Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah Isaiah 49:15-16
There's a good and relevant passage! I hadn't thought of it in that connection. But it fits, certainly. It just goes to show that so much of New Testament truth about Christians being secure and cared for in Christ has its roots in the Old Testament. And although it's symbolic rather than literal here, interesting that the imagery of tattooing is undeniably present.
Thanks for pointing out this passage about Gods care for His people!

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
He always cared. He planned sending Jesus from the beginning.

No coincidence that the Romans built 'straight paths' for the gospel to be shared with all nations at that time.

No coincidence a census was issued so Mary and Joseph had to travel to Bethlehem for our Saviour to be born thier to fulfill what He predestined, then revealed hundreds of years prior. His Glory is for all to see in both the natural... sorry, created world and explained in Scripture. All we need to know is there.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Then He loved us enough to send us the Holy Spirit to teach us and bear witness to the things of God. To protect us and convict us. To carry us through the hardest of times with the possibility of having His comfort, peace and joy at the same time. Writing His beautiful and perfect Truth in our hearts.

We are so unworthy of such love. But He cares for us and reconciled us to Him regardless. Hallelujah

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He always cared. He planned sending Jesus from the beginning.

No coincidence that the Romans built 'straight paths' for the gospel to be shared with all nations at that time.

No coincidence a census was issued so Mary and Joseph had to travel to Bethlehem for our Saviour to be born thier to fulfill what He predestined, then revealed hundreds of years prior. His Glory is for all to see in both the natural... sorry, created world and explained in Scripture. All we need to know is there.
Yes, one can see that in Providence the Father was laying down circumstances that would be very helpful in the later spreading of the Gospel. :)

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟456,687.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ezekial 34:26
And I will make them and the places all around my hill a blessing, and I will send down the showers in their season; they shall be showers of blessing.

Which brings me to the song "There Shall be Showers of Blessings". An oldie but a great song that comes across almost every time it rains. And rains. And rains again! :)

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I will make them and the places all around my hill a blessing, and I will send down the showers in their season; they shall be showers of blessing.

Which brings me to the song "There Shall be Showers of Blessings". An oldie but a great song that comes across almost every time it rains. And rains. And rains again! :)

Rain is also very refreshing. I used to dislike rainy weather when I was younger, but nowadays I enjoy it a lot more. Sure, when I bike in heavy rain I am not too fond of it, but most other times I do find it really cozy and pleasent walking in the rain, as well as listening to it at home.

I feel much of the same about windy days lately, even when it get's more stormy-like outside. There is just something very refreshing about feeling the wind in your face, also such a free feeling added to it.

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟456,687.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Rain is also very refreshing. I used to dislike rainy weather when I was younger, but nowadays I enjoy it a lot more. Sure, when I bike in heavy rain I am not too fond of it, but most other times I do find it really cozy and pleasent walking in the rain, as well as listening to it at home.

I feel much of the same about windy days lately, even when it get's more stormy-like outside. There is just something very refreshing about feeling the wind in your face, also such a free feeling added to it.
Yes, that is true! It's refreshing and takes away the staleness of the dryness of the earth. The birds sing louder it seems as if they are singing praises of joy for the rain, too. The wind I'm not too fond of especially the large gusts of winds we had a couple times earlier this week. It was very tornado-ish and makes the hair on your neck stand up! lol But a gentler breeze is refreshing. :)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Good verse! :)

Reminds me of Isaiah 55: '...as the rain cometh down...so shall my word be...'

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Reminds me of 2 Samuel 23.4:

“And he shall be as the light of the morning, when the sun riseth, even a morning without clouds; as the tender grass springing out of the earth by clear shining after rain.”

Thanks for your comments.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, that is true! It's refreshing and takes away the staleness of the dryness of the earth. The birds sing louder it seems as if they are singing praises of joy for the rain, too. The wind I'm not too fond of especially the large gusts of winds we had a couple times earlier this week. It was very tornado-ish and makes the hair on your neck stand up! lol But a gentler breeze is refreshing. :)
Tell them about it in Death Valley, California or the Mojave Desert! :) (I'm sure ppl there have other ways to exemplify God's faithfulness.)

Thanks for your comments. :)

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
PS: Fleetingly even up here there are notions of Death Valley, California around, what with all the heat we have been experiencing....

The warm weather is all part of God faithfulness.

Upvote 0

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟456,687.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
PS: Fleetingly even up here there are notions of Death Valley, California around, what with all the heat we have been experiencing....

The warm weather is all part of God faithfulness.
I know I certainly appreciate the warmer weather compared to the cold winters. Yet I still hear of people complaining of the heat and wanting the cold weather back! :doh:

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know I certainly appreciate the warmer weather compared to the cold winters. Yet I still hear of people complaining of the heat and wanting the cold weather back! :doh:
Well, some Canadian Snowbirds will never be satisfied! :)

But it's good to focus on the faithfulness of the Creator.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

*LILAC

Site Supporter
Jan 22, 2005
✟456,687.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
PS: We are supposed to have had tornados in the district also. (Good for man to remember just how frail and dependent he is...)
We're starting to get some rain now. Storm coming in for this evening.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Amen, reminds me of , Deuteronomy 32:2 , My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distill as the dew, as the small rain on the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass,

I am an avid gardener and I welcome the spring rain. Your post reminded me of a great line in a favorite movie of mine,
“Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.” - Norman Maclean.

God Bless You
Great screen name there! :)

Searching verse there also in Deuteronomy!

Upvote 0