Prophetable

Apr 10, 2006
✟718.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Neverstop said:
Link after link has been presented demonstrating why sexual desire is NOT a component of rape. Therefore, both premises are completely inapplicable.

Hrmmm funny that.... None of the links clearly state that sexual desire is not a component of rape. They just try to ignore the issue by focusing on other factors.

Therefore your premise is completely inapplicable. :D

Can you proove me wrong by quoting from one of these links?

Upvote 0

moonkitty

Senior Veteran
May 5, 2006
✟16,945.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
marblehead said:
True, sometimes it's purely just to hurt and hold power over someone.

I think the problem is with those that are saying it doesn't play a part at all.

Sexual desire can be sadistic, not just your average sex.
Some rapist's don't do it because they think the person is good looking and others it might play a big part in the choice of victim.

Rapes is always to hurt and hold power over someone; not just sometimes. Yes sexual attraction may play a part in it—but that is not always the case. Rape can happen because you’re not pretty and the rapist wants to belittle you.

Upvote 0

fillerbunny

Feb 16, 2006
Southern New England
✟16,521.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Prophetable said:
Hrmmm funny that.... None of the links clearly state that sexual desire is not a component of rape. They just try to ignore the issue by focusing on other factors.

Therefore your premise is completely inapplicable. :D

Can you proove me wrong by quoting from one of these links?

How about proving yourself right by offering a source of your own? The onus is on you to prove your own case. One cannot prove non-existence. However, if indeed sexual desire were a key component of rape (which it is not), you should easily be able to provide a reputable source in agreement with you.

So far, you've spouted a lot of opinion and provided absolutely nothing whatsoever to back said opinions up.

Upvote 0

fillerbunny

Feb 16, 2006
Southern New England
✟16,521.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Prophetable said:
Please forgive me for not being so luvy duvy, pooky wooky, goody goody goose bumps :)

I prefer to speak the truth in love.

Given the barrage of negative remarks made within this thread regarding the intelligence of the posters who happen to disagree with your as of yet unsupported assertions, I'm failing to see this "love" you speak of.

If, as you claim, you're "speaking the truth", then you should have no problem offering up some citations in support of your assertions.

Upvote 0

Prophetable

Apr 10, 2006
✟718.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
fillerbunny said:
Given the barrage of negative remarks made within this thread regarding the intelligence of the posters who happen to disagree with your as of yet unsupported assertions, I'm failing to see this "love" you speak of.

If, as you claim, you're "speaking the truth", then you should have no problem offering up some citations in support of your assertions.

Insulting people is good at times. Read the bible, it happened a bit :D

If people are so dumb that they can't see that Sexual Desire factors in rape, then what else can one do but point it out so that others won't be led astray by their stupidity. inappropriate behavior with animals (Having Sex with animals) was considered punishable by death in the OT. Sometimes peoples Sexual Desire can get pretty twisted.

Next you will be asking me for evidence to support the claim that breathing requires oxygen. That's the level that this is on. :wave:

Upvote 0

Catholicism

Veteran
May 2, 2005
✟2,027.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
christalee4 said:
http://www.christianforums.com/t2853915-rape-probe-grounds-dukes-lacrosse-team.html#post23062979

http://www.newsobserver.com/102/story/422462.html

I know everyone has seen the story about this crime, but few want to talk about it. What galls me is why all 40-something members of this sports team have chosen to be silent about the crime now. In fact, it makes me sick, in light of the racial abuse hurled at not only the victim, but also at another black young woman passing by the frat house.

Do people think that the victim, because of her job as a stripper, deserves violent rape and abuse?

I am beginning to think that people do think that. And that is horrible. Each and every member of that lacrosse team needs to be questioned about their compliance in what happened.
NO crime justifies another crime. No-one deserves rape.

Upvote 0

fillerbunny

Feb 16, 2006
Southern New England
✟16,521.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Prophetable said:

Way to witness.

If people are so dumb that they can't see that Sexual Desire factors in rape, then what else can one do but point it out so that others won't be led astray by their stupidity.

Once again, though they speak a great deal about one's personal character, such insults do absolutely nothing to further or legitimate any of the arguments you've presented.

inappropriate behavior with animals (Having Sex with animals) was considered punishable by death in the OT. Sometimes peoples Sexual Desire can get pretty twisted.

What on earth does inappropriate behavior with animals have to do with any of this?

Next you will be asking me for evidence to support the claim that breathing requires oxygen. That's the level that this is on. :wave:

Once again, I note the complete and total absence of citations. Until evidence supporting the claim that sexual desire is a causative factor in rape is provided, it remains nothing more than an unsupported assertion of opinion.

Upvote 0

xMinionX

Contributor
Dec 2, 2003
✟18,028.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
fillerbunny said:
Once again, I note the complete and total absence of citations. Until evidence supporting the claim that sexual desire is a causative factor in rape is provided, it remains nothing more than an unsupported assertion of opinion.

Yup.

(And breathing doesn't require oxygen) ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Prophetable

Apr 10, 2006
✟718.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
fillerbunny said:
Way to witness.

The way to witness is by first receiving Holy Ghost power from on high. Something that I seriously doubt many people arguing with me on this thread have done. Because if they had they would have enough Baptism in the Holy Ghost to recognise the truth in what I'm saying.

I've seen people come to Jesus after I've given them "insulting" words. When was the last time you led someone to Jesus? :)

fillerbunny said:
Once again, though they speak a great deal about one's personal character, such insults do absolutely nothing to further or legitimate any of the arguments you've presented.

I don't care if you disklike my insults :)
The Lord Jesus Christ would probably tell you guys to grow a brain as well!!
If you're to stupid to understand commonsense I can't help you.

fillerbunny said:
What on earth does inappropriate behavior with animals have to do with any of this?

Hey, apparently some people enjoy raping animals!!

fillerbunny said:

If a voice spoke from Heaven, you would still be asking for "statistics" I'm sure.:wave:

Upvote 0

Prophetable

Apr 10, 2006
✟718.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
fillerbunny said:
Way to witness.

Also, when it comes to character, Atheists don't have any. They're boring, trivial people in General.
But if they receive Jesus Christ, maybe they will become interesting and begin to utilise their full intellectual potential.

Upvote 0

KCDAD

Aug 4, 2005
Illinois
✟14,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Prophetable said:

If people are so dumb that they can't see that Sexual Desire factors in rape, then what else can one do but point it out so that others won't be led astray by their stupidity. inappropriate behavior with animals (Having Sex with animals) was considered punishable by death in the OT. Sometimes peoples Sexual Desire can get pretty twisted.

OK Stupid... :thumbsup: (there is your desired insult) let me make it plain. Rape is not about sexual intercourse... if it were all rapes would include penetration and [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]... rapes may include weapons like sticks and bottles and knives and guns, they may be forced into anuses, mouthes or vaginas or directly into the uterus through the belly... they may include castration or other mutilations...
If you want to argue that sexual desire is a part of rape keep howling at the moon. It is as pointless and stupid as arguing that cardiovascular exercise is the reason two drunks fight it out in a bar...

Sexual desire and lust are two different things. Sexual desire does not lead to lust... lust is a desire to please oneself at the expense of another (irregardless of who or what the other is)... lust may lead to violence if the object is unwilling or unable to defend themselves... it isn't sexual desire that cause the rape, it is unfullfilled lust.

A can lead to B, but B causes C.
There are many factors that lead to B.
Frustration at work or at home
Money problems
Low self esteem or sense of self loathing
Sexual disfunction or confusion
Not knowing the difference between sexual desire and lust...

