RE: What browser do you use and Why?

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟415,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Hey all,
Just curious as to what web browser y'all use and why? I use Safari for macOS Catalina because of its easy navigation and quickness of loading websites. Tell me what browser you use and why you use it! GO!

JesseBassett

Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Visit site
✟415,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That is a good browser...but since I am on MacOS, I try not to put Microsoft stuff on here. Now minus MS Office of course. Other than that, my Macs are MS free. :)

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,224,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Hey all,
Just curious as to what web browser y'all use and why? I use Safari for macOS Catalina because of its easy navigation and quickness of loading websites. Tell me what browser you use and why you use it! GO!
Brave, but also Opera, Chrome, and sometimes Edge. I experimented with Vivaldi but just don't use it much anymore.

Upvote 0

peaceful-forest

Nov 5, 2022
-
✟63,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
On the desktop I use Brave a lot of the times, but there are times when I have to use Firefox because a website doesn't work right in Brave (for example, shopping).

I use Brave because of the security features. I used to be a big Firefox fan until I ran a privacy test on the browser on my phone and found that it failed the fingerprint portion of the test (here's the test if you all want to try it on your browsers: Cover Your Tracks)

On my phone, I only have Brave and use Brave; I uninstalled Firefox after I found out about the fingerprint issue from that test.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟910,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Personally I never liked Opera. Its too much in one web browser.

I like Opera GX because it has gaming in mind. I can set how much bandwidth my browser uses and how much memory...etc There's a lot of new features in the browser. It's a good browser but like you said might have too many features for the average user.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pop D.

Sep 23, 2020
Oklahoma
✟158,833.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
At present I use Pale Moon as my main, locked down browser and Waterfox as my more "open" browser for when a site won't work on Moon. Well, actually I keep it pretty locked down too but I do have cookies enabled on it (though with a cookie auto-delete add-on) which usually works.

I do experiment with new browsers fairly often. In fact at the moment I'm trying out Basilisk, seems promising so far.

• Informative
Reactions: linux.poet
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,224,061.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Hey all,
Does anyone use iCAB? I loved it back when I had early Macs.

Upvote 0

Daniel9v9

Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
London
Visit site
✟394,138.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I've been using Opera on PC for the last 15-20 years or so. It's a decent browser, but it's mostly out of personal preference and familiarity at this point. On my Apple devices, I just roll with the default browser.

Upvote 0

timothyu

Dec 31, 2018
up there
✟303,917.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Went over 26 yrs from Explorer (maybe a day) to Netscape then Firefox then onto Opera but now BRAVE as it removes ads, blocks tracking (there are 11 trackers on this page alone at the moment) and does not record searches. It is not top heavy like the rest became.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Aussie Pete

Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,030.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hey all,
Firefox because its not google or microsoft and ghostery as an ad blocker. It's not perfect but good enough.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have used Vivaldi for 7 yrs and still love it; it just has so many neat features. From the set-up being a video; to having a built-in ad blocker. It has one of the best screen shot applications I have ever seen in 28 years of using every browser made..

Because Edge is part of windows; I am forced to use it sometimes; especially in Win 11; Microsoft is pushing it more then ever.
Edge works OK; it just puts out MS news too much; and it's not good news but the worst tabloid junk available.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Serendipitous Waffle

Jul 18, 2023
Viken
✟54,902.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
A few years ago, I was a huge fan of Firefox. Ditched that a year ago for Opera. Ditched that a few months ago for the Brave browser. Brave is pretty good in my opinion, privacy orientated and allows you to use add-ons from Google Chrome.

Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Visit site
✟415,079.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I use Edge because a son works for its parent company and not doing so could result in an awkward Thanksgiving dinner.
I have used Edge but ever since Microsoft embraced AI (artificial intelligence) with Edge I switched back to Chrome.

Upvote 0