Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A creative and resilient young woman has found a way to protect other women from the trauma she suffered with her product, KnoNap.

Sometimes we can use pain as an excuse to inflict more pain or to avoid the responsibility of having to do the right thing. We might multiply the pain to feel less alone in the suffering, but we will then stay trapped in it. Some turn their suffering into anger, resentment, and revenge.

It’s a normal part of any healing journey to go through many feelings, but what matters is never to stop aiming at the real goal — recovering peace.

Continued below.
Rape-drug survivor creates drug-detecting napkin

com7fy8

May 22, 2013
Massachusetts
✟585,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If I may, as a guest >

I briefly checked the KnoNap site. It seems there can be places in certain countries, maybe in any country, where you could get a laced drink, even right from the bar. Or, someone can come up to you, somewhere, and act friendly and give you a laced drink. And at a fraternity party . . . and if you leave your drink alone while you go to the bathroom or are dancing . . . it "might" need to be tested more than once, because while you are looking or walking or dancing away from the drink, someone can drop something in it.

So, now there is this KnoNap napkin that with a few drops of the drink on it can show color if there is a drug in the drink. Of course, I suppose, it is not able to detect any and all drugs.

But in case a whole napkin is able to test, then you might be able to use the same napkin for some number of evenings out . . . or after each time during an evening when you have left the drink unattended or have looked away from your drink and all of a sudden someone shows up near you from behind while you were looking away . . . maybe distracted by someone else who is working with the one sneaking up from behind. Distraction can be a strategy; so when something is making a major demand for my attention, right away I might look and check what is going one elsewhere :)

Indeed, prevention can be best . . . including not going into such situations, in the first place. I would think there are people who need to reevaluate where they go out, and who they trust. And maybe take drinks only from proven bars, if there is such a thing.

I am 74 now. While I was maybe college age, I was told that if you rubbed a bartender the wrong way, he could slip you a "mickie" which would give you quite a headache. Of course, this might be a rumor started by a heavy drinker who woke up with a hangover and wanted to cover up the real cause. I don't know.

But years ago I had an RN for a girlfriend and she turned out not to be the religious person she first claimed, to keep it simple. So, I got away from her, but she invited me to her mother's house for a Christmas party. That seemed all right to me; so I went. But almost right away a guy showed up in front of me, and we were talking and he had a heavy and strange scent, which seemed to me like it could be the smell of a cannibal. That was my first impression of him.

So, I understood I might be in a very dangerous situation. I declined to have my ex make a sandwich for me, since I did not know what she might put in it. Then she came up to me and locked eye contact with me, but at a certain moment I glanced down to see her un-pinch her fingers right over the mouth of my bottle of beer. I had made sure I opened the bottle, myself; then she moved up and slipped her fingers over the bottle and opened them, then on she went. So, needless to say, I did not drink from the bottle >

I pretended to drink a few times, putting the mouth to my lips but I did not take any. Then I talked about how I needed to go to the bathroom because of drinking the beer. There I dumped it, rinsed the bottle well, filled it with water, then went out and did a little guzzling. And I said I had a long way to drive home to my mother's so I needed to leave a little early.

She tailed me out to my car, and had a look maybe of bewilderment on her face. Then she, an RN, took my hand to say goodbye, but fingered my pulse while doing that. So, may be she was checking my pulse to see if a drug was taking effect. I looked her in the eye and said something like, "Things don't always go the way we think."

I did not directly accuse or question her, because if she and others there were that dangerous, I was isolated with her and her people; I could be in trouble. But, also, I knew I could be wrong. So, I just quietly got away.

So, it is possible that drugging is not something new. And I never reported it; so I a guy am not in the statistics of how many men have had something put in a drink. So, I'm just saying, don't go only by the numbers :)

It could help to become able to tell the difference between who to trust and who not to trust. After all, in the United States, anyway, there is more than a fifty-percent divorce rate for marriages . . . both for nonreligious people and ones claiming to be Christians. So, I am thinking perhaps people trust ones who smile and talk with a nice toning of their voices and who say they are religious, or they are medical workers. But this method of evaluating people could help you to get drugged or married to the wrong person.

And Jesus does say >

"'Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment.'" (John 7:24)

Last edited:
Upvote 0