Upvote 0

Prophetable

Apr 10, 2006
✟718.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
KCDAD said:
OK Stupid... :thumbsup: (there is your desired insult) let me make it plain. Rape is not about sexual intercourse... if it were all rapes would include penetration and [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]... rapes may include weapons like sticks and bottles and knives and guns, they may be forced into anuses, mouthes or vaginas or directly into the uterus through the belly... they may include castration or other mutilations...
If you want to argue that sexual desire is a part of rape keep howling at the moon. It is as pointless and stupid as arguing that cardiovascular exercise is the reason two drunks fight it out in a bar...

Sexual desire and lust are two different things. Sexual desire does not lead to lust... lust is a desire to please oneself at the expense of another (irregardless of who or what the other is)... lust may lead to violence if the object is unwilling or unable to defend themselves... it isn't sexual desire that cause the rape, it is unfullfilled lust.

A can lead to B, but B causes C.
There are many factors that lead to B.
Frustration at work or at home
Money problems
Low self esteem or sense of self loathing
Sexual disfunction or confusion
Not knowing the difference between sexual desire and lust...

Thanks Moron :) (No doubt this thread will be closed soon).

Now then, you've been smoking some bad weed again, haven't you KCDAD.

We all know that some rapes may involve violent, non-penetration means.

Be assured however that the ones that do actually involve Sexual intercourse, actually do involve Sexual Desire, believe it or not folks. I'm not into trivial arguments over the meanings of words either when it comes to LUST or SEXUAL DESIRE. Please stop being silly. You understand full well that the basis of my argument is can Provocative Dress contribute towards rape? I know that it can. All the oxymorons out there require statistics to fill them in on the obvious.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KCDAD

Aug 4, 2005
Illinois
✟14,800.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Prophetable said:
Now then, you've been smoking some bad weed again, haven't you KCDAD.

You understand full well that the basis of my argument is can Provocative Dress contribute towards rape? I know that it can. All the oxymorons out there require statistics to fill them in on the obvious.

Well, yes, I confess...Pall Mall light 100s...

Provocative dress? Back to that? Provocation is in the eye of the beholder... EVERY IDIOT (this is kinda fun;) )knows that. You may think seeing a little cleavage is provocative, I may think an ankle is. Joe may think high heels are, Bob gets turned on by red hair... Can't you see where this is going?

Women don't provoke men... men do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:clap: :thumbsup: :amen: :doh:

Upvote 0

fillerbunny

Feb 16, 2006
Southern New England
✟16,521.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Prophetable said:
Also, when it comes to character, Atheists don't have any. They're boring, trivial people in General.

Resorting to cattier insults continues to do absolutely nothing to further your claims. Nor does it divert any attention from the fact that such claims remain unsupported.

But if they receive Jesus Christ, maybe they will become interesting and begin to utilise their full intellectual potential.

If receiving Jesus Christ results in the behavior I've seen exhibited in this thread, then no thanks.. I'm not interested.

Upvote 0

fillerbunny

Feb 16, 2006
Southern New England
✟16,521.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Prophetable said:
The way to witness is by first receiving Holy Ghost power from on high. Something that I seriously doubt many people arguing with me on this thread have done.

Irrelevant.

Because if they had they would have enough Baptism in the Holy Ghost to recognise the truth in what I'm saying.

Truth or "truthiness"? That is the question.

I've seen people come to Jesus after I've given them "insulting" words. When was the last time you led someone to Jesus? :)

Note the faith icon. I have no motivation or reason to attempt to lead anyone to Jesus. That said, I can't say I recall any scripture in which Jesus promotes ministry through ridicule. Perhaps you could provide a few verses and enlighten us all.

I don't care if you disklike my insults :)

Obviously not.

The Lord Jesus Christ would probably tell you guys to grow a brain as well!!

Perhaps you could support this scripturally?

If you're to stupid to understand commonsense I can't help you.

If these assertions were so "common sense", they could easily be supported with fact through appropriate citations gleaned from reputable sources.

Hey, apparently some people enjoy raping animals!!

Um.. okay. :scratch:

If a voice spoke from Heaven, you would still be asking for "statistics" I'm sure.:wave:

Another attempt at diversion. Continued absence of citations noted.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.