Racists Are Recruiting. Watch Your White Sons.

The_Barmecide

Oct 10, 2019
Idaho
✟14,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'm familiar with Diangelo. I've watched a number of her college tour speeches.

I would say that it's her brand of anti-white rhetoric that is fueling the racially tinged backlash to 'woke' P.C. culture & Intersectionalism.

I don't like DiAngelo's implied conclusions from "White Fragility" but what I DID find interesting was that indeed the minute white people are asked to dig deeper into their own implicit racism that they become extremely defensive. Which is a perfectly natural response, but it should really be that we take more to heart our POSSIBLE failures in the area and work harder to be better people.

Upvote 0

BeholdenGlory

Oct 15, 2019
New York
✟17,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Barmecide;

How is racism by whites today disproportionately worse than the racial denigration received by whites, especially when considering a substantial amount of the racial vitriol recieved by whites is from other whites.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Well clearly something exists if the reaction to it is this tangible.

A cursory reading of history would suggest that's not the case.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

BeholdenGlory

Oct 15, 2019
New York
✟17,635.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Barmecide;

Regarding schools, would you force whites into public schools? Would you ban other schooling options? Homeschooling?

Regarding justice reform, I agree with ending the war on drugs as we know it, but there is no statistical evidence showing that the races commit violent crimes at roughly the same rate per capita.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,185.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
If bias towards white people wasn't being mainstream & normalized in society, then how would you explain this type of reaction to such an innocuous statement?

Context is a thing that exists.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Parents need to understand how white supremacists prey on teen boys, so they can intervene.

Raising teenagers can be terrifying. Our squishy little babies become awkward hormonal creatures who question our authority at every turn.

I expected that. What I didn’t predict was that my sons’ adolescence would include being drawn to the kind of online content that right-wing extremists use to recruit so many young men.

Opinion | Racists Are Recruiting. Watch Your White Sons.
Racism is not just a white thing, there are racists of all colors who are recruiting children of all colors.

Upvote 0

The_Barmecide

Oct 10, 2019
Idaho
✟14,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Barmecide;

Regarding schools, would you force whites into public schools? Would you ban other schooling options? Homeschooling?

People can put their kids where they want for eduction, but you should NOT get a voucher allowing you to abandon the public school system's funding.

I pay my taxes in hopes that it goes to funding public education even though I don't have kids (and never will). Why? Because a well-educated society will benefit ALL of us. As such no one should be able to opt out of supporting that public education.

Regarding justice reform, I agree with ending the war on drugs as we know it, but there is no statistical evidence showing that the races commit violent crimes at roughly the same rate per capita.

Actually there IS:
For example:
Comparing Black and White Drug Offenders: Implications for Racial Disparities in Criminal Justice and Reentry Policy and Programming

Indeed a black man arrested for a crime is also far more likely to be sentenced to a much harsher crime than a white person for the same crime.

Unless one can make a solid case that black men are ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE more dangerous than white men one is going to have a tough time explaining this:

lifetime-likelihood.png

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
This technical equivalence between racism against minorities and racism against the majority has always confused me. Since systemic racism is best viewed statistically (really the ONLY way to view it), how on earth can the majority who, statistically, enjoys a nearly infinite supply of privilege be "negatively impacted" by racism against them?
What are some of these privileges you enjoy as a white person that I don’t enjoy as a black person?
I have NEVER heard a racist slur against white people that really "affected" me. Seriously. Cracker? C'mon! That has no impact on me. Honky? All I think of is 1970's parodies.
The thing about racial slurs is it has no more power than you are willing to give it. You might not give those words you mentioned any power but that doesn’t mean the next white guy won’t. Any black person who gives the N-word the level of power you give the C and H words, will not be bothered by the N-word either. But that is a personal thing, not a societal thing.

Statistically speaking I as a white male will have had SO MANY more things made easier for me just by default than I will ever be aware of. (Cue anecdotal whines now).
What are some of these things that are made easier for you as a white person that are not easier for me as a black person?

Reactions: BeholdenGlory
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I don't like DiAngelo's implied conclusions from "White Fragility" but what I DID find interesting was that indeed the minute white people are asked to dig deeper into their own implicit racism that they become extremely defensive. Which is a perfectly natural response, but it should really be that we take more to heart our POSSIBLE failures in the area and work harder to be better people.
But everybody should do this regardless of race. When only one race is singled out to do this; heck yeah it is offensive!

Upvote 0

The_Barmecide

Oct 10, 2019
Idaho
✟14,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
But everybody should do this regardless of race. When only one race is singled out to do this; heck yeah it is offensive!

Maybe I'm not as worried about my life with 99% of the advantages while some, based solely on race, have almost none. I can't get worried about 1% I don't get.

It's not offensive to me in the slightest.

Upvote 0

The_Barmecide

Oct 10, 2019
Idaho
✟14,814.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
What are some of these privileges you enjoy as a white person that I don’t enjoy as a black person?

I have a much lower chance of being sent to prison for the same offense that you might be arrested for (statistics show this).

I will have a lifetime lower chance of being imprisoned overall (1/10 white guys whereas 1/3 black guys will be in prison at some point).

I will NEVER be assumed to be in my position at work because of some "diversity hire" concept. No one will question why I am in the lab.

I will, on average, have a much better economic existence across my entire life. I'll make more money than you on average and I'll make MUCH more money than your wife, your mother or your sisters.

I will spend almost no time, ever, being randomly stopped by police for some "suspicion" or I "look like a suspect in crime x..."

I will NEVER (N-E-V-E-R) be stopped for driving through a nice neighborhood just because I'm there.

What are some of these things that are made easier for you as a white person that are not easier for me as a black person?

2017_HouseholdIncomeByRace.png

But please, definitely tell me all about anecdotal data. That will be really impressive to hear about.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,165.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Antifa a serious hate group recruits many times more than the boogey man white supremacy movement in the US

same song, different day.

In the 60’s it was a group of white men aligned with the Democratic Party, in white hoods physically attacking people they didn’t like. They used violence and intimidate to stop freedom of speech and expression

fast forward to today. It’s a group of mostly white men and woman aligned with the Democratic Party physically attacking people they don’t like. They use violence and intimidation to stop free speech and expression.

• Agree
Reactions: BeholdenGlory
Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Antifa a serious hate group recruits many times more than the boogey man white supremacy movement in the US

same song, different day.

In the 60’s it was a group of white men aligned with the Democratic Party, in white hoods physically attacking people they didn’t like. They used violence and intimidate to stop freedom of speech and expression

And now the men in the White hoods vote Republican... agreed -- same song, different day.

• Winner
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
“After the party, we’ll all take painkillers and go out on the street looking for immigrants to beat up. It’s fantastic.”

How real is that quote?

I suspect it's a paraphrase... the author illustrating that young men looking to belong find a group of "friends" and only later learning their ideology...

People in the mind frame where they think dosing up on painkillers and beating up random immigrant looking folks are also the type of folks who employ more...colorful language, when discussing, "immigrants".

Could be you're taking things a bit too literally... you've missed the point utterly.

Although to the point that fringe social groups recruit from those disaffected from society, that is true.

And the point, once again, is that they don't identify themselves as members of a fringe social group until after that disaffected youth is already reeled in.

Which is why things like cancel culture and deplatforming are really counter-productive towards maintaining social cohesion, because they are effectively recruitment drives for fringe groups of all agendas and backgrounds.

Indeed, it is and will always be someone else's fault that such groups exist... look at all the nasty things cancel culture and deplatforming made them do... it's not as if we could ever hold neo-nazis (*gasp*) responsible for their own deplorable actions... no, no, no... that will never do.

