United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
One of the users knew the song; here it is, in the OP:

In my college dorm, someone in the shower is usually playing rap. Oftentimes, it's the all-too-famous kind of rap, where the lyrics are just awful sexual objectification of women. However, rap has a bad rap of being entirely these sorts of lyrics; oftentimes, I'll hear songs about calling for social change, describing how badly fathers need to stay with their families, and wondering why we hate each other so much.

I just heard some lyrics that I wanted to share; these are not the exact lyrics, and I couldn't find the song online; looking up "Rap Song on Judgemental Christians" just brought up Christian rap, not what seemed to be the anti-Christian song I heard.

Here's the refrain, as best as I can remember?

Hey, where be the Christians?
They be the first ones to judgin'
Where be the Christians?
They make you feel like nobody's loving

Part of why I wanted to share this was because of how often I've judged the people listening to rap; this made me remember that I can't say anything about a person based on the music they listen to. Here I am, with a Cross medal on my coat, a Theology major, wanting to be a Peer Minister, and this rap song called out my own judgements against rap.

I'm not really sure how to conclude this, so I'll leave it up to all of you to continue the discussion.

UPDATE: I listened to one of the Christian Rap songs that came up, and this one directly addresses judgementalism of rap & rappers, so I thought it would be good to share. Among the lines: "They judge by my tattoos, and the way that He made me."

Last edited:

Unofficial Reverand Alex

Pray in silence...God speaks softly
Site Supporter
Dec 22, 2017
The Mystical Lands of Rural Indiana
Visit site
✟526,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
It is from one of Kanye's songs from his latest album "Jesus is King," about how some Christian will doubt his testimony and call him a "fake."
Thank you! Can you share which one?

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟122,864.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Rap is usually trashy. That's an observation.

I use to think hip-hop and rap were trash before I was a Christian. After I was introduced to Shai Linne, Timothy Brindle, and others I now appreciate it a whole lot more. You can preach a sermon in a single song, much less you would find in modern day contemporary groups who sing the same line monotonously for five minutes straight.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I use to think hip-hop and rap were trash before I was a Christian. After I was introduced to Shai Linne, Timothy Brindle, and others I now appreciate it a whole lot more. You can preach a sermon in a single song, much less you would find in modern day contemporary groups who sing the same line monotonously for five minutes straight.
I was referring mostly to secular rap.

• Agree
Reactions: Jonaitis
Upvote 0