Rachel Maddow on the Preet Bharara firing. This one looks real!

Is this a criminal conspiracy?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (tell me there is another explanation please)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It's a little dated but really got me spooked. I won't bother with details the video speaks for itself. I'm something of a conspiracy buff and the bane of conspiracy theory is one day you might find a real one. I don't know yet but this one has me on edge:

All I ask is you listen to this crazy thing, or as much as you have time for and tell me what you think.

Grace and peace,
Mark

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I can't listen to Rachel Maddow for that long.
She's one of the more sober and serious talking heads in the 8-11pm time frame.

And unlike most of them, she admits when she was wrong.

Upvote 0

football5680

Feb 6, 2013
Georgia
✟90,322.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
She can be annoying but I'm seriously wondering how serious this is.
It could be a conspiracy but I would like to see a counter-argument before I would decide. Some stuff could just be circumstantial but other stuff would need a good explanation.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
What's the time stamp for when she stops her rambling and gets to the actual story? She opens up every show with this long, pointless story that only connects with the topic if you squint your eyes and bite your tongue.

For someone who likes to disparage other people's sources, that's the equivalent of throwing rocks in a glass house.

• Haha
Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I had been watching the Deutsche Bank, they showed a net loss 1.9 billion Euro loss and they are grossly under capitalized. When the Wall Street banks complain about not having enough capitol it's because they want to play that money on securities and such. Anyway, they have to pay a 1.9 billion dollar settlement in connection with the derivatives that was so much a part of the Great Recession.

She's saying it's involved in money laundering for Russia and others. Some of it seems like mild investigative journalism, dubious real estate deals, and apparently the Southern District is perhaps the most powerful prosecutor power with regards to securities exchange because it's New York. Along with 40 US attorney Preet Bharara was dismissed late on a Friday, actually told to resign, he refused and forced Trump to fire him. Everyone says it's normal to clean house but not like this, especially when Trump's track record of getting appointments done is so weak.

This is the stuff of conspiracy theory but, even though I'm still sorting it out, this one looks like a number of on going criminal conspiracies. Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else was disconcerted by all this.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
For someone who likes to disparage other people's sources, that's the equivalent of throwing rocks in a glass house.

I know you're trying to be clever, what what in the world are you talking about? :scratch:

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It could be a conspiracy but I would like to see a counter-argument before I would decide. Some stuff could just be circumstantial but other stuff would need a good explanation.
I'm really just trying to find something concrete here, I don't see a smoking gun yet. Rachel Maddow is clearly biased, she loves interviewing people like Elizabeth Warren and bashing the President, mostly because he is a clod, not because he has necessarily done anything illegal.

I'm getting increasingly worried about the possible damage Trump could do to our reputation abroad. They lie to us, from Johnson and the Tonkin Bay incident to weapons of mass destruction to, 'I never had sex with that woman'. I'm embarrassed to say the only thing that gives me any comfort with this administration is that I think Trump is already a lame duck. That's a sad state of affairs and God help us if any of this smoke turns out to be fire. All we need is another stupid scandal or, God forbid, another impeachment debacle.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

She just seems like a liberal Rush Limbaugh, I get a kick out of her. In one of her comical little commentaries she shows Trump at an executive order signing, saying they look like menu folders. He walks in, they ask him about Flynn and he just walks out. Pence picks up the order and follows him out the door, I guess he signed it latter.

I'm not kidding Ucog., this stuff is actually starting to worry me. I was actually hoping someone would tell me I'm just taking a little politically motivated satire too seriously.

When she starts talking about the Deutsche Bank, and I already have grave concerns about their investment practices I start to get worried.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I know you're trying to be clever, what what in the world are you talking about? :scratch:

She is like a liberal version of Glenn Beck. Except instead of using a chalkboard, she rambles on for 20 minutes at a time providing "context." For crying out loud, when she had a tax return of Trump's, the white house got tired of waiting for her to get around to it on her show and revealed the information themselves.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
She is like a liberal version of Glenn Beck.

:doh:

Except instead of using a chalkboard, she rambles on for 20 minutes at a time providing "context."

Yeah, I get it. Some of you don't like the way she weaves history into contemporary reporting. In today's soundbite/talk radio world it's much more popular (for some) to just shout stuff than to speak clearly and cogently for five minutes.

For crying out loud, when she had a tax return of Trump's, the white house got tired of waiting for her to get around to it on her show and revealed the information themselves.

That never happened.

Upvote 0

Rion

Annuit Cœptis
Site Supporter
Oct 26, 2006
Nebraska
✟419,198.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
:doh:

Yeah, I get it. Some of you don't like the way she weaves history into contemporary reporting. In today's soundbite/talk radio world it's much more popular (for some) to just shout stuff than to speak clearly and cogently for five minutes.

How condescending of you.

No, I don't have a problem with people weaving history into a news story to build perspective. Maddow doesn't do that. She rambles on and makes random leaps in logic like a less entertaining version of Alex Jones.

That never happened.

WH releases Trump tax info ahead of MSNBC report

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
How condescending of you.

Thanks, I leaned from the best.

No, I don't have a problem with people weaving history into a news story to build perspective. Maddow doesn't do that. She rambles on and makes random leaps in logic like a less entertaining version of Alex Jones.

We'll just have to disagree on that. And (I would suspect) unlike you I watch her often enough to have a better perspective in her shtick.

I didn't see anything in there about the White House releasing the documents during her show because they "got tired of waiting for her" during her monologue (which was the context in which you posted that assertion). Looks like another Hydrogen Hillary moment.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums