East
✟23,894.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
This can be a complicated question. If they are older, the writings themselves would be in the public domaine. But if a publisher, for example, has a new translation done or illustrations or whatever, then they own the rights to that translation up until they expire. I'm not sure but that may apply to any new edition.

So, if you wanted to do something like that you would want to look for older editions. Even then there might be issues if there was an estate who had an interest involved.

I wouldn't be surprised if you could find a lot online already though.

Upvote 0

FullyMT

Veni Sancte Spiritus
Nov 14, 2003
Boston
Visit site
✟8,053.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Depends. If it's on the internet, you're probably safe. Some translations may be under copyright laws, especially if they are accompanied by a commentary from a contemporary theologian. Just make sure you give credit where credit is due and don't sell the information.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟438,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
As far as i know - the Pope, Bishops, and Saints [and Catechism] may be completely copied and pasted in OBOB..and elsewhere in CF.

I dont think it's copy written - or protected.
It is for all to know and see...as their witness.

Upvote 0

princess_ballet

Senior Veteran
Jul 8, 2003
Michigan
✟16,089.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Just to add to what has already been said...

Any older saints, especially those before the 1900s are for sure no longer under copyright. If you purchase a copy of something, that may be under copyright, but even that might be doubtful.

I mean, heck, even Lord of the Rings is not copyrighted anymore. :)

Upvote 0

MoNiCa4316

Totus Tuus
Jun 28, 2007
✟34,687.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Does anyone know about music on YouTube? Apparently if it's copyright they either remove it, or they monetize it or keep track of it... my videos have not been removed, but the music has been found to be copyright, which means it's either been monetized or tracked. I hope that doesn't mean that I'm violating copyright. I asked somewhere and was told that it's okay, because if they didn't remove it, they basically gave permission. Has anyone ever come across this, if you have a youtube channel?

Upvote 0