Visit site
✟15,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yes to this. I'm amazed at some of the weak teaching coming out of Protestant camps around the rapture. And I had forgotten about Paul's greeting as he entered the city. Nice addition. Jesus' triumphal entry into Jerusalem was the main example I was aware of. Good share!

Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Every time I hear rapture I cringe.

Me too. Lots of bad memories associated with it, to say nothing of the fact that it's a terrible excuse for an eschatological idea.

Upvote 0

Levaire

Oct 31, 2020
Lansing, MI
Visit site
✟15,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Same. I used to hold to a pre-Trib notion. It's actually taught as being the right answer through some evangelical pastoral schools. The problem is, its Scriptural support is weak and built upon misunderstanding the first-century Jewish context. All sorts of errors start from a literal interpretation of prophecy.

Upvote 0

Levaire

Oct 31, 2020
Lansing, MI
Visit site
✟15,618.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Every time I hear rapture I cringe.

And yes to this. YouTube is FULL of folks freaking out with rapture dreams. They usually end their videos by misquoting Mt 24 and a trembling whisper that Jesus is coming soon. Indeed, He may be, but I don't think it's gonna look quite the way we're thinking it's gonna look. Especially when we're spinning yarns by taking His Word out of context. Oye.

Upvote 0