Rarely go to church due to Hypocrisy in the church, even though I am a Christian

Pope66

Dec 5, 2018
Sydney
✟33,699.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
True, Christians are not to judge sinners, we are to pray for them, and show them God's love, and yes not kick them out of home. But we are also not to keep ideas that are not God's. God's word is clear that homosexuality is a sign of a person deviating away from God's ways. It is a choice.

Rom 1:21-27 because that, knowing God, they glorified him not as God, neither gave thanks; but became vain in their reasonings, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God for the likeness of an image of corruptible man, and of birds, and four-footed beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts unto uncleanness, that their bodies should be dishonored among themselves: for that they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshipped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile passions: for their women changed the natural use into that which is against nature: and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another, men with men working unseemliness, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was due. And even as they refused to have God in their knowledge, God gave them up unto a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not fitting;
As I stated before people are unable to choose who they are attracted to. But they do have a choice what to do with it. God knows peoples hearts.

We live in a changing world. Gays are now out the closet and can marry. That could not have been imagined 60 years ago, however 60 years ago it was illegal for a white person to marry a person of color in parts of the country. Even with those examples it is a very messy world and always have been.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟472,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
You dont go to church to please others or if in disagreement with their views! No!

You go because of your love of God. Nothing else.

If you are concerned about others then you are not in tune with God. God should be your focus. Nothing else.

I don’t think that is quite right, because in addition to loving God with all our mind and soul, we are also commanded to love our neighbor as ourself, and Church needs to be a loving, nurturing environment of spiritual healing.

Upvote 0

Woke

Site Supporter
Oct 8, 2019
California
✟38,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I rarely go to church these days and it has been over 2 years since I used to go to church every Sunday. I used to really love church but really put off with the hypocrisy, arrogance and judgmental behavior of many, miany Christians out there. I am still hurt to this day due to this.

I am also so over the US vs them mentality of Christians, and seeing unbelievers, or people with different cultures as the enemy. I do not believe those that are not Christian, and being gay, atheist, liberals or Muslim are the enemy, or if they are a different race, they are inferior.

People who are gay did not choose their sexuality and if you asked them at one point in their life especially when growing up they wish they were straight, and I am sure many people out there have become atheists have became that way on the hypocrisy the judgmental behaviour of Christians they encounter. BTW Muslim people were born into the faith because their community and family are Muslims and a vast majority of Muslims are not terrorists.

Jesus loves not just Christians but all unbelievers. I am so sick of people of faith mock and condemn gays, atheists, Muslims and Liberals because they do not share their worldview. That is not showing love to them by mock or condemn people. I usually prefer my Sunday's not going to church. I of course read the bible every day, regularly pray and even listen to sermons on TV and online.

Is it wrong with that not wanting to go to church but still a Christian? Can you be a Christian and still not wanting to go to Church?
Worshiping God is not like painting with paint by the numbers. The scripture is written not to forsake gathering together, but all scriptural directions are to be applied by you using your power of reason while considering the circumstances you are in. No one who understands that here should advise you to meet regularly with any specific group of people. God's prophets did not always do so in formalized worship.

The words that translate to church have two meanings. One is gathering of people, a congregation. The other meaning speaks to the group Christ gives heavenly access to rule with him over the earth. You don't know for sure who are in this second group. You might know you are, but that's about all you can know about this second group's membership as only Christ picks these people.

As for the meeting together, my suggestion is that you DO NOT REGULARLY MEET FOR WORSHIP WITH ANY GROUP OF PEOPLE THAT CONSISTENTLY MAKES YOU UNCOMFORTABLE. Doing so is probably the main reason Christians lose faith in God. Many who do become atheists.

Commenting online like you are is a form of gathering together as some of us are part of Christ's church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob Carabbio

Old guy -
Dec 22, 2010
Glenn Hts. TX
✟35,309.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Something wise my pastor said who was in such a church. It all starts with self examination. He said “maybe we are the problem.”

That's essentially the message of Romans 2:1-5 - i.e "The person YOU think is the "Problem" isn't the problem - YOU are the problem".

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
How did the ones Jesus in person talked to react ?
They 'examined' what Jesus said, Who Jesus IS, and were convicted by Yahuweh's Spirit,

not so much self, not self - examination, which had gotten them no place before meeting Jesus.

LOOK TO JESUS - He Is The Healer of our souls, our Savior, Saving us and others FROM THEIR SINS.

No one when talking with Jesus was excused for their approval of homosexuality, nor any other sin.
They were either convicted, had Godly Sorrow, and repented,
or they left Jesus - they walked away from Him so they could continue in their sin -
"The LIGHT (JESUS) CAME INTO THE WORLD, and the world hated the light, BECAUSE their lives were evil"

As I stated before people are unable to choose who they are attracted to. But they do have a choice what to do with it. God knows peoples hearts.

We live in a changing world. Gays are now out the closet and can marry. That could not have been imagined 60 years ago, however 60 years ago it was illegal for a white person to marry a person of color in parts of the country. Even with those examples it is a very messy world and always have been.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How did the ones Jesus in person talked to react ?
They 'examined' what Jesus said, Who Jesus IS, and were convicted by Yahuweh's Spirit,

not so much self, not self - examination, which had gotten them no place before meeting Jesus.

LOOK TO JESUS - He Is The Healer of our souls, our Savior, Saving us and others FROM THEIR SINS.

No one when talking with Jesus was excused for their approval of homosexuality, nor any other sin.
They were either convicted, had Godly Sorrow, and repented,
or they left Jesus - they walked away from Him so they could continue in their sin -
"The LIGHT (JESUS) CAME INTO THE WORLD, and the world hated the light, BECAUSE their lives were evil"
You completely missed what I was advising. Also, we are not to debate each other's comments on the Advice section. Just saying..

Upvote 0

OneOfTheMasters

Dec 6, 2019
Alabama
✟114,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We can be going with God or going against God!

We are to love God with all our being,and love our neighbor as ourself!

We have a great commission given unto us,feed the hungry,visit the widows and orphans,take the word to those in prisions,preach the gospel to ALL nations!

Be instant in season and out,reprove,rebuke,exhort with all longsuffering!

Acts2:46 And they CONTINUING DAILY with ONE ACCORD in the temple,and breaking bread from house to house,did eat their meat with gladness and SINGLENESS of heart,
Phil.2:2 FULFIL YE MY JOY,THAT YE BE LIKE MINDED,HAVING THE SAME LOVE,BEING OF ONE ACCORD,OF ONE MIND.

Every one of us that claim to be born again followers of Jesus must examine ourselves daily and stay on the path that leads to His righteousness,assembling together,for there is strength in numbers where faith is gathered!

• Winner
Reactions: Pope66
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I rarely go to church these days and it has been over 2 years since I used to go to church every Sunday. I used to really love church but really put off with the hypocrisy, arrogance and judgmental behavior of many, many Christians out there.

Do you really think that you're so much better than the average Christian? If so, read what C.S. Lewis has to say about that in The Screwtape Letters.

And listening to what you say, your opinions are pretty much those of the Uniting Church, so what stops you going there?

60 years ago it was illegal for a white person to marry a person of color in parts of the country

In Australia? Are you sure? I'm very doubtful.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟688,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I rarely go to church these days and it has been over 2 years since I used to go to church every Sunday. I used to really love church but really put off with the hypocrisy, arrogance and judgmental behavior of many, many Christians out there. I am still hurt to this day due to this.

I am also so over the US vs them mentality of Christians, and seeing unbelievers, or people with different cultures as the enemy. I do not believe those that are not Christian, and being gay, atheist, liberals or Muslim are the enemy, or if they are a different race, they are inferior.

People who are gay did not choose their sexuality and if you asked them at one point in their life especially when growing up they wish they were straight, and I am sure many people out there have become atheists have became that way on the hypocrisy the judgmental behaviour of Christians they encounter. BTW Muslim people were born into the faith because their community and family are Muslims and a vast majority of Muslims are not terrorists.

Jesus loves not just Christians but all unbelievers. I am so sick of people of faith mock and condemn gays, atheists, Muslims and Liberals because they do not share their worldview. That is not showing love to them by mock or condemn people. I usually prefer my Sunday's not going to church. I of course read the bible every day, regularly pray and even listen to sermons on TV and online.

Is it wrong with that not wanting to go to church but still a Christian? Can you be a Christian and still not wanting to go to Church?

as Jesus said, remove the log out of your own eye so you can see clearly to remove the speck from your brothers eye.

When we start seeing hypocrisy everywhere and in everyone around us, perhaps it is we who are the true hypocrites..

just a thought.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pope66

Dec 5, 2018
Sydney
✟33,699.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you really think that you're so much better than the average Christian? If so, read what C.S. Lewis has to say about that in The Screwtape Letters.

And listening to what you say, your opinions are pretty much those of the Uniting Church, so what stops you going there?

In Australia? Are you sure? I'm very doubtful.
Yes in Australia. I never knew about that until I studed Aborginal studies in tertiary education. Unlike school little was discussed on the discrimations of them. In Australia’s Northern Territory – also in 1959 – Mick Daly, a white Australian drover and his Aboriginal girlfriend, Gladys Namagu, were refused permission to marry by Government officials. They were dubbed the ‘Outback Romeo and Juliet’ and their plight sparked national outrage and public sympathy. Federal and state politicians became involved in their case, as did academics, the media - and even the United Nations.Illegal love: Is this NT couple Australia's Richard and Mildred Loving?

In Queensland, the Chief Protector generally used his power over Aboriginal marriages to bar the unions of whites with Aboriginals of both full and mixed descent. This was predicated on the belief that Europeans and Aboriginals were at either end of the racial ladder, and their unions inevitably disruptive of the social order and damaging for the resulting children. Concern was not infrequently expressed that mixed race children combined the worst features of their parents’ races, were physically and mentally weaker, and more prone to alcoholism, sexual aberration and communism.‘True and good citizens’

Anyway 20 years ago I knew a white guy wo wanted to get married to an Aboriginal woman, but the priest refused to marry them.

