Chicago
✟875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
Some divides are to far to cross for a simple-minded geologist. If I were given to prayer, which I'm not, I'd offer one on your behalf tonight. Go safely. Give some thought to striving for greater empathy.

Oh you are STEM too? Yea, it "went over my head as well" maybe its a STEM thing... books and education may have messed up our thinking...

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
No you listing the colors bred more confusion.
Nah, ya got it.
You could have just said Americans, or hyphenated the group of Americans you were speaking about.
Sure I could have. You asked about color however. But
I figured that's why you asked Just for all this......
And I was asking you why couldn't you have just said "Indian American, Asian American..." instead of colors. As I said, you describing the color wheel was more confusing than if you just named the ethnicities.
Because you asked what the colors were. I mean hey I apart from Albino perhaps who is really white.

You are not "we", and whether or not you have the cognition to recognize something does not legitimize its existence. So you can be blissfully ignorant of many things (as is the case with many Americans with "racism") and those things will still exist.

LOL
Why do you jump to conclusions? I am sure it does exist, I have seen racism in the violence last summer.
I suppose ignorance can be a protection as well... you should be glad that you have the luxury not to see what is allegedly obvious to others with peak, or average cochlear and ophthalmic ability.
Well yes of course. As I said last summer all the looting, and destruction from riots all summer long, Ah so many seen mostly peaceful things. So yeah I hear you, and I seen it too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There is a lot of history that is ignored, dismissed or simply considered false by Americans, and especially what their fathers and grandfathers have done to other Americans with the past 100 years alone.
...which is not the whites of our own times. And why should I have had to point that out?

Not the evil of the world, but we can't keep trying to diminish the atrocities of our grandparents (while we profit from their exploitation without needing to realize our gain).
Guilt by association, eh?

Oh, and let's remember that we're supposed to believe that no white ever did anything that benefitted a member of another race...and that no black people ever have done the same things as are being laid at the feet of whites by this line of thought.

On a human level, this has to be easy to understand - that a group that benefits off of the subjugation of another group is going to cause animosity.
Sure. And this campaign simply STIPULATES that one group did that and the other never did. Both are false but serve to break down the culture and pit classes, ethnic groups, and races against each other.

• Agree
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
...which is not the whites of our own times. And why should I have had to point that out?

Oh, and let's remember that we're supposed to believe that no white ever did anything that benefitted a member of another race...and that no black people ever have done the same things as are being laid at the feet of whites by this line of thought.

Sure. And this campaign simply STIPULATES that one group did that and the other never did. Both are false but serve to break down the culture and pit classes, ethnic groups, and races against each other.

Albion skin color has become a no no in this thread. hm unless white is not considered a color?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
So, apparently racial bias is fueling war mongering by white Americans. At least in these guys view.

No, it's what the data show. Though I expect the author would prefer "significantly more likely to endorse aggressive military interventions" to the 'war-mongering' that an editor put in the title.

Funny though they use broad sweeping generalizations with no specific facts.

For example, people with racist attitudes favored more aggressive action against Iran. Thirty-five percent would support bombing Iranian suspected nuclear development sites, compared with 15% of whites with less racist attitudes and 31% of white Americans overall.

That is a specific fact.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
No, it's what the data show. Though I expect the author would prefer "significantly more likely to endorse aggressive military interventions" to the 'war-mongering' that an editor put in the title.

For example, people with racist attitudes favored more aggressive action against Iran. Thirty-five percent would support bombing Iranian suspected nuclear development sites, compared with 15% of whites with less racist attitudes and 31% of white Americans overall.

That is a specific fact.
How did they define "racist attitudes"?

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
How did they define "racist attitudes"?

Quoted in the OP "Specifically, we examined their responses to the “racial resentment” scale. Social scientists use this meticulously tested set of questions to assess anti-Black prejudice in the post-civil rights era."

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Racial bias is fuelling war-mongering among White Americans

So, apparently racial bias is fueling war mongering by white Americans. At least in these guys view. Funny though they use broad sweeping generalizations with no specific facts.

Here's a snippet.

Specifically, we examined their responses to the “racial resentment” scale. Social scientists use this meticulously tested set of questions to assess anti-Black prejudice in the post-civil rights era. In recent decades, white Americans have become less willing to express explicitly racist views, such as opposing interracial marriage or supporting segregation. But they may still harbor bigoted perceptions, doubting Black Americans’ work ethic or commitment to self-reliance, for example.

Then they go on to say stuff about white racists, but fail to say or define just what percentage of white Americans are racist. They don't say anything about black, Hispanic or Asian racists and how they feel about anything. It's just whites. So once again we find liberals finding white people to be bad and white people are all a bunch of racists. We don't have any reason to be against China. It's all because we have racial bias against Asians.

We also apparently have no reason to be concerned about Iran getting nukes except for our racist attitude.

Actions mean nothing, the color of your skin means everything.

Attacks against white people just keep coming. We are are the evil in the world.
Blaming all the problems on liberals or conservatives is also unhealthy bias. There has been too much hatred. When I was young there was strife in Northern Ireland between Catholics and Protestants; they are both white. I remember growing up in the 60’s and 70’s. There was mistrust between the northern and southern states after the Civil War a hundred years earlier.

Paul was able to bring Jews and Greeks together sometimes even though they were different ethnicities. Jesus taught about the Samaritan who went down from Jerusalem to Jericho. That is about 17 miles of mountainous road. He saw someone who had been beaten by robbers down on the road. The Samaritan loaded the victim onto his pack animal. The Samaritan transported the stranger to an inn and paid for the man’s lodging. The Jews and Samaritans were separate peoples. They both had the Torah, but the Samaritans worshipped on Mt. Gerazim, while the Jews worshipped at the Herodian temple in Jerusalem. The Samaritans were mixed race. The Jews had some converts, but were more likely to be of Semitic stock. Jesus said this Samaritan knew to obey the commandment to love your neighbor as yourself. The golden rule is to treat others the way you would like to be treated.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
You mean the Iran that calls for the destruction of Israel and calls for jihad against the US and advocates for our destruction?......That Iran?.......and it surprises you that some people here want MORE aggressive action against Iran?.......REALLY?........what rock have you been living under?

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Racial bias is fuelling war-mongering among White Americans

So, apparently racial bias is fueling war mongering by white Americans. At least in these guys view. Funny though they use broad sweeping generalizations with no specific facts.

Here's a snippet.

Specifically, we examined their responses to the “racial resentment” scale. Social scientists use this meticulously tested set of questions to assess anti-Black prejudice in the post-civil rights era. In recent decades, white Americans have become less willing to express explicitly racist views, such as opposing interracial marriage or supporting segregation. But they may still harbor bigoted perceptions, doubting Black Americans’ work ethic or commitment to self-reliance, for example.

Then they go on to say stuff about white racists, but fail to say or define just what percentage of white Americans are racist. They don't say anything about black, Hispanic or Asian racists and how they feel about anything. It's just whites. So once again we find liberals finding white people to be bad and white people are all a bunch of racists. We don't have any reason to be against China. It's all because we have racial bias against Asians.

We also apparently have no reason to be concerned about Iran getting nukes except for our racist attitude.

Actions mean nothing, the color of your skin means everything.

Attacks against white people just keep coming. We are are the evil in the world.
I seen also the "Muslim Ban". There was no "muslim ban" It was certain countries which they had no way to safely vet their people.

Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Quoted in the OP "Specifically, we examined their responses to the “racial resentment” scale. Social scientists use this meticulously tested set of questions to assess anti-Black prejudice in the post-civil rights era."
Guess you missed the earlier posts where it is pointed out that this 'study' is all based on a survey........

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
You mean the Iran that calls for the destruction of Israel and calls for jihad against the US and advocates for our destruction?......That Iran?.......and it surprises you that some people here want MORE aggressive action against Iran?.......REALLY?........what rock have you been living under?

Save your energy. The point is not whether wanting to bomb bomb Iran is right or wrong. The study has discovered, as a matter of fact, that white people with racial resentment are more likely to want to bomb Iran than white people without those resentments.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Guess you missed the earlier posts where it is pointed out that this 'study' is all based on a survey........

Guess you missed the entire point of the study. The survey results are what they are studying.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Save your energy. The point is not whether wanting to bomb bomb Iran is right or wrong. The study has discovered, as a matter of fact, that white people with racial resentment are more likely to want to bomb Iran than white people without those resentments.
Where in the study does it demonstrate that?

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Guess you missed the entire point of the study. The survey results are what they are studying.
Then that is not a study especially since there is no comparative value to to compare it against......

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟752,619.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Actually many people who voted for Trump are isolationist in their outlook towards foreign policy. Whether it is both Bush administrations Middle East wars, Clinton’s bombing of Serbia, the “Arab Spring” debacle etc., the desire was to get the US out of foreign entanglements and revive the US economy so ALL Americans would benefit.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟827,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Where in the study does it demonstrate that?

I already showed you:

That is a specific fact.

Then that is not a study especially since there is no comparative value to to compare it against......

See emphasis above. There is a comparative value.

Upvote 0