USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've been wishing that I could find some kind of way to track my hikes; the miles, the various trails, etc. I've seen some friends on social media tracking walks and runs and "virtual 5K's" and things like that, and it looks like such a great way to celebrate one's accomplishments and stay motivated to keep going.

After a bit o' googling, I found Race At Your Pace (Race at your Pace | Running, Walking, Cycling & Kids Virtual Challenges). You can set yourself a monthly distance challenge in running, walking, or even swimming. For a small fee, you can sign up to receive a certificate and medal once you've completed your challenge.

I'm going to give it a try! I'll post my progress here as well :)

If anyone else is doing walking/running challenges, or just wants to share their progress (distances, photos, stories), please feel free to do so!

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
PXL_20201114_210653114.jpg
Today's hike! I had to take advantage of the beautiful weather; sunny and 55 degrees. Tomorrow, of course, the rain comes back. I had the pleasure of seeing deer twice, passing a group of riders on horses, and traipsing around lots of muddy spots :)
upload_2020-11-14_17-59-51.png

Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟671,620.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Currently I walk 2 miles per day. It's very pleasant and gives me time to reflect on life and the Lord.

I once got disoriented (read lost) backpacking in the woods. When I finally found out where I was 9 miles (really) from where I thought I was! I hiked a total of 22 miles that day, by the end I had to carry my dog, it just wouldn't go any further. Great way to get exercise, though I wouldn't recommend it.

Reactions: dayhiker
Upvote 0

NerdGirl

The untamed daughter
Apr 14, 2020
USA
✟65,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Currently I walk 2 miles per day. It's very pleasant and gives me time to reflect on life and the Lord.

I once got disoriented (read lost) backpacking in the woods. When I finally found out where I was 9 miles (really) from where I thought I was! I hiked a total of 22 miles that day, by the end I had to carry my dog, it just wouldn't go any further. Great way to get exercise, though I wouldn't recommend it.

Oh, dear me lol. I don't know that I'd survive a 22 mile hike in one day! I got lost hiking once, and even though I was exhausted and irritable at the end, I made it out alive :D Now, thanks to GPS and cell phones, I hope it'll never happen again!

Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0