Or... we could just agree that Nazis and jihadists are bad people, have nobody but themselves to blame, and that explaining their origins in no way excuses them...

But where would we be if we did that?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

Apr 15, 2012
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Tom, do you think all the backlash to diversity we've seen in the West in recent years is due solely to ignorance?

I suspect mostly it's fear. Society is changing, some people fear change, they hate what they fear, and need a scapegoat.

• Winner
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I have a much lower chance of being sent to prison for the same offense that you might be arrested for (statistics show this).
Poor people get harsher sentences than people with money. Black people on average have less money. Also black people tend to live in more dense Urban areas. Dense Urban areas (especially high crime areas) are more heavily policed than Rural areas. When people live closer to each other, the police can monitor more people more often. In heavily policed areas people committing crimes are caught more often. When you consider the murder rate of black people is 4 times the National average

Murder Rate for Black Americans Is Four Times the National Average | HuffPost

and 97% of Black homicide is from other black people, and Homicide is the 4th leading cause of death for black people, for whites it doesn’t even make the top 10.

https://cchealth.org/health-data/hospital-council/2010/pdf/12_lcd_by_race_and_ethnicity.pdf

if you are going to look strictly at the averages, there is obviously something going on with crime and the black community, and it has nothing to do with racism.

I will have a lifetime lower chance of being imprisoned overall (1/10 white guys whereas 1/3 black guys will be in prison at some point).
The cops aren’t pulling these people out of church ya know. A lot of black people live in high crime neighborhoods. People in those neighborhoods will be arrested at a much higher rate than those living in low crime neighborhoods.

I will NEVER be assumed to be in my position at work because of some "diversity hire" concept. No one will question why I am in the lab.
If I am in a lab due to some “diversity hire” concept, and this is an option for me, but not for you, this is more of a privilege for me not you.

I will, on average, have a much better economic existence across my entire life. I'll make more money than you on average and I'll make MUCH more money than your wife, your mother or your sisters.
Yes. On average, white people make more money than blacks; they also have a much lower drop out rate, more likely to go to college, which usually leads to better jobs….. unless I am Nigerian. Nigerian Immigrants are the highest educated class in the USA with 17% having masters degrees (compared to 8% of whites)

Data show Nigerians the most educated in the U.S.

This is higher than Asians. They also have a higher average household income than whites. Now why aren’t black americans able to accomplish this? I suspect it has a lot to do with culture, not racism.

I will spend almost no time, ever, being randomly stopped by police for some "suspicion" or I "look like a suspect in crime x..."
Neither do I.

I will NEVER (N-E-V-E-R) be stopped for driving through a nice neighborhood just because I'm there.
Neither will I. As a matter of fact, I know lots of black people; many who live in nice neighborhoods and I’ve never heard of a case where as any of them were stopped by the cops for driving in a nice neighborhood.

2017_HouseholdIncomeByRace.png

But please, definitely tell me all about anecdotal data. That will be really impressive to hear about.
As far as the average household income, only 38% of black children live with both parents (compared to 73% of white children)
Census Bureau: Higher Percentage of Black Children Live with Single Mothers | Afro
When you have such a high percentage of households headed by one parent (usually the mother) that household income will be much lower. I remember a link (that I unfortunately cannot find) that compared the income of black nuclear families vs white nuclear families (nuclear families being 2 parent households) and the difference was something like 8%. Kinda hard to blame the black single motherhood thing on white racism.

Upvote 0

Ken-1122

Jan 30, 2011
✟225,690.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Maybe I'm not as worried about my life with 99% of the advantages
99% of the advantages? I’ve got a feeling you don’t have nearly the advantages you think you have

while some, based solely on race, have almost none.
And who are these people who have almost none?

I can't get worried about 1% I don't get.

It's not offensive to me in the slightest.
When one group is singled out and told they are responsible for all the changes needed to take place, YOU might be okay with that, but most people aren’t; are rightly so.[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0