge your own sin and not that of others.

Reactions: Heart2Soul
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What would Jesus do?
He would tell them the truth according to Scripture and move on.
There's others that need to hear the Word of God.
If you choose to serve God first, you won't have time for them.

Jesus made a strong point of correcting what people had thought they read in scripture.

Matthew 5:32 But I tell you ...
Matthew 5:44 But I tell you, love your enemies ..
Matthew 5:28 But I tell you that anyone who looks..
Matthew 5:34 But I tell you, do not swear an oath at all: .
Matthew 5:22 But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a ...

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Its a lot easier to state its ok but that would be a lie. Who told them they were born that way?

Further research suggests that children’s concept of gender develops gradually between the ages of three and five. After the age of five, most children believe that outward changes in clothing or hairstyle don’t constitute a change in gender.

Once children begin to think about gender as a stable trait, they also start to incorporate gender into their own identity.

Around that time, they become motivated to relate to other members of their group and seek out gender-related information, often becoming very strict about adhering to gender stereotypes. For example, children between the ages of three and five prefer to play with members of their own gender. And they also prefer to engage with gender-stereotyped toys and activities.

It isn’t until a few years later – when they are between seven and 10 years of age – that children become more relaxed about maintaining behaviors that are strictly male or female. It is around that age, for example, when both boys and girls might admit that they “like to play with trucks” or “like to play with dolls.”
When do children develop their gender identity?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
If you mean “reaching out” seriously, you might not want to concentrate so much on what you’re going to say as on listening.

I really think the best thing you can do, both for people’s opinion of Christianity, and for maybe helping someone see that they should consider it, is to ignore homosexuality and talk about your own positive experiences as a Christian. Similarly, I think you should listen to them, even if they describe experiences where Christians have hurt them.

Paul was very clear that we have no call to judge those outside the Church. As far as we can tell from Acts and his letters, he didn’t start talking to pagans about the evils of Roman ethics, but about Christ. At least in one case he tried to connect it with longings that they had already.

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So those enemies received eternal life? Not if they continued to sin as God can't be mocked.
As I stated treat people like you want to be treated.
You forgot this part "Go and sin no more"

The sexual immoral don't inherit eternal life.
"If asked" my answer hasn't changed nor do you have authority to give life and forgive sin as you seem to do here. As your posts strongly suggest. There are eternal consequences at stake. I would think people who want to know the truth would be going to Jesus for judgment. Though I bet they like your answers.

None of the scriptures you post condones sin. Nor does trying to elevate the church as unrighteous justify willful unrightouesness.

Can you post one scripture thats states the acts in question are lawful?

I have no need or desire to correct people. Thats why I keep stating "if asked".

You seem to have made up your mind that such acts are lawful and do not lead to death. But you are not the judge. Jesus is.

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Further research suggests that children’s concept of gender develops gradually between the ages of three and five. After the age of five, most children believe that outward changes in clothing or hairstyle don’t constitute a change in gender.

Once children begin to think about gender as a stable trait, they also start to incorporate gender into their own identity.

Around that time, they become motivated to relate to other members of their group and seek out gender-related information, often becoming very strict about adhering to gender stereotypes. For example, children between the ages of three and five prefer to play with members of their own gender. And they also prefer to engage with gender-stereotyped toys and activities.

It isn’t until a few years later – when they are between seven and 10 years of age – that children become more relaxed about maintaining behaviors that are strictly male or female. It is around that age, for example, when both boys and girls might admit that they “like to play with trucks” or “like to play with dolls.”
When do children develop their gender identity?
Its not the Spirit of God that leads the young into sin. But they follow another spirit. The one who leads the whole world astray.

Haven't you read in the beginning the creator made them male and female. Further research won't help them when they come before the one who judges. Those that say they can see their guilt remains.

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you mean “reaching out” seriously, you might not want to concentrate so much on what you’re going to say as on listening.

I really think the best thing you can do, both for people’s opinion of Christianity, and for maybe helping someone see that they should consider it, is to ignore homosexuality and talk about your own positive experiences as a Christian. Similarly, I think you should listen to them, even if they describe experiences where Christians have hurt them.

Paul was very clear that we have no call to judge those outside the Church. As far as we can tell from Acts and his letters, he didn’t start talking to pagans about the evils of Roman ethics, but about Christ. At least in one case he tried to connect it with longings that they had already.
What about those inside the church? Or what answer would you give if asked?

Upvote 0

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
What about those inside the church? Or what answer would you give if asked?
In my church, gays are considered normal. That's a disagreement we're not going to be able to get rid of. It's also one I'm willing to talk about (though according to the rules, not in this forum).

But when dealing with non-Christians, I think we should emphasize the core of Christianity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hedrick

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Feb 8, 2009
New Jersey
✟1,148,608.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus made a strong point of correcting what people had thought they read in scripture.
But he was talking to "insiders," who were already committed to following God, and were looking for the right way to do it.

Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In my church, gays are considered normal. That's a disagreement we're not going to be able to get rid of. It's also one I'm willing to talk about (though according to the rules, not in this forum).

But when dealing with non-Christians, I think we should emphasize the core of Christianity.
In regard to authority

It seemed good to the Holy Spirit and to us not to burden you with anything beyond the following requirements: 29 You are to abstain from food sacrificed to idols, from blood, from the meat of strangled animals and from sexual immorality. You will do well to avoid these things.

Farewell.

I would state forbidden sex acts qualify as sexual immorality.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Don't make the mistake of pretending their sin is worse than yours.
Not saying that their sins are worse than theirs, but I know that what I do is wrong and the society has made it seen that homosexual relationships are out of love, and that is evil to say other stuff.

• Agree
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I'm sure there are thousands of people you have not
talked about Jesus to. Just include these friends on that list.
If they ask based on your "glow of Jesus"
then they will be impressed with your answer.
If you tell them they are going to hell based on your religion,
this will not impress them as much considering we all deserve to.
I agree people go to hell because they refuse to get the gift of salvation offered by God.

Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0

Randy777

Oct 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟91,969.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I agree people go to hell because they refuse to get the gift of salvation offered by God.
The

The wages of sin is death. People are judged according to what they have done. The guilt is removed for those in Christ. A good tree doesn't bare bad fruit.
Therefore those who continue to sin and say they can see their guilt remains. We are not free to sin and those who continue to sin after coming to the knowledge of the truth should expect judgment.

Jesus said, "If you were blind, you would not be guilty of sin; but now that you claim you can see, your guilt remains.

Forgivness and mercy - yes but "leave your life of sin behind"

"No one, sir," she said. "Then neither do I condemn you,"Jesus declared. "Go now and leave your life of sin."

Later Jesus found him at the temple and said to him, "See, you are well again. Stop sinning or something worse may happen to you."

• Useful
Reactions: Halbhh
Upvote 0