Florida
✟15,946.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Has anyone considered that 2014 may be the year the peace treaty is signed?

This thought because Kerry is continuously going to the Middle East for peace talks and the Pope just said he will be "changing" the church this year.

No I haven't gone into extreme thought on this and I haven't dove into scripture. Right now I don't have anyone to bounce ideas off of other than yall.

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟797,954.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Than would be great if this were the year. That neck of the woods could use a little peace... Bravo for the folks who stand up for peaceful negotiations and compromise as a tool to settle differences and avert war!

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God.
Matt. 5:9

Upvote 0
B

Bible2

Interplanner said in post 2:

The covenant of Dan 9 is not a treaty in modern times. There are two options for it in the 1st century sense: the new covenant, and an old covenant that has been enforced harshly on Israel

In Daniel 9:26, the original Hebrew word (karath, H3772) translated as "cut off" can refer to when a peace treaty/covenant is "made" (Genesis 21:27). The first century AD fulfillment of Daniel 9:26a was at the Crucifixion, when the true Messiah, Jesus, made the New Covenant (Matthew 26:28, Hebrews 9:15-17). The future fulfillment of Daniel 9:26a will be when the Antichrist makes a peace treaty, which will be the fulfillment of the covenant in Daniel 9:27 and the league in Daniel 11:23, with a future, ultra-Orthodox Jewish false Messiah in Jerusalem, after he and his followers are defeated by the Antichrist (Daniel 11:22-23). So the future fulfillment of Daniel 9:26a can refer to this false Messiah being "cut off" in the sense of being "covenanted", peace-treatied.

This treaty will allow this false Messiah and his followers to keep a 3rd Jewish temple which they will have built on Jerusalem's Temple Mount (after they or great earthquakes have destroyed the Muslim structures there), and to (mistakenly) continue to perform the daily Mosaic animal sacrifices in front of the temple for at least 7 years (Daniel 9:27a), so long as they give up the outer court of the temple (Revelation 11:2a) to the Muslims, so that the Muslims can rebuild the (by that time destroyed) Al Aqsa Mosque on the southern end of the Temple Mount and resume worship there. After "cutting" this treaty (Daniel 9:26a), the Antichrist could appear before the "many" (Daniel 9:27) nations represented at the U.N. General Assembly, and "confirm" (Daniel 9:27) that for at least 7 years he will keep this treaty with the ultra-Orthodox Jews in Jerusalem, using this as purported proof to the world that he is (in his words) "a man of peace, and no Hitler".

In Daniel 9:27, "he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease" refers to when, only some 3.5 years after making the peace treaty of Daniel 9:26a,27a and Daniel 11:23a, the Antichrist will break the treaty, attack the 3rd temple, stop the daily Mosaic animal sacrifices, place the abomination of desolation (possibly a standing, android image of the Antichrist) in the holy place (the inner sanctum) of the temple (Daniel 11:31, Matthew 24:15), and then sit himself in the temple and proclaim himself God (2 Thessalonians 2:4, Daniel 11:36). Thus could begin the Antichrist's future, literal 3.5-year Luciferian (Satanic) worldwide reign of terror (Revelation 13:4-18, Revelation 12:9; 2 Thessalonians 2:9).

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟293,157.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Has anyone considered that 2014 may be the year the peace treaty is signed? Quote.

If there is any kind of agreement between Israel and the Palestinians, then we should worry, because that may fulfil 1 Thess 5:3...they say: all is peaceful, all secure...
Islamic doctrine allows - encourages, lying to their enemies. [enemies: everyone not Muslim] A 'peace treaty' just gives them the opportunity to make a surprise attack. Then - 'sudden destruction is upon them'. This exactly fulfils Micah 4:11-12 and in Malachi 4:1 & 3, the Lord will 'make them as ashes', by the terrible judgement of fire, prophesied and vividly described throughout the Bible.

Interplanner and ebedmelech, your preterist views contribute nothing to our understanding of Bible prophecy. Guesses as to when these things might have happened, without any support is unprofitable and denies the truth of Bible prophecy for us, now at the end of the Church age.

The treaty made with the "many" in Daniel 9:27, is between the Anti-Christ - obviously because he is the one 'who will put a stop the sacrifice', and with the 'Holy people' Dan 7:25, that is: the righteous Israelites, [all 12 tribes plus those grafted in] who go to live in all of the holy Land after it is cleared and cleansed by the fire judgement.

Upvote 0

L0U

Dec 8, 2005
✟15,419.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Interplanner and ebedmelech, your preterist views contribute nothing to our understanding of Bible prophecy. Guesses as to when these things might have happened, without any support is unprofitable and denies the truth of Bible prophecy for us, now at the end of the Church age.

I'm a futurist and I know the same could be said about us and our views.

Upvote 0

TasManOfGod

Untatted Saint
Sep 15, 2003
Tasmania
✟26,515.00
Faith
Word of Faith

This thought because Kerry is continuously going to the Middle East for peace talks and the Pope just said he will be "changing" the church this year.

No I haven't gone into extreme thought on this and I haven't dove into scripture. Right now I don't have anyone to bounce ideas off of other than yall.
There are a lot of signs pointing to 14/17/21 7 year period

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟425,827.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

Neither our foreign policy nor the Pope Francis' efforts to reform the Catholic Church have anything to do with eschatology. If the global community is able to achieve peace in the Middle East, then that's fantastic but it has no eschatological implications.

What Pope Francis is doing with the Catholic Church is admirable to say the least. I think he's holding a mirror up to all of us - whether we're Catholic or not. He's actually living out the gospel message while most of us merely pay lip service to it while we continue fabricating meaningless connections between thus-and-so to concoct some kind of inane end times theory to make ourselves feel validated.

Upvote 0

PhillipLaSpino

Achieve; don’t plunder!
Nov 17, 2007
U.S.A.
✟8,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Echolipse, I like what you said about 'bouncing thoughts of others."

Let me repeat what ebedmelech asked, "What peace treaty?" Be more specific. Are you speaking of Dan.9:27, "He shall confirm the covenant," or are you refering to another verse?

Phil LaSpino

Upvote 0