Visit site
✟2,215.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
OK if u live in the UK especially england u will have experienced the wonderful train service. oh anyway i bet between us we could come up with hundreds of stories of how the trains are USELESS. anyhow u can tell how much i like them :)

The amount of trains that got cancelled on friday its a wonder anyone got anywhere. Due to chaos on the platform i was on trying to get my connection at preston i had to wait like half an hour for the train to get in. Becuase there were technical problems with the train before.

Then coming back my train form blackburn to preston was cancelled then the next train which would have just got me there in time for my connection took 15mins linger than usual to get there cos of sum problems with the lights and so i missed my connection and had to wait an hour for the next one. as i was going to crewe i got the next london euston train which was packed so involved standing up with many others. anyhow i really should stop complaining but trains do my head in!

shout2thelord

adopted aussie :)
Oct 11, 2002
crewe, england
Visit site
✟2,215.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
wow thats good ive only really noticed since ive had to be in certain places on time how irregular they can be and this summer when they were all running at half the pace becuase the tracks couldnt handle the heat. I think its cos i went to australia for the summer as well and was shocked by the organisation of the trains there. But hey im back in the UK now :(

Upvote 0

Tangnefedd

A Liberal Christian
Feb 10, 2004
✟18,900.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My son-in-law loves trains he actually goes on a train journey just for the joy of riding on one! Now you must be thinking he is some sad anorak, but you couldn't be more wrong. He is a fantastic guy, very laid back, intelligent and a wonderful husband and father.

Upvote 0

AsburyJuke

Feb 19, 2004
✟8,123.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hey, but as this is a Christian forum I am going to advise you that it is fruitless to get worked up about the small things in life that we have no control over!

At least you weren't flying BA.. I got to sleep in a tickethall, no heating, no food, no compensation and a 24 hour wait, but it was pointless getting worked up as there wsa nothing I or anyone else could do! :)

Upvote 0

Yahweh Nissi

"The LORD Is My Banner"
Mar 26, 2003
Birkenhead, on the Wirral.
✟1,240.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Bus services seem to be getting a bit better - especially in London, go Red Ken :) but the trains are still a mess. I think there is a case for renationalisation - as on any journey you take the train operator running that bit of the network has a monopoly. It is not like supermarkets or the like where there are likely to be at least a couple you can easily get to so competion forces them to give low prices and good services.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums