R.I.P. Richard Lewontin (1929 - 2021)

Sep 8, 2012
✟14,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
iu

“In the ensuing chapters, we will look in some detail at particular manifestations of the modern scientific ideology and the false paths down which it has led us. We will consider how biological determinism has been used to explain and justify inequalities within and between societies and to claim that those inequalities can never be changed. We will see how a theory of human nature has been developed using Darwin's theory of evolution by natural selection to claim that social organization is also unchangeable because it is natural. We will see how problems of health and disease have been located within the individual so that the individual becomes a problem for society to cope with rather than society becoming a problem for the individual. And we will see how simple economic relationships masquerading as facts of nature can drive the entire direction of biological research and technology.”

― Richard C. Lewontin

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yah they cannot let in a divine foot or they would have to believe in God and Jesus and creation and many cannot bear that idea. It’s a conspiracy by scientists to keep God out of life and to hold Him back from the people so they can’t believe, at all cost.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Since evolution is directly observed by scientists, facts win out over opinion.

The majority of the world's Christians acknowledge the fact that evolution is consistent with God's creation. Even Darwin thought so.

It’s a conspiracy by scientists to keep God out of life and to hold Him back from the people so they can’t believe, at all cost.

That belief is easily debunked here:

There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed by the Creator into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being evolved.
Charles Darwin, last sentence of On the Origin of Species

• Winner
Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed by the Creator into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being evolved

Bunk

Upvote 0
Sep 8, 2012
✟14,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It’s a conspiracy by scientists to keep God out of life and to hold Him back from the people so they can’t believe, at all cost.

There definitely is a conspiracy to fool people into believing there is overwhelming evidence for atheism.

And zero evidence for God.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
There definitely is a conspiracy to fool people into believing there is overwhelming evidence for atheism.

That would be really odd, since even Richard Dawkins says that there is no way to disprove God or to prove that God does not exist.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
A theist (Charles Darwin) asserts that God created the first living things:

There is grandeur in this view of life, with its several powers, having been originally breathed by the Creator into a few forms or into one; and that, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being evolved

Dissenter disagrees.

You'll have to come up with a better argument against God to get me to change my mind.

• Agree
Reactions: Job 33:6
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A theist (Charles Darwin) asserts that God created the first living things:

Dissenter disagrees.

You'll have to come up with a better argument against God to get me to change my mind.

Don’t want to change your mind. Just love God love your neighbor and lead a holy life. At least abide in Jesus.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yah if they let God in it would be their worst nightmare, ironically.

Upvote 0
Sep 8, 2012
✟14,978.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That would be really odd, since even Richard Dawkins says that there is no way to disprove God or to prove that God does not exist.

1. Zero evidence for God.
2. Disprove God.
3. Prove God does not exist.

These 3 things are not the same.

If you look around this forum, you might notice many, many atheists who believe there is overwhelming evidence for atheism and zero evidence for God.

How did they come to this conclusion? Who benefits the most from a shift from christianity to atheism.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
1. Zero evidence for God.
2. Disprove God.
3. Prove God does not exist.

Science can neither prove nor disprove God. If faith isn't good enough for you, science can't help you. Rely on Him, not a human-produced method for understanding nature.

If you look around this forum, you might notice many, many atheists who believe there is overwhelming evidence for atheism and zero evidence for God.

Can you point me to one?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Don’t want to change your mind. Just love God love your neighbor and lead a holy life. At least abide in Jesus.

If you honestly believe that, why did you object to Darwin's claim that God created the first living things?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,613.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
17,419 posts on this forum.

And you've never seen a single atheist here who believes there is "overwhelming evidence" for atheism and "zero evidence" for God?

The fact that you can't show me one, is a pretty good clue, isn't it?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟415,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

yah, what do you think... blindness?

Upvote 0