traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Today, I was thinking of ways to continue having church during this time of crisis. I would not consider cancelling a good option. I would think long and hard too of holding a church service as some still do in the states that allow this. Loving your neighbor should include not spreading COV-19 and some church services surely will do this. Fortunately, live services on the internet are a great options. I would hope too that churches who have this technical ability would share their services or offer some access to those without. Another more interesting workaround might be to use your parking lot or even rent a drive-in movie theater and have no contact services. I think we could fill the drive-ins all across America. It is a model that some already have had success with for years. Recently there is a surge of such services Church at the drive-in: How one Pa. religious community is adapting to the coronavirus If your state would not allow this, then I would lobby or consider legal options unless they can prove this too would be a risk. Another option would be to have something like an "open house," where from such and such time, people could drop by the church, one family at a time and take communion, or have prayer. Perhaps with a scheduled time or one a first come basis with others waiting in their cars. Anyway, please post if you have other ideas on what might help others re-imagine their church duties in these trying times.

• Winner
Reactions: The Liturgist

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Today, I was thinking of ways to continue having church during this time of crisis. I would not consider cancelling a good option. I would think long and hard too of holding a church service as some still do in the states that allow this. Loving your neighbor should include not spreading COV-19 and some church services surely will do this. Fortunately, live services on the internet are a great options. I would hope too that churches who have this technical ability would share their services or offer some access to those without. Another more interesting workaround might be to use your parking lot or even rent a drive-in movie theater and have no contact services. I think we could fill the drive-ins all across America. It is a model that some already have had success with for years. Recently there is a surge of such services Church at the drive-in: How one Pa. religious community is adapting to the coronavirus If your state would not allow this, then I would lobby or consider legal options unless they can prove this too would be a risk. Another option would be to have something like an "open house," where from such and such time, people could drop by the church, one family at a time and take communion, or have prayer. Perhaps with a scheduled time or one a first come basis with others waiting in their cars. Anyway, please post if you have other ideas on what might help others re-imagine their church duties in these trying times.
Dozens of church members are infected and two are dead:

A Washington state choir decided to go ahead with rehearsal. Now dozens of members have COVID-19 and two are dead.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟474,706.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

These are all better ideas than the cancellation of church services at the caprice of civil authorities. We need more church services and not less.

Upvote 0