Jesus is Lord.
Dec 13, 2012
Canada
✟43,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Im writing this post based on the two posts I saw on here about not liking being their ethnicity. My pastor gave me very good advice once. We are both from an East African country. Dont let racism affect you in anyway. There are people who are racist, but then there are people who just want to use racism to make other people feel bad. Either way dont let someone control you that way. If they call you the n word, make monkey noises whatever, its to their own shame. Dont let it affect you because its a testimony against them, not you. Jesus came to die for the sins of the whole world, it doesnt matter what your skin color is. *staff edit*. Its easy to stereotype other people, even people who have the same skin color as you. But dont believe what the entertainment industry or what the news or mainstream media says about other races especially black people. Im from Canada, and I was shocked how african americans are viewed in politics and mainstream media. Everyone is an indepedent person, dont follow what the western culture says about you, Jesus loves you as a person. I first heard about the "black church" and the "white church" when I moved to america, and its pretty shameful because there is no such thing. There is only one church. Jesus died for you. Also the problems that African Americans face isnt so much unemployment in America but its their public perception in the main stream media. God isnt a respector of persons, he doesnt look after the flesh its the heart that he judges so dont look at racism look at Jesus Christ the author and finisher of our faith!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟80,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Color 2.jpg Color.jpg Color doesn't matter.jpg Color Separates Laundry.jpg
Color racism-is-something-you-learn-not-something-born-with.jpg Color is beautiful.jpg

Upvote 0

Invalidusername

May 11, 2018
Battle Creek
✟70,201.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I can tell you from experience from falling into racism is that it's something people with low self esteem do. I hated myself so much that it helped to hate others. It's not even a conscious decision. It's just something angry, hurting people are prone to do.

Just rremember Jesus also died for racists too so don't give up on them. Deep inside they are ashamed of their racism but they won't admit it til God reveals it to them.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not a single disagreement aside from nature versus nurture. I believe it's a combination of both that influences our behaviors. But neither are an excuse for immorality and mistreatment. Especially in a developed society as advanced as ours where we've had relatively secured environments and moral understanding.

I think it's difficult for the United States as a nation and Americans as a people to let race go. Since the beginning it has plagued our politics and society. It took a civil war to end slavery, violence in the streets and deaths of famous men to end segregation. Seems there's a long distance to reach before people can leave the past as history. But it's understandable why Americans of African descendant feel the way they do, the racism continues to dominate our history and affects them. Same is true for how Americans of European descendant feel too, it's their history and identity. What's necessary is understanding the affect it has on all of us, compassion and forgiveness but also honesty and truth.

Absolutely not any person should be put and held down by superficial differences. If you're of African descendant nothing is wrong about it. Same is true if you're of European descendant. Similarities among certain people doesn't justify targeting the whole because of one either. Though people share traits, we're not a hive collective acting as mindless drones. Enough uniqueness exists for each person as an individual, it's on this basis we should reserve judgment. All people should be treated fairly and mercifully as we would have ourselves. I agree it's sad the Church is divided this way, and many other ways too; Jesus nourished and left a single church as his body, look how we neglect and abuse it.

Upvote 0

bhayes

Jesus is Lord.
Dec 13, 2012
Canada
✟43,216.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not a single disagreement aside from nature versus nurture. I believe it's a combination of both that influences our behaviors. But neither are an excuse for immorality and mistreatment. Especially in a developed society as advanced as ours where we've had relatively secured environments and moral understanding.

I think it's difficult for the United States as a nation and Americans as a people to let race go. Since the beginning it has plagued our politics and society. It took a civil war to end slavery, violence in the streets and deaths of famous men to end segregation. Seems there's a long distance to reach before people can leave the past as history. But it's understandable why Americans of African descendant feel the way they do, the racism continues to dominate our history and affects them. Same is true for how Americans of European descendant feel too, it's their history and identity. What's necessary is understanding the affect it has on all of us, compassion and forgiveness but also honesty and truth.

Absolutely not any person should be put and held down by superficial differences. If you're of African descendant nothing is wrong about it. Same is true if you're of European descendant. Similarities among certain people doesn't justify targeting the whole because of one either. Though people share traits, we're not a hive collective acting as mindless drones. Enough uniqueness exists for each person as an individual, it's on this basis we should reserve judgment. All people should be treated fairly and mercifully as we would have ourselves. I agree it's sad the Church is divided this way, and many other ways too; Jesus nourished and left a single church as his body, look how we neglect and abuse it.

I agree, well said!

Upvote 0