R u quoting the bible on Facebook?

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Jesus Christ today, yesterday and forever!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
If so have you noticed a decrease in people commenting on your actions in general?

I quote psalms from time to time and since I started being more explicit about my faith I get less responses. Now I suspect I'm ignored by many.

Well whatever, if they hate the Lord and his word then let them ignore. A few of my friends appreciate my quotes and its more important that brethren gets their bread than to please the unbelievers.

Have anyone has similar experiences?

Grace2022

Jun 9, 2017
Worcestershire.
✟92,922.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
If so have you noticed a decrease in people commenting on your actions in general?

I quote psalms from time to time and since I started being more explicit about my faith I get less responses. Now I suspect I'm ignored by many.

Well whatever, if they hate the Lord and his word then let them ignore. A few of my friends appreciate my quotes and its more important that brethren gets their bread than to please the unbelievers.

Oh so right! I don't put much on my FB page about Christianity. I've tried. There suddenly becomes a wall of cold silence. Friends distance themselves pretty quickly!

So now I don't do it. Better to keep friends, but work through setting an example of living lovingly, caringly as Jesus wants us to. We can gradually show people through our ways that this is the path. Takes longer but better than alienating Mon believers.
I have Christian FB friends, we message privately.

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
:heart: Bless yer hearts, Stabat and Lilly. God bless each of you for sowing seeds of His Word. He promises that it will not return to Him void. You have released it, and just like it says in this quote, just releasing it, and "letting it go", will accomplish what God says it will. Praying (((hug)))

iu

Upvote 0

Lucian Hodoboc

I've already read the Bible
Jul 8, 2017
-
Visit site
✟89,082.00
Country
Romania
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
:heart: Bless yer hearts, Stabat and Lilly. God bless each of you for sowing seeds of His Word. He promises that it will not return to Him void. You have released it, and just like it says in this quote, just releasing it, and "letting it go", will accomplish what God says it will. Praying (((hug)))

iu
I'm pretty sure that there are many animals that could kill a lion in a fight. A lion is a strong creature compared to a human, but it is pretty weak against a hippopotamus.

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
I'm pretty sure that there are many animals that could kill a lion in a fight. A lion is a strong creature compared to a human, but it is pretty weak against a hippopotamus.

It plays on scripture.
Jesus is the lion of Judah :)

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single

iu

God works miracles no doubt.
I hope I'm a tree bearing good fruit even when I think I'm not.

God have mercy on me a sinner :crossrc:

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

:heart: Well thank you for sharing that Lucian. I think possibly it's referring to spiritually, how the reference to Christ being a "Lion" and in that sense He is "King of kings" and there is no foe that can stand against Him, just like God's Word, when it is released, will accomplish what it is sent out to do, and that the gates of hell will not prevail against it.

Nevertheless, thank you for sharing your thoughts.

God bless you (((Hug)))

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Upvote 0

EnergonWaffles

Oct 11, 2017
Athens
✟16,199.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Perhaps try asking God how He wants you to use Facebook?

For example, one couple I know are missionaries but they never post anything Christian on FB. Why? Because doing so would be counter-productive to their ministry. I wouldn't even know they were Christians looking at their FB page.

But my roommate literally has a Facebook ministry where every post is about faith. And people flock to her posts.

shrug

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I don't use Facebook or Google at all. They are globalist data mining centers used to create extensive profiles on everyone for marketing and government surveillance.

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟937,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Christianity is part of who I am. My Facebook profile lists my religious affiliation. If you peruse my likes, you'll know even more about my Christian associations. From time-to-time, I may post a scripture, an event happening at my church, or a quote from a sermon I heard that morning. I have no doubt I have friends that are disinterested. Some may go silent until liking my next secular post. And, so what? Real friendships tolerate differences. Christianity is not all I post about, but it's part of who I am and I shall not deny it. As Shakespeare wrote, "This above all: to thine own self be true..." and as Jesus said, "But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven." Matthew 10:33(KJV).

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
images

I just love this picture!
Amen!!!! That's exactly what i was meditating on.

