Racial Bias Fueling Warrmongering

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,454.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Racial bias is fuelling war-mongering among White Americans

So, apparently racial bias is fueling war mongering by white Americans. At least in these guys view. Funny though they use broad sweeping generalizations with no specific facts.

Here's a snippet.

Specifically, we examined their responses to the “racial resentment” scale. Social scientists use this meticulously tested set of questions to assess anti-Black prejudice in the post-civil rights era. In recent decades, white Americans have become less willing to express explicitly racist views, such as opposing interracial marriage or supporting segregation. But they may still harbor bigoted perceptions, doubting Black Americans’ work ethic or commitment to self-reliance, for example.

Then they go on to say stuff about white racists, but fail to say or define just what percentage of white Americans are racist. They don't say anything about black, Hispanic or Asian racists and how they feel about anything. It's just whites. So once again we find liberals finding white people to be bad and white people are all a bunch of racists. We don't have any reason to be against China. It's all because we have racial bias against Asians.

We also apparently have no reason to be concerned about Iran getting nukes except for our racist attitude.

Actions mean nothing, the color of your skin means everything.

Attacks against white people just keep coming. We are are the evil in the world.

The Narrow Way

Master Herbalist
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2011
Ohio
Visit site
✟150,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

So, apparently racial bias is fueling war mongering by white Americans. At least in these guys view. Funny though they use broad sweeping generalizations with no specific facts.

Here's a snippet.

Specifically, we examined their responses to the “racial resentment” scale. Social scientists use this meticulously tested set of questions to assess anti-Black prejudice in the post-civil rights era. In recent decades, white Americans have become less willing to express explicitly racist views, such as opposing interracial marriage or supporting segregation. But they may still harbor bigoted perceptions, doubting Black Americans’ work ethic or commitment to self-reliance, for example.

Then they go on to say stuff about white racists, but fail to say or define just what percentage of white Americans are racist. They don't say anything about black, Hispanic or Asian racists and how they feel about anything. It's just whites. So once again we find liberals finding white people to be bad and white people are all a bunch of racists. We don't have any reason to be against China. It's all because we have racial bias against Asians.

We also apparently have no reason to be concerned about Iran getting nukes except for our racist attitude.

Attacks against white people just keep coming. We are are the evil in the world.
These people continually add FUEL to the already RAGING fire...it's going to get bad...

• Agree
Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟336,454.00
Faith
Pentecostal
These people continually add FUEL to the already RAGING fire...it's going to get bad...

We have to keep.aware and keep fighting against this nonsense. Otherwise it will get bad if we just let it go.

Upvote 0

Taisho

Jun 19, 2021
Chicago
✟875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single

There is a lot of history that is ignored, dismissed or simply considered false by Americans, and especially what their fathers and grandfathers have done to other Americans with the past 100 years alone. Not the evil of the world, but we can't keep trying to diminish the atrocities of our grandparents (while we profit from their exploitation without needing to realize our gain). On a human level, this has to be easy to understand - that a group that benefits off of the subjugation of another group is going to cause animosity. This is especially true if we keep saying it isn't the case when it clearly is; the gymnastics done to separate ourselves from the atrocities and "evil" is an insult to intelligent human beings.

There have not been nearly as many attacks on whites as we would like to believe - especially compared to asians, blacks and latinos. Neither of those aforementioned groups benefit from the subjugation of whites, but the opposite is most certainly true historically in America.

The simple solution would be to eat through the discomfort and see others as humans and equal. When animals are treated better than humans, and it is justified, then we should expect some sort of push-back. It's human nature, and we demerit ourselves by assuming the behavior is out of place considering the history.

Upvote 0

Jaedan

Take this brother may it serve you well
Jun 30, 2020
Somewhere in the Midwest
✟61,413.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Recalcitrant Procrastinating Ape
Nov 12, 2008
✟239,893.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Then they go on to say stuff about white racists, but fail to say or define just what percentage of white Americans are racist. They don't say anything about black, Hispanic or Asian racists and how they feel about anything. It's just whites.
I am puzzled by why you would expect a study that was specifically examing the attitudes of white Americans to provide information on non-white Americans.

So once again we find liberals finding white people to be bad and white people are all a bunch of racists.
I cannot find such a claim in the study. Can you direct me to the correct page?

Upvote 0

Taisho

Jun 19, 2021
Chicago
✟875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
I am puzzled by why you would expect a study that was specifically examing the attitudes of white Americans to provide information on non-white Americans.

Isn't that the meat of the REAL problem, though? A bunch of people hearing a bunch of stuff from a bunch of people (who really don't know where they are in the universe anyway), and then extrapolating those connotations to EVERYONE - then saying "prove me wrong because [insert inflated statistic here]"?

I don't see how anyone can make any generalization about anything. Even faith is... faith. Knowledge is axiomatic and theories can fail - so really nothing on this plane of existence can be said for certain (i.e. without condition), and embracing broad-sweeping generalizations as truth is precisely what causes the animosity between tribes and peoples.

• Agree
Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟239,893.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Isn't that the meat of the REAL problem, though? A bunch of people hearing a bunch of stuff from a bunch of people (who really don't know where they are in the universe anyway), and then extrapolating those connotations to EVERYONE - then saying "prove me wrong because [insert inflated statistic here]"?

