Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Rain is forecast up here all week, but ev the weather and the season is seen the faithfulness of God.

"While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease." (Genesis 8.22)

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Amen, reminds me of , Deuteronomy 32:2 , My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distill as the dew, as the small rain on the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass,

I am an avid gardener and I welcome the spring rain. Your post reminded me of a great line in a favorite movie of mine,
“Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
I am haunted by waters.” - Norman Maclean.

God Bless You

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Amen, reminds me of , Deuteronomy 32:2 , My doctrine shall drop as the rain, my speech shall distill as the dew, as the small rain on the tender herb, and as the showers upon the grass,

I am an avid gardener and I welcome the spring rain. Your post reminded me of a great line in a favorite movie of mine,
“Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

God Bless You
Great verse there; thanks. :)

The Deuteronomy 32 passage is similar to Isaiah 55, 'As the rain cometh down...so shall my word be...'

Upvote 0

Martyr's Crown

Sunflower Jewel
Feb 10, 2017
The Netherlands
✟78,464.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is also raining over here these days, but I think it is fine. There is also a nice quietness outside during rainy days which I at times find soothing. And then; Having rain brings forth more growth in nature, it also becomes greener outside.

Beautiful descriptions in Scripture those bibleverses you found, I read something else similiar to these but right now I don't remember where it was written.

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is also raining over here these days, but I think it is fine. There is also a nice quietness outside during rainy days which I at times find soothing. And then; Having rain brings forth more growth in nature, it also becomes greener outside.

Beautiful descriptions in Scripture those bibleverses you found, I read something else similiar to these but right now I don't remember where it was written.
Maybe from one of the Psalms?

Thanks for your comment.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

God Bless You
PS: John 15 has the spiritually applicable references to the vine and branches also.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

This is kind of the message of Isaiah 55.6-11 also. :)

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Screenshot_20170506-161422.png Screenshot_20170506-161405.png you should google rain and bible verse. There are so many and just 'wow'.

Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
At Church today rain was in a hymn and was in James chapter 5. Briefly remembered this thread.. only for a second.

Still have 'Before the Throne of God above' stuck in my head. The lyrics to that are very well written.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
At Church today rain was in a hymn and was in James chapter 5. Briefly remembered this thread.. only for a second.

Still have 'Before the Throne of God above' stuck in my head. The lyrics to that are very well written.
Thanks for your comment. Yes that hymn is a classic.

Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That wasn't even sung at Church. I had that in my head since 8-9am.
My wife and I sang it recently at special Easter meetings.

I think it really homes in with assurance on the finished work of Christ.

I guess also part of the underlying idea of this thread is that God is indeed faithful to His creation; and so how will He not be so also to His New Creation in Christ Jesus? (2 Corinthians 5.17) :)

Upvote 0