The Uniting Church in my area is nearly all old people, and I am in my 40s and if I am the youngest member there, then its not a church for me. I don't mind going to a church with many elderly people, but not me being the youngest.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Pope66

Dec 5, 2018
Sydney
✟33,699.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We can be going with God or going against God!

We are to love God with all our being,and love our neighbor as ourself!

We have a great commission given unto us,feed the hungry,visit the widows and orphans,take the word to those in prisions,preach the gospel to ALL nations!

Be instant in season and out,reprove,rebuke,exhort with all longsuffering!

Acts2:46 And they CONTINUING DAILY with ONE ACCORD in the temple,and breaking bread from house to house,did eat their meat with gladness and SINGLENESS of heart,
Phil.2:2 FULFIL YE MY JOY,THAT YE BE LIKE MINDED,HAVING THE SAME LOVE,BEING OF ONE ACCORD,OF ONE MIND.

Every one of us that claim to be born again followers of Jesus must examine ourselves daily and stay on the path that leads to His righteousness,assembling together,for there is strength in numbers where faith is gathered!
Amen!

Upvote 0

Pope66

Dec 5, 2018
Sydney
✟33,699.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes in Australia. I never knew about that until I studed Aborginal studies in tertiary education. Unlike school little was discussed on the discrimations of them. In Australia’s Northern Territory – also in 1959 – Mick Daly, a white Australian drover and his Aboriginal girlfriend, Gladys Namagu, were refused permission to marry by Government officials. They were dubbed the ‘Outback Romeo and Juliet’ and their plight sparked national outrage and public sympathy. Federal and state politicians became involved in their case, as did academics, the media - and even the United Nations.Illegal love: Is this NT couple Australia's Richard and Mildred Loving?

In Queensland, the Chief Protector generally used his power over Aboriginal marriages to bar the unions of whites with Aboriginals of both full and mixed descent. This was predicated on the belief that Europeans and Aboriginals were at either end of the racial ladder, and their unions inevitably disruptive of the social order and damaging for the resulting children. Concern was not infrequently expressed that mixed race children combined the worst features of their parents’ races, were physically and mentally weaker, and more prone to alcoholism, sexual aberration and communism.‘True and good citizens’

Anyway 20 years ago I knew a white guy wo wanted to get married to an Aboriginal woman, but the priest refused to marry them.

Well the Uniting churches in my area are overwhelming elderly people. I don't mind going to churches with older people but not when I am the youngest there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Dec 6, 2019
Lupercalia City Blk. 496
✟1,345.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i think you can continue being christian without you attending any church so long as read the bible and keep the teachings of christ

but you have to stop being efferminate if you are one because if you continue being gay just like when you are jealous sin already lies at the door but well being gay itself is not a sin but doing gay things is a sin you can continue being gay as long as you follow the teachings of the word of God

if you ask me i can understand why they persecute gay/lesb the basis can be found in the bible am also not fond of them

you can also found something unpleasant about killing unbelievers on quran muslims are instructed to kill christians based on what was written in quran i'm not gonna quote any verses

Upvote 0

Pope66

Dec 5, 2018
Sydney
✟33,699.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
i think you can continue being christian without you attending any church so long as read the bible and keep the teachings of christ

but you have to stop being efferminate if you are one because if you continue being gay just like when you are jealous sin already lies at the door but well being gay itself is not a sin but doing gay things is a sin you can continue being gay as long as you follow the teachings of the word of God

if you ask me i can understand why they persecute gay/lesb the basis can be found in the bible am also not fond of them

you can also found something unpleasant about killing unbelievers on quran muslims are instructed to kill christians based on what was written in quran i'm not gonna quote any verses
I never said I am gay. Anyway we live in a messy world and it's been that way since the fall of Adam and Eve with the eating of the forbidden fruit. Christians are meant to be the light of the world and supposed to guide unbelievers to Jesus. To love the Lord with all their hearts and minds and love their neighbour as themselves. That means we are to love our gay and even muslim neighbour.

There are people dying on the streets everyday without knowing Jesus, and that grieves the Lord.

Disliking or hating someone who is your neigbour because they are gay or Muslim will not win them to the Lord.

• Friendly
Reactions: Sue152
Upvote 0

Pope66

Dec 5, 2018
Sydney
✟33,699.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I never said I am gay. Anyway we live in a messy world and it's been that way since the fall of Adam and Eve with the eating of the forbidden fruit. Christians are meant to be the light of the world and supposed to guide unbelievers to Jesus. To love the Lord with all their hearts and minds and love their neighbour as themselves. That means we are to love our gay and even muslim neighbour.

There are people dying on the streets everyday without knowing Jesus, and that grieves the Lord.

Disliking or hating someone who is your neigbour because they are gay or Muslim will not win them to the Lord.

Upvote 0

OneOfTheMasters

Dec 6, 2019
Alabama
✟114,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
FB_IMG_1575425937157.jpg

Upvote 0