I don't see how anyone can make any generalization about anything. Even faith is... faith. Knowledge is axiomatic and theories can fail - so really nothing on this plane of existence can be said for certain (i.e. without condition), and embracing broad-sweeping generalizations as truth is precisely what causes the animosity between tribes and peoples.
Indeed. I could, with slightly different wording, easily have written that myself. Including the witty inclusion of a generalisation implying people can't make generlisations.

On the other hand, when you feel your way of life is threatened, when your beliefs are not only challenged but belittled, when the world seems falling ever further into chaos, its understandable that you look for simple answers. Unfortunately the simple answers often turn out to be just simplistic. Combine that with the noted human tendency to be much better at saying what's wrong, than saying how to make it right and you have a perfect storm.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟239,893.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Exactly, it's a biased study to foment division.
Oh, please. Don't be ridiculous. You apparently have virtually zero exposure to how research projects are handled. One focuses on specific aspects of an issue to get an accurate picture of part of a larger situation. What is more likely to foment division is ill informed comments such as yours.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Oh, please. Don't be ridiculous. You apparently have virtually zero exposure to how research projects are handled. One focuses on specific aspects of an issue to get an accurate picture of part of a larger situation. What is more likely to foment division is ill informed comments such as yours.
Oh please do some research on racist blacks, browns, yellows, red. As a research project handled correctly.

• Haha
Reactions: Taisho
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟324,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

Here's a snippet.

That's what happens when you allow someone to think themself into a corner.

Upvote 0

Taisho

Jun 19, 2021
Chicago
✟875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
Oh please do some research on racist blacks, browns, yellows, red. As a research project handled correctly.

What are reds, browns and yellows LOL?

I know we have, in this country, grown accustomed to calling people with a lot of melanin "blacks", but what are the others?

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
What are reds, browns and yellows LOL?

I know we have, in this country, grown accustomed to calling people with a lot of melanin "blacks", but what are the others?
seriously?
Reds American indian. Browns Latino, middle eastern etc. Yellow Asian.

Upvote 0

Taisho

Jun 19, 2021
Chicago
✟875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
seriously?

Could you have possibly said those titles as opposed to the colors? Indians and Maori consider themselves bona fide asians. A large chunk of Russia is Asian - and given their typical descriptors I would have pegged the Russians or Chinese as "the reds".

Maybe that is why so many "reds, browns, yellows and blacks" want to go to war - we barely treat them as human, and then we barely give them the individual respect of separating the person from the melanin content. That, plus the fact that we keep telling them that "they are not seeing/hearing what they are seeing/hearing" concerning the animosity in the States.

Interesting...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟201,959.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Could you have possibly said those titles as opposed to the colors?
No, because that is what you asked.
Indians and Maori consider themselves bona fide asians. A large chunk of Russia is Asian - and given their typical descriptors I would have pegged the Russians or Chinese as "the reds".
See there ya go, unless i listed the colors you would not have known
Maybe that is why so many "reds, browns, yellows and blacks" want to go to war - we barely treat them as human, and then we barely give them the individual respect of separating the person from the melanin content.
Who is we? I haven't seen that. We had a war to take care of that a long time ago now.
That, plus the fact that we keep telling them that "they are not seeing/hearing what they are seeing/hearing" concerning the animosity in the States.

Interesting...
Yes it certainly is. I think there is some Jussie Smollet syndrom in there.

Upvote 0

Ophiolite

Nov 12, 2008
✟239,893.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
seriously?
Some divides are to far to cross for a simple-minded geologist. If I were given to prayer, which I'm not, I'd offer one on your behalf tonight. Go safely. Give some thought to striving for greater empathy.

Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟611,873.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution

I cannot find such a claim in the study. Can you direct me to the correct page?
Actually, if you drill down into the links you see this is really not a 'study' but based on a survey.......how scientific.......

Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟752,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
It is an alleged meticulous, scientific etc. poll that surveyed a few thousand people ( out of tens of millions). It sounds like every type of possible racial innuendo was employed to shape the “racist” profile of the respondent to categorize them as a “racist” and voila: any way their opinion is expressed is automatically “racist.” After all, they have a “racial resentment scale” to arrive at their conclusions. There is no mention of opposition to multinational corporate communist partnership or religious terrorism in general as primary reasons. They do acknowledge that “racists” are apathetic when no conflict is happening. So, I guess we assume that nations like China & Iran pose no threat and any possibility of conflict is automatically “racist”.

Reactions: rjs330
Upvote 0

Taisho

Jun 19, 2021
Chicago
✟875.00
Country
United States
Faith
Freethinker
Marital Status
Single
No, because that is what you asked.
See there ya go, unless i listed the colors you would not have known

No you listing the colors bred more confusion. You could have just said Americans, or hyphenated the group of Americans you were speaking about.

And I was asking you why couldn't you have just said "Indian American, Asian American..." instead of colors. As I said, you describing the color wheel was more confusing than if you just named the ethnicities.

Who is we? I haven't seen that.

You are not "we", and whether or not you have the cognition to recognize something does not legitimize its existence. So you can be blissfully ignorant of many things (as is the case with many Americans with "racism") and those things will still exist.

We had a war to take care of that a long time ago now.
Yes it certainly is. I think there is some Jussie Smollet syndrom in there.

LOL

I suppose ignorance can be a protection as well... you should be glad that you have the luxury not to see what is allegedly obvious to others with peak, or average cochlear and ophthalmic ability.

Upvote 0