Radio Interview with Dr. Les Rootsey and Richard Fidler (612 ABC)

tgg

Veteran
Jun 19, 2005
Brisbane
Visit site
✟20,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
May 21, 2007
Australia
✟17,094.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I think Anduril answered your biblical arguments for nudist behaviour pretty clearly. I would add that that chapter in Colossians speaks about living in holiness particulary concentrating in v1 it begins by saying set your hearts on things above. I see nothing of your views that are in any way vital to the gospel. Souls are being lost and you're standing there naked admiring the human body?

I realise that the following is going to be insulting but I will be as gentle as I can. Under the way you interpret those passages I could apply the same methodology to Judges 10:20-24 wait in the bushes and find myself the hottest girl to be my wife.

20 So they instructed the Benjamites, saying, "Go and hide in the vineyards 21 and watch. When the girls of Shiloh come out to join in the dancing, then rush from the vineyards and each of you seize a wife from the girls of Shiloh and go to the land of Benjamin. 22 When their fathers or brothers complain to us, we will say to them, 'Do us a kindness by helping them, because we did not get wives for them during the war, and you are innocent, since you did not give your daughters to them.' " 23 So that is what the Benjamites did. While the girls were dancing, each man caught one and carried her off to be his wife. Then they returned to their inheritance and rebuilt the towns and settled in them.
24 At that time the Israelites left that place and went home to their tribes and clans, each to his own inheritance.

But of course that passages is a series in the OT that speaks of not making stupid promises to God...as Jesus says in the NT...do not make oaths because that is sinful, just say Yes, and go and do it. (paraphrased quite badly)

I suggest you obtain a copy of how to read the bible for all it's worth by Dr Gordon Fee. I would suggest a lot of praying on your part, because and forgive me, I'm not sure at all how close to the spirit you are.

I am fully aware we are called not to judge...but we are told to rebuke our brothers in love. If you are truly our brother in Christ, you will listen.

Peace

Upvote 0