• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Race seems to be a divisive issue among Christians

Discussion in 'The Kitchen Sink' started by Eftsoon, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+8,215
    Non-Denom
    Single
    You mean like labeling them as victims that need special treatment and having standards lowered for them because they're black? Is that what you're referring to?

The post of mine you responded to was in reply to the OP about how CRT "rubs Christians the wrong way". Here's something written by a black person who also sees how divisive it is:

"CRT is not curriculum, but a movement of the radical Left to use false charges of institutional racism to con Americans into thinking our history was, and remains, foundationally racist — a tactic within a strategy to move the country toward the tyrannical, self-serving Left.

It encourages people to despise traditional values that nurture safety, opportunity, and prosperity. By turning our backs on historical truth, we allow leftists to work their destruction into our fabric deep enough to change the color of the thread — from red, white, and blue to dark, shadowy, and dismal. With its underlying assumption that all white people are racists, CRT is itself racist."
    Critical Race Theory Cynically Undermines Racial Harmony

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Sophrosyne

Sophrosyne Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16

+42,419
    Christian

3. SongOnTheWind

SongOnTheWind Well-Known Member

+328
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    I'm sure that people in recent years gone by that have played victim and have called the police on other people because they already pre-judged them based on the colour of their skin, for things like barbequing, or waiting for people in coffee shops without buying anything, didn't have a good excuse for their behaviour either. Christians should want justice for the innocent in these instances as well, as well as other instances of injustice.

My point is that injustice happens every day. I'm just saying that it's telling that some only get worked up when they finally experience what someone else has experienced and it couldn't have bothered them less.

One day, Christians will experience a tribulation that has never been before, no will be seen since. And it won't matter the colour of our skin then. Let's not play into the enemy's hands. Let's not give him the satisfaction. Let the truth set us free.

4. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+12,309
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    Speaking as someone on the left, I can say that you have no idea what you're talking about. Nothing you have said is accurate or informational.

5. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+8,215
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Then take it from your president:
    Biden: 'If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black'

6. Jay Sea

Jay Sea ................ Ke ĉiuj vivu

+93
    Australia
    Christian
    Private
    Surely "Black Lives Matter" has to be taken in context of the treatment of coloured Peoples by mainly white people in their thirst for wealth. It is like the pandemic we concentrate on those most effected and vulnerable, That does not mean that others are not considered.
    In LOve
    Jay Sea

7. DaisyDay

DaisyDay blind squirrel

+12,309
    United States
    Unitarian
    Married
    US-Others
    Yes, Aldebaran, Biden did say that but he is only one person, not the entirety of the "left". Many, many on the left publicly bemoaned that statement at the time.

8. Ignatius the Kiwi

Ignatius the Kiwi Anti-Democratic Monarchist

+2,752
    New Zealand
    Eastern Orthodox
    Single
    I think White Christians have every right to be weary of BLM and CRT. Given that the former caused 2 billion dollars in property damage and the latter teaches that white people are inherently racist and there's nothing they can do to escape that racism.

Why should someone like myself embrace CRT instead of, say, Christian Orthodoxy?

9. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+8,215
    Non-Denom
    Single
    And then voted for him right afterward, after he also said, “poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids”

10. Aldebaran

Aldebaran Star Power!

+8,215
    Non-Denom
    Single
    Taking BLM in context with their actions indicates a violent mob that's bent on causing destruction and death whenever they believe they have an excuse.

11. ralliann

ralliann christian

+564
    United States
    Christian
    Widowed
    Now if this were extended to everybody that would be great.

12. coffee4u

coffee4u Well-Known Member

+1,981
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    Well it shouldn't be, God made the human race diverse just as he did with everything else he created.
    But that isn't the same as being being divided over government policies or media or disagreeing with someone else's take on those things. Two different subjects.

The US just seems to have a lot of angst over race. I mostly look at these threads and just shake my head and leave.

13. SongOnTheWind

+328
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    Well, I'm in disagreement with you at this moment. Should we now continue to contribute to the anger? When will it be time to do something about it? When will it be too late to do something about it?

14. SongOnTheWind

+328
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    This is my point. It is extended to everyone all the time, whether your own individual skin tone is being represented or not.

15. SongOnTheWind

+328
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    It seems like even when a scripture-based solution, complete with mirroring context, is presented, people still just want to hold on to their anger. Hasn't worked for black people the world over so far. That should be telling us something.

Time to shake the dust off my feet and leave.

16. coffee4u

coffee4u Well-Known Member

+1,981
    Australia
    Christian
    Married
    Do you feel the UK is similar or is race something you don't often think about unless something happens to bring it up?
    Threads on here seem to be constant and filled with anger or passive aggressiveness rather than anything constructive. :sigh: I don't think the US ever moved past it's origins, but you reap what you sew.

17. SongOnTheWind

+328
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Married
    I think racism is everywhere in the world, directed at all 'races' (There's only one race, and it's the human race. The fact that people have made those divisions in the first place and then do their best to stay superglued to them speaks volumes!)

The thing is, you have skin tone, and then you have culture. Culture is great. Variety is the spice of life. Some people claim that they can't see colour. I'm not going to lie, I see colour and difference. But that is something I choose to celebrate, rather than use to feel superior over others.

People have PLENTY of other faults we need to individually deal with, without turning cultural differences into one. Those faults are called sin, which is our rebellion against the Most High God and His holiness. So, yeah, we need to cut all this holier than thou indignation, and get on with what God wants to achieve and accomplish in and through our lives.

We can play into the lie of race division, or we can rise above it. Everyone has that choice. Black people in America had it for around 250 yrs now. So did white people at the same time, but from the opposite sides of the track. Same story everywhere in the world. The devil is a liar all the time, everywhere. And we are supposed to be surprised at this? Is this new information?? The fact that so many seem so emotionally gripped by this beyond all objectivity tells me that this is not just a physical battle, but a very real spiritual one. If we choose to humble ourselves and pray, God will hear. I really believe that:

2 Chronicles 7:14
    if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

Be blessed all :)

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  18. Eftsoon

Eftsoon Active Member

+269
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    This is absolutely crucial yes.

19. Eftsoon

Eftsoon Active Member

+269
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single

I feel like that too sometimes, but I'd like to think that discussion can bring moderation.

20. Eftsoon

Eftsoon Active Member

+269
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Yes. The US has deep-seated problems. Europe isn't much better though.They are experiencing a massive resurgence of fascism due to the fact that many European leaders made populist appeals during the financial crisis. They handed a degree of power to the far right and they haven't let go of course.

I'm in the UK. We have problems too, but overall things are generally better.