Status
Not open for further replies.

daydreamergurl15

Daughter of the King
Dec 11, 2003
✟15,656.00
Faith
Christian
So, while some of us are in very tense debates, take a breather and quote your favorite verse that was said by God...
:)

I know that scripture was written by the inspiration of God, and I know there that the word is awesome, but I ask, post your favorite verse that was said by God (Father, Son, Spirit)...

Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.
Matthew 11:28-30.

daydreamergurl15

Daughter of the King
Dec 11, 2003
✟15,656.00
Faith
Christian
Ezekiel 18:25-32

25 “Yet you say, ‘The way of the Lord is not fair.’ Hear now, O house of Israel, is it not My way which is fair, and your ways which are not fair? 26 When a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity, and dies in it, it is because of the iniquity which he has done that he dies. 27 Again, when a wicked man turns away from the wickedness which he committed, and does what is lawful and right, he preserves himself alive. 28 Because he considers and turns away from all the transgressions which he committed, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 29 Yet the house of Israel says, ‘The way of the Lord is not fair.’ O house of Israel, is it not My ways which are fair, and your ways which are not fair?
30 “Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways,” says the Lord GOD. “Repent, and turn from all your transgressions, so that iniquity will not be your ruin. 31 Cast away from you all the transgressions which you have committed, and get yourselves a new heart and a new spirit. For why should you die, O house of Israel? 32 For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies,” says the Lord GOD. “Therefore turn and live!”

Upvote 0

DrBubbaLove

Roman Catholic convert from Southern Baptist
Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2004
Left coast
✟77,600.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God said this:
Jhn 6:51I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Upvote 0

daydreamergurl15

Daughter of the King
Dec 11, 2003
✟15,656.00
Faith
Christian
God said this:
Jhn 6:51I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

Love it... :thumbsup:

But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.'"
Jesus' respond to Satan's temptation...
Matthew 4:4

Upvote 0

St_Worm2

Simul Justus et Peccator
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2002
✟2,928,191.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
There are so many :) Here are a couple of my very favorite ones from the OT.
"Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

"I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans for welfare and not for calamity, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

Upvote 0

daydreamergurl15

Daughter of the King
Dec 11, 2003
✟15,656.00
Faith
Christian
DaLeKo you quoted my favorite verse Isaiah 41:10!

Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said:
"Who is this who darkens counsel by words without knowledge?
Now prepare yourself life a man:
I will question you, and you shall answer Me.

"Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?
Tell Me, if you have understanding...
Job 38:1-4

Upvote 0

Emmy

Senior Veteran
Feb 15, 2004
✟50,995.00
Faith
Salvation Army
Dear daydreamergurl15. Said by Jesus/God: " Love God with all your hearts, all your souls, and all your minds, also love your neighbour as you love yourselves, then follow me." My words to myself: " Never run ahead of God/Jesus, Ask and Follow." I say this humbly and with love, daydreamergurl. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Chist.

Upvote 0

doulos_tou_kuriou

Located at the intersection of Forde and Giertz
Apr 26, 2006
MinneSO-TA. That's how they say it here, right?
✟17,424.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Gen 50:20-As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring it about that numerous people should be kept alive, as they are today.

Hosea 11:8-9- How can I give you up, O Ephraim? How can Ihand you over, O Israel? How can I make you like Admah? How can I treat you like Zeboiim? My heart recoils within me; my compassion grows warm and tender. I will not execute my burning anger; I will not again destroy Ephraim; for I am God and not man, the Holy One in your midst, and I will not come in wrath.

Ephesians 2:8- For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing, it is a gift from God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

daydreamergurl15

Daughter of the King
Dec 11, 2003
✟15,656.00
Faith
Christian
Ezekiel 18:25-32

25 “Yet you say, ‘The way of the Lord is not fair.’ Hear now, O house of Israel, is it not My way which is fair, and your ways which are not fair? 26 When a righteous man turns away from his righteousness, commits iniquity, and dies in it, it is because of the iniquity which he has done that he dies. 27 Again, when a wicked man turns away from the wickedness which he committed, and does what is lawful and right, he preserves himself alive. 28 Because he considers and turns away from all the transgressions which he committed, he shall surely live; he shall not die. 29 Yet the house of Israel says, ‘The way of the Lord is not fair.’ O house of Israel, is it not My ways which are fair, and your ways which are not fair?

30 “Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways,” says the Lord GOD. “Repent, and turn from all your transgressions, so that iniquity will not be your ruin. 31 Cast away from you all the transgressions which you have committed, and get yourselves a new heart and a new spirit. For why should you die, O house of Israel? 32 For I have no pleasure in the death of one who dies,” says the Lord GOD. “Therefore turn and live!”

Upvote 0
T

Tanis

Exodus 3:14-15

14 God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM"; and He said, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"
15 God, furthermore, said to Moses, "Thus you shall say to the sons of Israel, 'The LORD, the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, has sent me to you ' This is My name forever, and this is My memorial-name to all generations.

Upvote 0
T

Tanis

Exodus 33:17-19

17 And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.
18 And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.
19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
T

Tanis

Matthew 12:30: "He who is not with me is against me"

Luke 9:50: "he that is not against us is for us"

??????????????
That is because they are not in any context. :)

In Matthew Jesus is addressing the Pharisees and is speaking of demons and the binding of satan, Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees, non-believers.

In Luke Jesus is addressing the disciples and was speaking of others that were not part of their group (those disciples themselves), they were believers though.

Upvote 0

rockytriton

Jan 9, 2006
VA near DC
Visit site
✟7,803.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
That is because they are not in any context. :)

In Matthew Jesus is addressing the Pharisees and is speaking of demons and the binding of satan, Jesus was speaking to the Pharisees, non-believers.

In Luke Jesus is addressing the disciples and was speaking of others that were not part of their group (those disciples themselves), they were believers though.

that makes sense to me

Upvote 0

shinbits

Dec 4, 2005
New York
✟14,001.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Job 38

The LORD Speaks

1 Then the LORD answered Job out of the storm. He said:

2 "Who is this that darkens my counsel
with words without knowledge? 3 Brace yourself like a man;
I will question you,
and you shall answer me.

^ that was gangsta.

Upvote 0

daydreamergurl15

Daughter of the King
Dec 11, 2003
✟15,656.00
Faith
Christian
Shinbits which version do you use?

"Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops. And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. And not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will. But the very hairs on your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than any sparrow.
Matthew 10:27-31

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.