Rarely go to church due to Hypocrisy in the church, even though I am a Christian

Pope66

Dec 5, 2018
Sydney
✟33,699.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The woman Jesus spoke to at the well was troubled about her sin and was restless due to a deep spiritual need she was well aware of. She did not defend her sin when Jesus confronted her about it and she patiently listened to the Lord's instruction (He also told her gently that she was wrong not to be worshipping at Jerusalem and being a faithful Jew). Anyone who will be humble enough to listen to godly instruction and be honest when confronted with the Bible's controversy with them ought to be dealt with gently- and until someone acts otherwise there is no need to act otherwise towards them. But when did I say that there was? Why is it implied that I would say one should do otherwise? Would you condemn Jesus as judgmental for bringing up the woman's adultery and telling her that she ought to follow the Jews in worship? The statements He made to her implied she was neither living right nor worshipping right- and that she therefore needed to change. Are you sure you wouldn't have wanted Jesus crucified had you lived in His day with your present mindset?

When did I ever say I didn't want Muslims coming to my country? That is an awfully judgmental assumption on your part. I said that the Islamic world has been trying to invade the west for over a millennium and they are doing it now through immigration. Most Muslim immigrants to the west are not refugees due to US intervention in Iraq or Afghanistan. I still am not against Muslims who are truly refugees coming to my country (through legal channels). It should be noted though that there are plenty of Muslim countries that the USA hasn't been to war with that these supposed refugees are not fleeing to. It's not hard to tell why.

Agreed on Ezekiel 16:48-50. And most every place where homosexuality is open and accepted you will find that those other sins abounded proceeding the acceptance of homosexuality in that particular society; and that they continue to accompany the same societies in their acceptance of it.
You talk about Muslims invading the west. yet the West is not innocent either with invading other countries and destroying cultures. I live in a country that has experienced that with genocide of the natives in some regions, and even today my country suffers the implications of it. And they were treated as lesser beings for so long by the so called Christian government.

Anyway it is another reason why I don't like going to church because of people with your worldview.

We live in a sinful world and it has always been a sinful world since Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit and it will not change until Jesus returns.

Anyway

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The word makes it clear about sin. God is not man. He never condemns. I can not speak for any Church and there are over 37 million of them in the world. Its hard not to think of self 1st. Yet we must. Its ALWAYS about the other person. God gave each of something that we can give away. For ME not going to Church(forgive me Father) is like hiding that light that is in us. SOMEONE out there needs it. And its hard to grow in the lord if we do not go to Church.

We all need someone over us or we can be deceived. As He does not condemn He will also say NOTHING about going to Church. He already told us not to forsake the gathering. Be it a Church or in some house with friends. Again the choice is always ours. We need to forgive others.. and then forgive them and then forgive them.

Upvote 0

Pope66

Dec 5, 2018
Sydney
✟33,699.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you mean you don't accept God's "worldview"? His view of sin and of the world in all things ?
Well I have read the Bible cover to cover several times, and been to a seminary too to further study the Bible.

Unfortantely I have seen many Christians esp Christian leaders with a lot of pride. Pride is the so called worst of seven deadly sins.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am also so over the US vs them mentality of Christians, and seeing unbelievers, or people with different cultures as the enemy. I do not believe those that are not Christian, and being gay, atheist, liberals or Muslim are the enemy, or if they are a different race, they are inferior.

I don't know what experience you have had so I can not comment on it. The bible tells us to "love our enemies", so even if the Christian were to class, gays, atheists, liberals or Muslims as the enemy, they are still to show them love.

But I have to disagree with your thought that gays don't choose to be gay, the bible tells us that being gay is a choice, God does not sin, so He is not going to make gay people biologically. It is a choice. Also often Gay's, Athiests, Liberals, Muslims, choose to be the enemy of Christ, so it incites some Christian discomfort with those groups.

Upvote 0

Pope66

Dec 5, 2018
Sydney
✟33,699.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know what experience you have had so I can not comment on it. The bible tells us to "love our enemies", so even if the Christian were to class, gays, atheists, liberals or Muslims as the enemy, they are still to show them love.

But I have to disagree with your thought that gays don't choose to be gay, the bible tells us that being gay is a choice, God does not sin, so He is not going to make gay people biologically. It is a choice. Also often Gay's, Athiests, Liberals, Muslims, choose to be the enemy of Christ, so it incites some Christian discomfort with those groups.
People are unable to choose who they are attracted to sexually. BTW there is a large amount of LGBT youth that are homeless and they were mostly kicked out of their parents home. I do not see anything loving of kicking someone out of their home due to ttheir sexuality.

Instead of Christians judging what unbelievers do, which should only be God's job how about praying for them sinstead

Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You talk about Muslims invading the west. yet the West is not innocent either with invading other countries and destroying cultures. I live in a country that has experienced that with genocide of the natives in some regions, and even today my country suffers the implications of it. And they were treated as lesser beings for so long by the so called Christian government.

Anyway it is another reason why I don't like going to church because of people with your worldview.

We live in a sinful world and it has always been a sinful world since Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit and it will not change until Jesus returns.

Anyway

Your controversy is with the God of the Bible, you won't accept the world view He has and has commanded you in His Word to have (which is the Truth), and you won't repent of the attitude that caused Adam and Eve to eat of the forbidden fruit. I hope you will repent or Jesus' return will not be a happy day for you.

"15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire. 16 For by fire and by his sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord shall be many." (Isaiah 66:15-16)

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
People are unable to choose who they are attracted to sexually.
Man is sinful by nature - so man's attractions are sinful, and all the attractions of the flesh, every sinful thought, must be delivered to death - crucified with Christ, not "fixed" - the unclean thoughts and desires and attractions of the flesh are always sinful, and
the only way to deal with the flesh to be right with God at all,
is to crucify the flesh, with ALL the affections (attractions) and lusts of the flesh. (not just sexual sins)

Upvote 0

Pope66

Dec 5, 2018
Sydney
✟33,699.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your controversy is with the God of the Bible, you won't accept the world view He has and has commanded you in His Word to have (which is the Truth), and you won't repent of the attitude that caused Adam and Eve to eat of the forbidden fruit. I hope you will repent or Jesus' return will not be a happy day for you.

"15 For, behold, the Lord will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire. 16 For by fire and by his sword will the Lord plead with all flesh: and the slain of the Lord shall be many." (Isaiah 66:15-16)
I not here to debate anymore. If I caused offence to someone here I am sorry. You do not know me, and only God kows my heart. I sin and everyone sins every day and I admit I have always fallen short of the Glory of God.

If I sin, then it is the holy spirit to convict me. I strive to best love people, and leave the judging up to God, yet I not always do that.

There is no perfect church or preacher out there.

It is a messy world out there and a very much hurting world. Jesus is the solution to this hurting world even to me.

I never said I won't go to church again. Anyway I will finish it off to state that may the Lord guide me to a Church that is if he will. But the church does not necessary be a building, but with 2 or more gathered in his name.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I of course tried very hard being friends with church leaders but in the end I get up hurt.

how about going to church to worship?
no need to try to make friends with the church leaders

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I expected them to be "perfect" but they were not
COOL! I did not expect to find perfect Ekklesia, but I did ! (without even knowing I would or could).
God's Doing.
(someone must have been praying for me)
Through them , and particularly especially their JOY IN JESUS DAILY, I was made hungry for Christ and led to salvation truthfully, in Him.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟905,148.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I rarely go to church these days and it has been over 2 years since I used to go to church every Sunday. I used to really love church but really put off with the hypocrisy, arrogance and judgmental behavior of many, many Christians out there. I am still hurt to this day due to this.

I am also so over the US vs them mentality of Christians, and seeing unbelievers, or people with different cultures as the enemy. I do not believe those that are not Christian, and being gay, atheist, liberals or Muslim are the enemy, or if they are a different race, they are inferior.

People who are gay did not choose their sexuality and if you asked them at one point in their life especially when growing up they wish they were straight, and I am sure many people out there have become atheists have became that way on the hypocrisy the judgmental behaviour of Christians they encounter. BTW Muslim people were born into the faith because their community and family are Muslims and a vast majority of Muslims are not terrorists.

Jesus loves not just Christians but all unbelievers. I am so sick of people of faith mock and condemn gays, atheists, Muslims and Liberals because they do not share their worldview. That is not showing love to them by mock or condemn people. I usually prefer my Sunday's not going to church. I of course read the bible every day, regularly pray and even listen to sermons on TV and online.

Is it wrong with that not wanting to go to church but still a Christian? Can you be a Christian and still not wanting to go to Church?
You are right, as Christians we are commanded to love one another and you are also right that hypocrisy is rampant in congregations. But there is "The Body of Christ". This is the Body of believers who follow Jesus Christ of Nazareth whole hardheartedly and who follow His commands.
Some attend brick and mortar congregations and some do not. The important thing this is, are you in "The Body".
We must discern all things as we walk in the Holy Spirit. He will teach us what is right and what is wrong and what is loving and what is not loving. The flesh is weak and we fight against it daily. Some are more successful than others at walking the narrow road to the narrow gate.
and some fall prey to the deceiver. We must always test our walk with the Lord.
Be blessed

Upvote 0

ajcarey

Jun 3, 2019
Midwest
✟46,967.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I not here to debate anymore. If I caused offence to someone here I am sorry. You do not know me, and only God kows my heart. I sin and everyone sins every day and I admit I have always fallen short of the Glory of God.

If I sin, then it is the holy spirit to convict me. I strive to best love people, and leave the judging up to God, yet I not always do that.

There is no perfect church or preacher out there.

It is a messy world out there and a very much hurting world. Jesus is the solution to this hurting world even to me.

I never said I won't go to church again. Anyway I will finish it off to state that may the Lord guide me to a Church that is if he will. But the church does not necessary be a building, but with 2 or more gathered in his name.

I'll leave you then with these Scriptures:

"The world cannot hate you; but me it hateth, because I testify of it, that the works thereof are evil." (John 7:7)

John 8:34-36: "34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. 36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed."

1 John 3:4-8: "4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law. 5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin. 6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him. 7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous. 8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil."

Matthew 4:4: "4 But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

• Informative
Reactions: Pope66
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟474,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I am also so over the US vs them mentality of Christians, and seeing unbelievers, or people with different cultures as the enemy.

Such a mentality is not properly Christian.

• Winner
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟474,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Is it wrong with that not wanting to go to church but still a Christian? Can you be a Christian and still not wanting to go to Church?

You need to find a particular church that you want to go to, where you feel a genuine experience of Christian love. If your current church is not providing that, but makes you feel Christianity is fundamentally xenophobic, that does not sound like a healthy place to worship.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,011,713.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You dont go to church to please others or if in disagreement with their views! No!

You go because of your love of God. Nothing else.

If you are concerned about others then you are not in tune with God. God should be your focus. Nothing else.

• Informative
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟735,052.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People are unable to choose who they are attracted to sexually. BTW there is a large amount of LGBT youth that are homeless and they were mostly kicked out of their parents home. I do not see anything loving of kicking someone out of their home due to ttheir sexuality.

Instead of Christians judging what unbelievers do, which should only be God's job how about praying for them sinstead

True, Christians are not to judge sinners, we are to pray for them, and show them God's love, and yes not kick them out of home. But we are also not to keep ideas that are not God's. God's word is clear that homosexuality is a sign of a person deviating away from God's ways. It is a choice.

Rom 1:21-27 because that, knowing God, they glorified him not as God, neither gave thanks; but became vain in their reasonings, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, and changed the glory of the incorruptible God for the likeness of an image of corruptible man, and of birds, and four-footed beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts unto uncleanness, that their bodies should be dishonored among themselves: for that they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshipped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. For this cause God gave them up unto vile passions: for their women changed the natural use into that which is against nature: and likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another, men with men working unseemliness, and receiving in themselves that recompense of their error which was due. And even as they refused to have God in their knowledge, God gave them up unto a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not fitting;

Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I rarely go to church these days and it has been over 2 years since I used to go to church every Sunday. I used to really love church but really put off with the hypocrisy, arrogance and judgmental behavior of many, many Christians out there. I am still hurt to this day due to this.

People who are gay did not choose their sexuality and if you asked them at one point in their life especially when growing up they wish they were straight, and I am sure many people out there have become atheists have became that way on the hypocrisy the judgmental behaviour of Christians they encounter. BTW Muslim people were born into the faith because their community and family are Muslims and a vast majority of Muslims are not terrorists.

Jesus loves not just Christians but all unbelievers. I am so sick of people of faith mock and condemn gays, atheists, Muslims and Liberals because they do not share their worldview. That is not showing love to them by mock or condemn people. I usually prefer my Sunday's not going to church. I of course read the bible every day, regularly pray and even listen to sermons on TV and online.

Looks to me like your the problem. Not church or other Christians.

Upvote 0