United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I'm not trying to be controversial

Really?

Non-negotiable points:
  • No anti-missionary/counter-missionary posts or teachings against the New Covenant books or against Yeshua as Messiah**
  • No replacement theology. No posts teaching or debating that the Church/Christians have replaced Israel or the Jewish people.
  • No anti-Torah theology. i.e. No posts accusing or debating that Messianic Jews or Gentiles are under the law, re-erecting the wall of partition, Torah has been made invalid for today, or Messianic Jews or Gentiles should not keep the commandments in Torah that apply to them. It's not permitted to tell members to keep the Universal (Noachide) laws or not to keep Shabbat.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
His logic is undeniable.

Proverbs 3

Complete Jewish Bible

3 My son, don’t forget my teaching,
keep my commands in your heart
;
2 for they will add to you many days,
years of life and peace.

3 Do not let grace and truth leave you —
bind them around your neck;
write them on the tablet of your heart.
4 Then you will win favor and esteem
in the sight of God and of people.

5 Trust in Adonai with all your heart;
do not rely on your own understanding.

Upvote 0

TreWalker

Jewish Magen Am
Jul 20, 2019
Pacific Northwest
✟83,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I'm not trying to be controversial or posting this for debate but I was certainly surprised to read that Messianic "Rabbi does not believe that Gentiles can be converted to Jews. Neither does he encourage Gentiles to try to look like or try to become Jewish."
He has changed so much lately.
» FAQ
As always, it all depends upon the sect you are living around. Some ultra orthodox Jews believe this, using the Talmud to back up their claims. Judaism, like Christianity is not monolithic. There are varying sects that believe sometimes in completely opposite directions. Same within Messianic Judaism and Hebrew Roots.

In Messianic Judaism if a non-Jew desires to observe Torah and convert to Judaism it is ONLY encourage if it's obviously motivated by the Spirit. And even then there is no process to accommodate this currently. As a standard Messianic Judaism does not do conversions, but some organizations like the MJRC have discussed it in detail here.

In general we don't believe all Gentiles are called to convert to Judaism through Yeshua. It just doesn't work that way. Never did and never will. Most don't even know what Torah they are to be bound to and believe they are to attach themselves to HaShem via Yeshua to the a Torah with curses attached to it. Yet, Yeshua came to free us from those curses to cause us to live united with HaShem through the Torah without the curses.

Many don't know what Torah is to be written upon their heart, and unwittily bind themselves to the curses in Leviticus 26. But the Torah Messiah writes upon our hearts is contain in Exodus 21-23, from before the golden calf incident. The original covenant had no curses. Something very important to understand and what many in these movements miss.

Upvote 0

Lady Chuza

Nov 6, 2009
✟12,420.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
Really?

Non-negotiable points:
  • No anti-missionary/counter-missionary posts or teachings against the New Covenant books or against Yeshua as Messiah**
  • No replacement theology. No posts teaching or debating that the Church/Christians have replaced Israel or the Jewish people.
  • No anti-Torah theology. i.e. No posts accusing or debating that Messianic Jews or Gentiles are under the law, re-erecting the wall of partition, Torah has been made invalid for today, or Messianic Jews or Gentiles should not keep the commandments in Torah that apply to them. It's not permitted to tell members to keep the Universal (Noachide) laws or not to keep Shabbat.
Yes really. It was for information only. My only comment is that he has changed.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,098,614.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I'm nearly 50% sure you have a point but I can't say I know what it is.

I trust YHWH over logical conclusions. I trust him at his word. How can we say that we believe him; if we don't believe his words? The message hasn't changed since the beginning. Eve reasoned away his words. Adam followed her as she followed Satan's logic.

Upvote 0

Lady Chuza

Nov 6, 2009
✟12,420.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
As always, it all depends upon the sect you are living around. Some ultra orthodox Jews believe this, using the Talmud to back up their claims. Judaism, like Christianity is not monolithic. There are varying sects that believe sometimes in completely opposite directions. Same within Messianic Judaism and Hebrew Roots.

In Messianic Judaism if a non-Jew desires to observe Torah and convert to Judaism it is ONLY encourage if it's obviously motivated by the Spirit. And even then there is no process to accommodate this currently. As a standard Messianic Judaism does not do conversions, but some organizations like the MJRC have discussed it in detail here.

In general we don't believe all Gentiles are called to convert to Judaism through Yeshua. It just doesn't work that way. Never did and never will. Most don't even know what Torah they are to be bound to and believe they are to attach themselves to HaShem via Yeshua to the a Torah with curses attached to it. Yet, Yeshua came to free us from those curses to cause us to live united with HaShem through the Torah without the curses.

Many don't know what Torah is to be written upon their heart, and unwittily bind themselves to the curses in Leviticus 26. But the Torah Messiah writes upon our hearts is contain in Exodus 21-23, from before the golden calf incident. The original covenant had no curses. Something very important to understand and what many in these movements miss.
This is great information. Thank you.

• Friendly
Reactions: TreWalker
Upvote 0

Lady Chuza

Nov 6, 2009
✟12,420.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Private
I'm not trying to be controversial or posting this for debate but I was certainly surprised to read that Messianic "Rabbi does not believe that Gentiles can be converted to Jews. Neither does he encourage Gentiles to try to look like or try to become Jewish."
He has changed so much lately.
» FAQ

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums