Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
At this time I have not had the time to research into this and go back into the original Hebrew.

I know that in 2 Thes 2:3 and a few others it states the the AC will be revealed at the beginning of the 7-years.

By no means do I think this is true, again, just thinking out loud. What if the AC is already in power right now, but he has not been "revealed" to us as the AC?

Comments?

riverrat

Feb 28, 2011
✟17,518.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
At this time I have not had the time to research into this and go back into the original Hebrew.

I know that in 2 Thes 2:3 and a few others it states the the AC will be revealed at the beginning of the 7-years.

By no means do I think this is true, again, just thinking out loud. What if the AC is already in power right now, but he has not been "revealed" to us as the AC?

Comments?

If the scripture plainly says it, which it does, then we should just believe it.

Upvote 0

John S

I'm Here - For Now
Nov 19, 2010
✟11,359.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

Comments?
He is NOT in power at this time - so if you wanted to suggest that the AC is Barack Obama, you would be wrong.

Upvote 0

Echolipse

Watcher and Studier
Nov 17, 2012
Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
He is NOT in power at this time - so if you wanted to suggest that the AC is Barack Obama, you would be wrong.

haha no, I know he is not the AC. Once I get the chance I'm gonna go over those scriptures, I just haven't had the time recently.

Upvote 0

Echolipse

Watcher and Studier
Nov 17, 2012
Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When I said present tense, I meant Paul's present tense, not ours. These passages were originally about the events in Judea and the standing temple in the 7th decade AD. The 2nd coming was still expected right after.

If his 2nd coming was expected and according to you it should have occured, where in history does it show that Christ came back?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟793,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If the scripture plainly says it, which it does, then we should just believe it.

2 Thess 2:3 makes no mention of antichrist, so it clearly does NOT plainly say it.

Upvote 0

Echolipse

Watcher and Studier
Nov 17, 2012
Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
2 Thess 2:3 makes no mention of antichrist, so it clearly does NOT plainly say it.

Try again.

2 Thes 2:3 - 3 Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness[a] is revealed, the man doomed to destruction.

"Man of Lawlessness" is another name for the AC. Plus I was using the verse strictly as a example, not the exact verse in Revelation that speaks of him rising out of no where.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟793,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Man of Lawlessness" is another name for the AC.

Show us the scripture that teaches this connection.
(and BTW, Revelation makes no mention of antichrist either.)

Upvote 0

Echolipse

Watcher and Studier
Nov 17, 2012
Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Show us the scripture that teaches this connection.
(and BTW, Revelation makes no mention of antichrist either.)

You know, i was { } (this) close to linking a bunch of stuff, but then I noticed you're preterist.

So I'm even gonna use my energy to "argue" it out. I don't have the time or energy for that.

I wanted a simple comment or 2 cents from people and didn't want to argue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

parousia70

Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟793,718.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So I'm even gonna use my energy to "argue" it out. I don't have the time or energy for that.

I wanted a simple comment or 2 cents from people and didn't want to argue.

No argument here... Just pointing out that Scripture NEVER teaches that antichrist, man of sin/lawlessness and the beast are the same individual.

Only the extra biblical traditions of men teach that.
My $0.02

(and BTW, I noticed you are a preterist too)

Upvote 0

Echolipse

Watcher and Studier
Nov 17, 2012
Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
No argument here... Just pointing out that Scripture NEVER teaches that antichrist, man of sin/lawlessness and the beast are the same individual.

(and BTW, I noticed you are a preterist too)

Lol, I apologize man. I never said the AC and the beast are the same, sorry you thought I was stating that.

Oh and btw, I'm not preterist. I'm post, I just enjoy seeing everyone's opinions and thoughts as I continue my study.

Upvote 0