I post choruses on my facebook page, thank you for reminding me, I haven't done much recently

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
images

I just love this picture!

I post choruses on my facebook page, thank you for reminding me, I haven't done much recently

I do too. :)

Many blessings to you and your Facebook page. :)

Upvote 0

plugh

Dec 2, 2016
USA
✟127,037.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Well, if you are going to adopt an attitude of paranoia and martyrdom, then try to excuse your lack of respect for someone's non-interest in your religion as "hating" something - it doesn't surprise me one bit that they avoid the conversation rather than suffer the invective you demonstrate above.

Perhaps ask yourself this... Why are you so bent out of shape about people not appreciating you shoving your religious views down their throat?

And, please, don't say you are not. The fact that you expect a positive response to your actions shows that you are.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Well, if you are going to adopt an attitude of paranoia and martyrdom, then try to excuse your lack of respect for someone's non-interest in your religion as "hating" something - it doesn't surprise me one bit that they avoid the conversation rather than suffer the invective you demonstrate above.

Perhaps ask yourself this... Why are you so bent out of shape about people not appreciating you shoving your religious views down their throat?

And, please, don't say you are not. The fact that you expect a positive response to your actions shows that you are.

Paranoia and martyrdom, hmm...
Either you're with me or you're against me Christ says if anything I'm just echoing the Lord.
If you read my op more carefully you'll see I've noticed a decrease in my nonreligious content.

I don't expect a hallelujah from all Facebook I'm merely reacting to the general cold shoulder all over.
You're jumping to hasty conclusions when you're saying I'm pushing my faith down their throats when all I do is to post psalms.

To say that posting psalms on my timeline is pushing my faith down their throat is an absurd statement.

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,909.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

Oh so right! I don't put much on my FB page about Christianity. I've tried. There suddenly becomes a wall of cold silence. Friends distance themselves pretty quickly!

God bless you!!!

and as Jesus said, "But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven." Matthew 10:33(KJV).

1 Corinthians 1:18 says it very well
why-the-atheists-call-Christians-foolish.jpg

I would rather be part of God's kingdom, as Paul says in Romans 1:16

c3fa3c37989876b766ffaadab381ee99--bible-scriptures-bible-quotes.jpg

Thank you for this thread, Stabat Mater,

Upvote 0

brinny

Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,276.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
1 Corinthians 1:18 says it very well
why-the-atheists-call-Christians-foolish.jpg

I would rather be part of God's kingdom, as Paul says in Romans 1:16

c3fa3c37989876b766ffaadab381ee99--bible-scriptures-bible-quotes.jpg

Thank you for this thread, Stabat Mater,

Amen!!!!

Upvote 0

Stabat Mater dolorosa

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Somewhere up North
✟294,001.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Traditional. Cath.
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 22:1-14 (NABRE)

The Parable of the Wedding Feast.
1 Jesus again in reply spoke to them in parables, saying, 2 “The kingdom of heaven may be likened to a king who gave a wedding feast for his son. 3 He dispatched his servants to summon the invited guests to the feast, but they refused to come. 4 A second time he sent other servants, saying, ‘Tell those invited: “Behold, I have prepared my banquet, my calves and fattened cattle are killed, and everything is ready; come to the feast.”’ 5 Some ignored the invitation and went away, one to his farm, another to his business. 6 The rest laid hold of his servants, mistreated them, and killed them. 7 The king was enraged and sent his troops, destroyed those murderers, and burned their city. 8 Then he said to his servants, ‘The feast is ready, but those who were invited were not worthy to come. 9 Go out, therefore, into the main roads and invite to the feast whomever you find.’ 10 The servants went out into the streets and gathered all they found, bad and good alike, and the hall was filled with guests. 11 But when the king came in to meet the guests he saw a man there not dressed in a wedding garment. 12 He said to him, ‘My friend, how is it that you came in here without a wedding garment?’ But he was reduced to silence. 13 Then the king said to his attendants, ‘Bind his hands and feet, and cast him into the darkness outside, where there will be wailing and grinding of teeth.’ 14 Many are invited, but few are chosen.”

Upvote 0