Futurist Only Rapture timing thread - pretrib, pre-wrath or post-trib?

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟124,857.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said flesh would be spared (Matthew 24:22), so no your idea that the "rapture" is just people dying and spiritually going to heaven is wrong.
It's also refuted by Paul in 1 Thessalonians 4 which points out that there are those who are alive and remain.
Sparing flesh is changing it from corruption to incorruption. Many souls over the past 5991 years have never seen incorruption. I agree it is not about souls. It is about obtaining an incorruptible body. This time is not about those in sheol being restored. In fact many will join them, and many will be sent to Death. Death is the one way ticket to the Lake of Fire. Those sent to Death have had their names removed from the Lamb's book of life. That is not sparing or saving physical flesh. That is condemnation of a soul that will never again see life.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟206,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Sparing flesh is changing it from corruption to incorruption. Many souls over the past 5991 years have never seen incorruption. I agree it is not about souls. It is about obtaining an incorruptible body. This time is not about those in sheol being restored. In fact many will join them, and many will be sent to Death. Death is the one way ticket to the Lake of Fire. Those sent to Death have had their names removed from the Lamb's book of life. That is not sparing or saving physical flesh. That is condemnation of a soul that will never again see life.

Uh.. okay.. it's hard communicating with you.. but anyway.. Paul said that at Jesus return there's people who won't die or fall asleep they'll just be caught up into the air, and that's at the 6th seal, after the Great Tribulation but before the trumpets and bowls.

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟393,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Tomorrow I have heart surgery for an angiogram and possible stent, and a coronary bypass for "moderately extensive coronary artery calcification" so if something happens and things don't go well I'll see you all soon enough in the next life. But hopefully its nothing and doesn't block sufficient blood flow but my cardiologist said 40% chance of a stent and some percent chance of a bypass or two or three or four. He won't know. I have to be there in 5.5 hours so hope to know how the solar eclipse turns out before they go in. God bless all!

Upvote 0

Jeffwhosoever

Faithful Servant & Seminary Student
Christian Forums Staff
Chaplain
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Sep 21, 2009
Southern US
✟393,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
This is a thread for Futurists to discuss timing of the rapture relative to the 70th week of Daniel or the 7 years of tribulation, whether the rapture is (1) pre-trib; (2) mid-trib; (3) pre-wrath; or (4) post trib assuming a 1000 year Millenium follows.

Upvote 0