• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Featured Radical Muslims Murder 32 Nigerian Christians, Torch Church in Brutal Attack

Discussion in 'Current News & Events' started by 98cwitr, Mar 16, 2019.

1. 98cwitr

98cwitr Lord forgive me Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+1,335
    Baptist
    Married
    • Prayers Prayers x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Oscarr

Oscarr Senior Veteran Supporter

+5,777
    New Zealand
    Pentecostal
    Married
    We must remember that radical Christians during the Crusades, murdered plenty of Muslims in Palestine when they invaded that area. Radical Jews in the first century used to gather around innocent Roman citizens in crowds and secretly stab them to death.

If this post is a response to the ones concerning the killing of Muslims in Christchurch NZ, then it doesn't wash, because it is not a reason to support the murdering of innocent people of any religious persuasion.

3. Varangian Christian

Varangian Christian Member Supporter

+159
    Canada
    Christian
    Single
    What kind of sick post is this?

Lord have mercy on His children. May they find rest in the Church in Heaven.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. devin553344

devin553344 Enlighten our lives dear Lord

+994
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    This is truly disturbing news. I was hoping the killing of Christians was over, but it isn't. It reminds me of the 5th seal in revelation I think.

5. 98cwitr

98cwitr Lord forgive me Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+1,335
    Baptist
    Married
    Not in response...simply bringing current news, in particular slaughtered brothers and sisters in Christ, to this forum.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Varangian Christian

+159
    Canada
    Christian
    Single
    It is unfortunate that we in the West take for granted the safety of Christians, when around the world they are still being martyred by the hundreds of thousands and hardly anyone cares.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Dale

Dale Senior Veteran

+637
    Protestant
    Single
    US-Democrat

Christians being killed in remote parts of the world don't get much attention in the US.

Here is a scene I witnessed a few years ago. I was in a Christian bookstore looking at the books. While I was there, a woman came in, looked over many of the books in the store and asked the clerk if the store had any books on persecution of Christians in the modern world. The clerk looked stumped and said, "It seems like we should." But the store had nothing to offer on that topic.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  8. redleghunter

redleghunter Thank You Jesus! Supporter

+25,978
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    Wow!

9. archer75

archer75 Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,140
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    In my real-life experience, many American Christians have trouble thinking of anyone who is not an American evangelical as a Christian.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Prayers Prayers x 2
    • List
  10. Douger

Douger Veteran

+754
    Christian
    Too much. Stop the world already.

11. SoldierOfTheKing

SoldierOfTheKing Christian Spenglerian

+1,945
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    Remember, Muslims are never to be seen as anything but innocent victims, and if a news story appears showing otherwise - "Look! Squirrel! I mean Crusades!"

12. David Cabrera

David Cabrera Well-Known Member

+2,040
    United States
    Christian
    Single
    US-Republican
    The problem is that people don't care what happens in 3rd world countries.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  13. Heavenhome

Heavenhome Well-Known Member

+1,238
    Australia
    Christian
    Single
    This is sadly true, we in the western world often think the world revolves around us. :sigh:

14. Varangian Christian

+159
    Canada
    Christian
    Single
    Indeed. I think though there is also, for some reason, a real lack of wealthy Christians who actually care. I mean, there are enough professing Christians with money that we should be a force in all media.

15. Ignatius the Kiwi

Ignatius the Kiwi Newbie

+1,021
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I do think it interesting we expect violence like this to come out of Africa, because it's Africa. This will barely make the rounds when compared to the Christchurch attack because violence in unstable regions is to be expected. That and it isn't part of the western world.

What is the cause of this violence in Africa exactly? I'm not an expert but it seems like it's tribalistic. Hundreds of ethnic groups, a country split between Muslim and Christian, some 500 or so languages, an Unstable and corrupt government.

Sounds like a nightmare to manage effectively by anyone, let alone ensure the security of the people.

The Crusades are more complicated than you make them out to be. They were not wholly unjustified. Certain battles and actions by the Crusaders were unjustified however.

16. FireDragon76

FireDragon76 Mystery Worshipper Supporter

+8,929
    United States
    Lutheran
    Legal Union (Other)
    US-Democrat
    The problems in Nigeria are more complicated than the simple story of innocent Christians being killed by Muslim bogiemen.

17. Hank77

Hank77 Well-Known Member Supporter

+8,986
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Others
    • Prayers Prayers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+1,551
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    • Prayers Prayers x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Sparagmos

Sparagmos Well-Known Member

+1,551
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Huh? Muslims are the group most likely to be assumed a terrorist, are the most heavily profiled at airports and public places, and our president has even cited their religion when banning refugees from certain countries. Muslims are regularly vilified on right wing news sites.

20. redleghunter

redleghunter Thank You Jesus! Supporter

+25,978
    United States
    Christian
    Married
    I believe a lot of the attention is due to transnational terror groups.